DLC360

Candy & Lil Red's Adopted Sister.

Well, as you all know acouple months ago Candy adopted a little sister from Germany, Lil Red.

DSCN2193.jpg

Well my wife and I are such nice people that we wantedto adopt another big sister for the girls. Now some of you know that my wife had a 2003 Mustang v6 coupe. This was her baby for quite some time, but that was the big problem, she babied her tooooo much. She only has 39600 miles on her. Well, lately my wife has been talking about traiding her baby in and getting something differant. So today we went out and started looking for a replacement for the pony. She has been talking about getting a luxury car, but something sporty also. I would have NEVER exspected to come home with this newest addition to the family, but here she is. She doesnt have a name as of yet, since we dont know her personality, but that will come soon I am sure.

2003 Mercedes Benz clk430 Cabriolet

AMG appearance package (AMG trim with 17x7.5 F & 17x8.5 R wheels, side skirts and F&R bumper covers)

Black leather interior

67000 miles

4.3 L / 275hp aluminum V8, 5 speed auto

BOSE 7 speaker premium stereo AM/FM 6 CD system

And so much more that we still dont know everything.......

DSCN2208.jpg

DSCN2209.jpg

DSCN2210.jpg

DSCN2211.jpg

DSCN2213.jpg

DSCN2212.jpg

DSCN2214.jpg

Looks like something that could stomp a Mustang. ;)

That motor is spotless. I hope she lasts! With the way the wife babies her cars I'm sure she will!

That motor is spotless. I hope she lasts! With the way the wife babies her cars I'm sure she will!

Oh yea, she only drove the mustang about 1500 miles a year average. She does take good care of her baby. I still dont get the garage in the winter, but Ican understand with the soft top, I wouldnt want that covered with ice. One advantage though, I can see this one getting some more run time when we go places togeather.

Javohl... javohl... javohl! :D

I likey, Dennis. Find yourself some Oktoberfest-themed fun with that sexy Teutonic convertible.

Got to drive an E320...imangine that 4.3 will scoot.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did she set you back (throw in the stang trade in too?).

If you don't mind me asking, how much did she set you back (throw in the stang trade in too?).

I dont mind at all. The dealer was asking $14,990. We got $5k for the mustang, (KBB trade value is $5700). Through dealing with them, we got the new car down to $13,900, a new set of 4 tires installed, a 4 wheel alignment and a tank full of gas. Were taking her in this morning for the tires & alignment.

The really odd part about this, is that the insurance for the CLK430 is cheaper than the mustang by almost $40 for 6 months. Who would have thought a V8 convertable Benz would be cheaper than a V6 mustang coupe (both 2003 models) for full coverage insurance...... :icon_eek:

• Like 2

Because the Benz isn't driven by the average Mustang owner, as far as insurance carriers are concerned... :P

Nice! I've always had a thing for Mercedes.

^

+1 on brian!

That is weird because the CLK is a V8, coupe, and soft top convertible. . . I am surprised it doesn't cost more but it makes sense.

Oh, what color was the stang?

Edited by breeves002

^

+1 on brian!

That is weird because the CLK is a V8, coupe, and soft top convertible. . . I am surprised it doesn't cost more but it makes sense.

Oh, what color was the stang?

Oh yea, I agree with Brian that you dont see the mercedes racing all around town and wrecked like the mustangs. Its just that the window sticker for that car shows list as $59,370, alot more than the average mustang.

Here is a pic of the wifes mustang.

425N0562.jpg

Dennis, the resale value for a lot of German cars drops considerably after the warranty is up. ;) Care to hazard a guess why?

I dont mind at all. The dealer was asking $14,990. We got $5k for the mustang, (KBB trade value is $5700). Through dealing with them, we got the new car down to $13,900, a new set of 4 tires installed, a 4 wheel alignment and a tank full of gas. Were taking her in this morning for the tires & alignment.

The really odd part about this, is that the insurance for the CLK430 is cheaper than the mustang by almost $40 for 6 months. Who would have thought a V8 convertable Benz would be cheaper than a V6 mustang coupe (both 2003 models) for full coverage insurance...... :icon_eek:

My Lin Cont is cheaper than either of my Sables.

Likely had to do with stolen, and wrecks.

Some cars are favorites to steal.

Some cars are NOT.

No body steals old farts Lins.

-chart-

Dennis, the resale value for a lot of German cars drops considerably after the warranty is up. ;) Care to hazard a guess why?

I totally agree with you on that Brian. Most people that buy these cars are older or yuppie types that wouldnt know what end of a screw driver to use. I have even learned alot with Lil Red. If you take the car to the dealer, empty your bank book to fix something simple. If you dont look around for repair parts its the same thing. A little shoppiong around will save you alot of money with these cars. The thing I miss, is an afternoon inthe junk yard & getting half a car for $100.......... LOL

That's the problem with rare or expensive cars... usually pretty hard to find at a JY! Or newer cars. That is why I love my car, like 20 1996-2004 tauruses/sables there, more every week!

Now don't you wish they put an AMG motor in there.....

Edited by breeves002

That's the problem with rare or expensive cars... usually pretty hard to find at a JY! Or newer cars. That is why I love my car, like 20 1996-2004 tauruses/sables there, more every week!

Now don't you wish they put an AMG motor in there.....

OH would I love to see the AMG motor under the hood..... :drive: Yea, I had more fun looking for parts for the wagon, spending days walking through the JY's and mixing and matching parts from all the taurus there.

The mercedes is going to stay pretty much stock since its the wifes car. I thought about polishing the headlights, but I found a mercedes version of our centenial lights, those will look good on it.

Now, once I get all the little bugs worked out of Lil Red, then I have some ideas for dressing her up, along with some more bling for Candy in the future.

I think swapping in an AMG engine is in order. The wife needs to go faster! Not like a 4.3 weird-o V8 isn't fast enough!

What bugs are we talking about in Lil' Red?

I think swapping in an AMG engine is in order. The wife needs to go faster! Not like a 4.3 weird-o V8 isn't fast enough!

What bugs are we talking about in Lil' Red?

The standard 924 / 944 electrical gremlins are playing hide & seek with me right now. The clutch work is complete & she runs great now. Its just that I have low voltage / grounding issues that I have to track down. One ground wire, when I was checking it the insulation just fell off and the wire inside was a nice shade of green. Its just taking me some time right now since were really busy at work for the next couple weeks. But soon ill have Lil Red dunning like she should.