Sign in to follow this  
Bull Geek

Former Atlanta Taurus Assembly Plant Repurposed

Plans are in motion...Porsche was smart to pick up the track of land. E-Z rail access. Right next to the interstate, right near the Atlanta airport.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/29/porsche-finally-breaks-ground-on-new-hq-in-georgia/

Even with the factory gone, good to see the land repurposed, cleaned up and reused in a good manner...

They also renamed the street...

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/11/reader-update-work-finally-progressing-on-porsches-new-hq-near/

lol @ typist of sign not knowing roman numerals. 11 !=II

They may have a test track...but it was still fun flying across the former plant parking lot in our cars back in the late 2000s. SHOs roaring away :)

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb.

Never mind lol. I thought there was a Porsche 411, and when a quick Google search brought up some pictures and sites, I thought one existed. I guess one does not lol.

• Like 1

How far is Hapeville from that 'abandoned' racetrack you found a while back, Nick?

Essentially drive from Atlanta to Savannah, GA. I75 South, then take I16E in Macon, head east as it dumps you into Savannah. 3.5-4 hr drive.

Sean and I took the Caliber around a few times..... you can't really go that fast..... then again we were (well, at least I was) just a little worried about how much the Caliber could take w/o possibly rolling it, since it does have somewhat of an SUV stance and no stability control, and those curves sure were tight. Now that I have a strut tower brace, I can definitely take corners much better with it.