Sign in to follow this  
Rusty

Winter Detail Time!

That's right, folks. Time for Marilyn's bi-yearly (LOL) detail! A nice perk with this new job, is that I have Black Friday off, so this gives me the better part of 3 days to clean up the car, and believe you me, it's DUE!

So here are some before shots, and by Sunday evening, I hope to have her looking pretty damn good. I am also planning a run to the JY to try and find myself a pair of fenders and a bumper, and if all goes well, those will be installed by Sunday, too.

DetailBefore001.jpg

DetailBefore002.jpg

DetailBefore003.jpg

DetailBefore004.jpg

DetailBefore005.jpg

DetailBefore006.jpg

DetailBefore007.jpg

DetailBefore008.jpg

DetailBefore009.jpg

DetailBefore010.jpg

DetailBefore011.jpg

DetailBefore012.jpg

Oh yes she needs a good cleaning! I love the black hood, but not the front bumper! :P

Definitely post when she is done. :)

LOL yes, I thought I could live with the bumper, but it ain't happening. Sure hope I can find a white one, but at this point I just want one without a hole in it :pat:

you are lucky to have a taurus, finding decent body panels for a sable...tough job, around here you see them plenty on the road, but none in the junkyard

I'm lucky, I have tons of sables in my JY as well. Silver frost metallic was popular too! Well more taurii than sables!

Good luck! If you come across any problems or need some help with something feel free to shoot me a message.

I'm lucky, I have tons of sables in my JY as well. Silver frost metallic was popular too! Well more taurii than sables!

Gotta love Silver Frost.

2X was at one time in my herd.

Really nice color.

-chart-

Damn, you weren't kidding about it needing a cleaning! lol

Gotta love Silver Frost.

2X was at one time in my herd.

Really nice color.

-chart-

Wouldn't rather have anything else! Love that color.

I can't look at those before pics anymore.....gives me chest pains lol Can't wait to see how she cleans up!

• Like 1

Well so far, she got her first bath in months. Unfortunately, that's all I got done so far. Looks as though the weather is not going to cooperate with me this weekend, but I'll try and push through! Sorry for the picture quality. Getting used to a new phone and haven't quite figured everything out yet.

mms_picture1.jpg

mms_picture.jpg

Getting better! :P I LOVE that black hood though.

The more I look at it, the more I love it. It should really pop once the fenders and bumper are replaced.

Oh yes definitely. Have you thought about getting body colored gen 3 rocker panel covers? Or even silver frost. That'd match the spoiler and mirrors. You have quite the color combo going!

97_ford_taurus_lx_stock_3706a_buy_here_pay_here_financing_95292663469324180.jpg

Edited by TaurusDailyDriver

Oh yes definitely. Have you thought about getting body colored gen 3 rocker panel covers? Or even silver frost. That'd match the spoiler and mirrors. You have quite the color combo going!

97_ford_taurus_lx_stock_3706a_buy_here_pay_here_financing_95292663469324180.jpg

I have, actually. Would love Silver Frost to go with the painted bumper bottoms and mirror caps. Originally, I had it at just a silver/white scheme, but of course, I could not find a good white hood at the junkyard :pat: so now it's silver, white and black lol.

Don't forget the Chestnut colored header panel! Now you have 4 colors!

That's true. If the sun hits the car just right, you can see it through the grille, lol.

I just cleaned my car out and saw this thread and thought I'd hijack it with my own pics!

Mine too was really gross. There was a flim of brown dust on everything. Don't ask me where the brown comes from!

1124121403-00.jpg

1124121404-00.jpg

Just like she rolled off the assembly line!

Edited by mmmfloorpie

Good timing on the winter detailing. Had flurries up here today, snow in the forecast for Tuesday.

Yeppers, winter is coming to Pennsylvania.

And what's with the circle on the rear seat ? Is there a sign somewhere that says "Place Butt on Circle" ? :icon_razz:

Looks good, floorpie!

Good timing on the winter detailing. Had flurries up here today, snow in the forecast for Tuesday.

And what's with the circle on the rear seat ? Is there a sign somewhere that says "Place Butt on Circle" ? :icon_razz:

LOL Sandy! No, that's remnant of a propane tank. Unfortunately I got nothing done after the wash. Yesterday was just too windy, and today was too cold, plus I got a bunch of shopping done. Oh well, next weekend!

\

Very mild winter last year. Just kept a pic to remind me about MILD.

We had a dusting of white yesterday.

I am not looking forward but we got 3 trips to Buffalo NY scheduled in Dec.

-chart-

Chart, that's nothing, I can still see your car LOL

I had fast forward almost passed out.... I'm digging black hood

• Like 1