Rusty

Asking For Well Wishes Once Again

Well some of you may know, recently I began a new job. Well it blows and every day I am pissed off for several repetitive reasons. So the wife found that the Ford dealer up the road from home is hiring for a Quick Lane service adviser. I applied, and tonight I blew the service manager away in my interview. I should know by early next week if I am offered the job. I'll be making around 10 grand or more a year than I was at Volvo, and 6 or so more than I am making right now. Winter is coming, and thanks to the fuel pump I couldn't get tires, so closer is better when it comes to driving to work in the snow. Plus I can go home for lunch, which means I don't have to worry about forgetting to take lunch with me. So far I have yet to find a negative. So folks, this is what I need to finally get a year off to a good start. Wish me luck!

:ford::merc:

Serious good luck man! I remember you were so excited for this new job, it's no fun that it stinks!

Good Luck! Hope it all works out for you.

Have at it! !

This is great news, I hope it works out like you want. Put me down as a reference. :)

• Like 1

Thanks, folks!

Serious good luck man! I remember you were so excited for this new job, it's no fun that it stinks!

Yeah, it was a number of things that have me fed up. It just isn't worth the stress and hassle.

Good luck dude! When you get the job at the Ford dealer, I expect some kind of "friends" discount on parts and service! :P

Good luck dude! When you get the job at the Ford dealer, I expect some kind of "friends" discount on parts and service! :P

If you are willing to make the drive, sure! :lol:

Ouch, Hope everything works out. Working for Ford would be awesome, great discounts to fix your car up :D

Well some of you may know, recently I began a new job. Well it blows and every day I am pissed off for several repetitive reasons. So the wife found that the Ford dealer up the road from home is hiring for a Quick Lane service adviser. I applied, and tonight I blew the service manager away in my interview. I should know by early next week if I am offered the job. I'll be making around 10 grand or more a year than I was at Volvo, and 6 or so more than I am making right now. Winter is coming, and thanks to the fuel pump I couldn't get tires, so closer is better when it comes to driving to work in the snow. Plus I can go home for lunch, which means I don't have to worry about forgetting to take lunch with me. So far I have yet to find a negative. So folks, this is what I need to finally get a year off to a good start. Wish me luck!

Best of luck from the old coot!

-chart-

Good luck dude! Hope you get the job, being close to home and being paid more is a plus.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

If you are willing to make the drive, sure! :lol:

Damn straight.....I'll drive the 100+ miles to save a buck or two on an oil change! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Peed in a cup today, so the wheels are set in motion :lol:

Damn straight.....I'll drive the 100+ miles to save a buck or two on an oil change! :rolleyes:

You drive out here, and buy me a beer, and I'll just comp the damn oil change!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Peed in a cup today, so the wheels are set in motion :lol:

You don't know that. They may of just wanted your pee. :ph34r:

Dude, I have that actual concern. What do they do with it after testing? Leftovers? Does some creepy person keep it for their collection? <shiver>

• Like 1

Rusty

Assume you will be dealing with the public, customers.

Business are made or lost based on the person who has first contact with the customer. I have seen it happen many times. Most of my experience was in motels. I stayed over 100 nights per year for 18 years, then dropped down to about 20 for 5 years and now maybe 6 a year. I stayed at Hampton Inns over a thousand nights and never had a bad or even close to bad experience. Then on the other hand, I stayed two times and Fairfield and had 2 bad experiences, one really horrible with the desk person. I wrote a letter and got no answer. One night at Ramada, and bad experience checking out with the desk person, and wrote a letter, and 2 months got a letter from the manager, but he clearly did not read my letter. Never been to either of those again. Just to name extremes. Point is, customers remember and decide based on bad desk persons.

And when I bought my Lincoln, last year, the dealer (Honda) was super clean, well organized, customer friendly, place I was ever in. The salesman was really on the ball. And they sent me a check for $1.00 for overcharging me on the temp plate.

Our local Ford dealer service is just the opposite. Enough said.

Best of luck and seems like you handled the cup OK. (no pressure to perform)

-chart-

Edited by -chart-
  • Like 1

Chart I drank a liter of water a couple hours ahead of time :lol:

And I know what you mean with the service. My entire professional life has been direct customer service, and have had my fair share of customers who returned to get service again from me personally. This is what I like to do, and I believe I am quite good at it. That being said, I'm sure that I have pissed people off before, too. Sometimes that happens. Can't make everybody happy.

Cheers.

Dude, I have that actual concern. What do they do with it after testing? Leftovers? Does some creepy person keep it for their collection? <shiver>

They sell it to Brazil for fetish videos. :P

• Like 1

They sell it to Brazil for fetish videos. :P

Oh my glob, let's not go there :puke:

• Like 2

I know this was a joke haha.... literally they pour it down the toilet. No joke. O_o

That is a creepy thought, what if they do keep it? Gross.

Done. Deal.