Glad your fiance is ok. That sucks though, that was one of my favorite cars on here.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

"Kid ran a stop sign and told the officer he was late for work" ... As if that will excuse what he's done.

I'm glad your fiancee is not seriously injured. Condolences on losing your car.

Co-worker just got rear-ended by a guy who was looking for a song on his playlist. His car is totalled and the other guy is uninsured. Parking lot at shopping center yesterday was mayhem. Twice I almost got hit by people too busy with other stuff to pay attention.

People just don't get it, do they? When you're in a car, your job is to pay attention to driving and the roads and traffic around you.

I know EXACTLY what you are saying! People just don't pay attention! They all assume the other drivers will. I had a guy in a brand new dodge charger (3.5L one, not a V8) cut me off so badly. I was getting off the highway, and a lane opens up just for us. This guy had to get over to turn right up ahead and instead of slowing down (there was no one behind me) he floors it and I hear his car downshift and the rpm's shoot up and tries to shoot ahead of me. He gets about half of his car ahead of mine and then starts to get over. I LAYED on the horn and he STILL kept coming in my lane so I had to slam on the brakes and swerve to not hit him.... Made me so mad. Screamed at the top of my lungs at him and I don't usually flip people off, but I sure did here! I doubt he even cared.

One thing I really hate is when people want to save a few extra seconds, so they put everyones lives in danger to do it. People swerving in and out on the highway, etc.

P.S. I laughed at the title of this thread, only to realize it was all too serious.

Edited by breeves002

I don't know what I'm doing as far as a replacement. Her and I won't agree at all. It probably won't be another Taurus. Of it's up to her it'll be a 10 year old Nissan with 125k for 11k. I've thought about an Aurora and a Regal GS, but "they're ugly".

This car that I loved and adored for 6 years and brought home both of my children while putting a never ending smile on my face can't be replaced by a random utility to transport me.

She can't understand this because she wants a "newer" car that looks nice. There have been many heated arguments already.

I'm just getting my Thunderbird legal and then putting tires on my caprice to make that legal and she's going to deal with it until she agrees with me.

I've suggested the 6, fusion, Milan, and numerous other things. She wants an SUV or a Nissan. Neither is happening. She is just going to have to deal with a 92 Caprice. When I do end up buying something she may have to deal with it. I'd rather it not go down like that though.

Yikes, seems stubborn. Well good luck! Don't like nissan? Or just don't like OLD nissan? My mom bought a 2010 sentra with 60k miles on it for $12,000 about 6 months ago, she loves it.

I drove an 08 Altima for 4 hours... never want to drive a Nissan again.

Anyways, I am scratching my head at the thought of it was your car that got hit, and it should be you who makes the decision of what replaces it. I still wish you could fix it up seeing that it has an immense amount of sentimental value.

Women.... haha. Good luck.

Really? Hmm, I like 06 and newer Nissan (well not all of them). I also like any GTR....

Women: can't live with them, can't live without them!!!

Edited by breeves002

Women.

Can't live with them, can't set them on fire.

Tread lightly, Sir. Do what works for you best. I have a woman, YOU have my sympathy. Good luck.

Women.

Can't live with them, can't set them on fire.

Tread lightly, Sir. Do what works for you best. I have a woman, YOU have my sympathy. Good luck.

I am scared for you good sir.

My Ranger had to go a couple years ago in favour of a Toyota 4runner that the wife wanted, just saying. I actually like it though, manual and the offroad capability in stock form can't really be beat. The Taurus stays unless I say otherwise though and she accepts that.

• Like 1

Considering I've payed for every red cent of everything with wheels on it I thought it would be a more collaborative decision. I've also been the sole financial supporter of our family for 3 years.

Nope, has to be pretty.

I love her though.

Putting love aside, it's your vehicle that has to be replaced, one that you paid for. If she wants an SUV let her buy one on her own. Even if she currently drives it more, you may not always have a work truck. And who will pay for the upkeep of an SUV? Marriage is about compromise. If you can't compromise on a vehicle, what about the rest of the big life issues that are going to come up ?

I don't understand women. Never have. I guess this is why my best friends are men !

And that's my two cents worth on the topic ! Good luck.

I don't understand her. Most other women I can begin to fathom.

She likes the newer Saab 9-3 aka WRX. The hell? The only issue I have is that it's smaller and she can't drive a manual.

Oh, a Saab? You mean the car you buy just to drive to the shop to get it fixed then back home?

Edited by breeves002

Older ones maybe. The Saabaru and the newer GMs aren't bad.

I won't buy one regardless.

They "aren't bad", but you won't buy one haha! I'll buy Cadillac, thats the only GM I will buy. Subaru I dislike. Here's why: the old ones were unique and cool. The new ones are the same as everything else.

I have to work on it. I'd rather something less convoluted.

Well the 4 cylinder nissans are easy to work on. My moms has so much room. Alternator looks super easy to take out, same with water pump. I think the air box is harder to remove than the alternator on her car! It sits behind the computer and the battery.

Well GM won't give you much space to work either.... Pretty much anything with more than 4 cylinders you don't get much work room!

Space isn't a concern. I've done an alternator on the SHO in about 2 hours the first time.

I'm talking asinine designs. I'm pushing heavily on a 3.8 powered GM this time around.

Though she just told me she really like the Volvo 850R. I don't even know her anymore. She throws curve balls at me like that.

If you can find an 850R mode Volvo in good shape, go for it. Hint: it uses the same wheel size as the Taurus (5 by 108 mm). The turbo gives it plenty of zip, although I recommend highly that you choose the manual transmission version as the automatic surprises some because of the turbo lag. The manual version is just plain fun. Put some Plus One or Two tire/wheel combinations and enjoy (keep the OEM for when you sell.) Then those tire/rims can be installed on any Generation 2, 3, 4 and 4.5 cars or you can sell them here.

Wow, an 850R? Sorry I hate everything volvo. I haven't seen many 850R's around. Had so many friends with messed up volvos.

What a blanket statement on Volvos. Everyone has a few rotten eggs...some moreso than others.

Those 90s box wagons in R fashion? Now we're cookin' with oil!

I look at cars all day long, an LKQ rear door assembly and 1/4 panel, and that gem is back on the road... Although I would check out the rear suspension as well...