Sign in to follow this  
rknight

New Ride

picked this up a few days ago.... it's going to be odd showing up to taurus meet with this puppy.

2011 Chrysler 200 Touring

2012-11-28114648.jpg

2012-11-28114658.jpg

2012-11-28114713.jpg

2012-11-28114732.jpg

Edited by rknight
  • Like 1

:banned:
  • Like 2

Hey, just because the club Pres did it, doesn't mean YOU can do it!

I like it! these are rather easy to clean from a dealership perspective, not to mention, backed by Eminem, my favorite part :)

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

:pat: Blahh, Chrysler!!! Had so many bad experiences with Chryslers! In my honest opinion, I think that the 200 isn't as nice as it should be - Chrysler cut corners and didn't make it the car it should be. I MUST say that it is a LOT better than the Sebring...

Anyways, it's nice to have a new car either way, even if I think it's :puke: :puke:

It doesn't look half bad though.

Edited by breeves002

From one former rental car, to another former rental car.

I hope it at least has the V6 in it.

I hope it at least has the V6 in it.

I'm afraid not. It says 2.4L in his sig...

Edited by OmmEGGA

Yikes... a Taurus to a 200? :puke:

The rental car blood runs through us :ohnoes:

• Like 1

The rental car blood runs through us :ohnoes:

yes it dose

Nice. Not my taste but it's better than the Sebring lol. If I would go Chrysler I would get the Fiat 500 Abarth thing is badass for a small car!!!

My coworker's 200 has been in the shop several times. The TPMS system constantly reports low tire pressure when all tires are fine. The dealer gave up trying to solve that. The car was in the shop for almost a month for a failed VCT / VVT component. The parts were not immediately available. She likes her 200. It's upscale from the Sebring, but she doesn't like the smaller trunk and rear seat legroom. (her grandson is 14 and 6'1")

She owned a Sebring prior to the 200. It was in the shop many times for electrical failures.

She had a similar experience after she bought a then brand new, first year Nissan Titan. The rear diff failed and parts were not readily available. One drawback to buying a new car in it's first model year.

This is an older lady that only drives about 8-10,000 miles a year. She buys a new vehicle about every 2 years.

Why the heck would anyone buy a new car every two years. What a waste. She's had three brand new cars that have sucked too! Wow! That's crazy! I understand people who will lease a car for the life of its warranty.

Verdict: Chrysler stinks. The new cars are pretty nice, but still are junk in the long run.

It will take a long time before I can consider a Chrysler product reliable. I've experienced their unreliable products first hand, and horror stories. Only two I can trust is Ford products or GM products. I've had less issues with Fords than my uncle has with his 02 Liberty.

If i see in a good 15 years Chrysler products hold up, then I may consider one. Till then, I'm fine.

I think since Marchionne came into power, you are not going to see a whole lot of junk coming from Chrysler anymore.

If anything, their brand seems to be creating vehicles with the power going to the correct set of wheels, that looks equally impressive, and they show it too inside and out. Take the Charger, 300, Challenger. Build quality on the 200s is great considering what the Sebring was before it went out. They were fussing over the tail light fit/finish when 200s were going down the line, which ended up costing Chrysler $ to fix with its supplier.

I have more faith in Chrysler doing well in the long run than GM. GM still doesn't get it.

I know some guys who are working out west at Belvidere Assembly on the Compass, Patriot, and Dart. The stories I've heard about quality control, oversight, and the Marchionne Effect have given me hope.

They'd better hurry it along with reintroducing Alfa Romeo in the US, godammit. I want to see 8C Competizione Coupes on the street!

GM gets it. Their trucks last longer than Ford trucks that's for sure with the abuse our work trucks take. Their cars are safe and reliable too. They're coming out with a great strong line up too, especially with the 2014 Impala. That... Is one very beautiful car from the pictures I have seen. I would want one very much. Only GM's I didn't care for were the late 90's/early 00 GM's where they did cut every corner, much like Ford did too. Unlike Chrysler - who has been cutting corners since the 80's. Also, Chrysler doesn't offer paper owners manuals anymore, they give them out on a DVD. I prefer having everything on paper, so I may read it should I have a question whenever.

GM is way behind in the truck game, look at the F150 compared to the Silverado. GM is a whole life cycle behind ford when it comes to trucks. A few years ago they still put drum brakes on their trucks, they might still do that on W/Ts, that is lame. My buddy has a 2005 Z71 silverado with rear drums, my 2002 Explorer has rear discs (something is wrong there). Their primary motor puts out 315hp, are you kidding me. Their 3/4ton and 1 ton trucks have independent front suspension, another joke. I would buy a "RAM" truck over a GM truck any day of the week, of course only if I couldn't get a Ford. GM is just too far behind, so they are coming out with a twin turbo V6 for next gen, who cares, Ford beat them to it fair and square and the Ecoboost is a beast. Go to any construction site and look around what do you see, Ford Super Duties, they are the toughest and strongest truck money can buy. I have seen first hand the punishment that a Super Duty can take and I'm sold.

Chrysler has a good product in anything that rides on the Mercedes Platform, the 300, Charger and such. Those are good cars I've driven both a 300 and a Charger. I love the good old rwd big V8 solid car. The Jeep Wrangler is an automatic winner no discussion there. The GC is well...a bit over the top and only worth a Grand. The new Liberty is gonna suck, riding on the dart platform is a bad idea. People buy jeeps to go offroad and have solid axles and 4x4, not fuel efficiency and a soft ride. I have yet to sit in a 200 but I'm sure its better than the Sebering.

GM is making the same mistake with the Impala that ford did with the taurus, they are making it too big. Why do you think ford plans to down size the taurus for the next generation, its just too big.

To each their own. But I can say first hand, I've had more issues with my 2007 E-250 than I did with my 2000 GMC Savana 3500 that was heavily abused before I got it.

One of our supervisor F-150's, which is a new gen, had to have the engine replaced under warranty, Ford trucks fall apart easily, and they receive the same treatment GM trucks get. Our GM fleet holds up. Sadly our fleet manager keeps sticking with Fords since they give us a better discount. Also GM vans are much more comfortable, the engine isn't as in the way as it is on the E-series. I hope they fix that with the new Transits... I could sleep in my GMC, I can't even get comfortable in the Econoline.

I see so many pros in the new GM's, I've driven quite a bit of them, I love them. But I love the Focus a little bit more. Only GM's I don't like are the new Buicks. They shouldn't exist. But... They do. :(

Kevin, if your fleet gets T-Series vans it'll either have a turbodiesel or an EcoBoost V6. ;)

Our company seems to be anti-diesel. So it'd have to be the Ecoboost. I wouldn't mind that. B)

If i see in a good 15 years Chrysler products hold up, then I may consider one. Till then, I'm fine.

My '01 Dakota is without doubt one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. :dunno:

Why the heck would anyone buy a new car every two years. What a waste. She's had three brand new cars that have sucked too! Wow! That's crazy! I understand people who will lease a car for the life of its warranty.

She can afford it. She could buy a more expensive car every few years but she chooses not to. Her older cars often get handed down to her family.

I think since Marchionne came into power, you are not going to see a whole lot of junk coming from Chrysler anymore.

If anything, their brand seems to be creating vehicles with the power going to the correct set of wheels, that looks equally impressive, and they show it too inside and out. Take the Charger, 300, Challenger. Build quality on the 200s is great considering what the Sebring was before it went out. They were fussing over the tail light fit/finish when 200s were going down the line, which ended up costing Chrysler $ to fix with its supplier.

I have more faith in Chrysler doing well in the long run than GM. GM still doesn't get it.

Right, GM still dosn't get it.

But under Marchionn, Chrysler has really steped its game up in tirms of build quality, design & styling, and performance, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.