breeves002

What Is The Fastest You Have Driven?

140+ in the 95, 130+ in my old SC.

Miles and miles of straight flat roads in the countryside of Mississippi. :)

118 (governor) in a 2006 focus. NJ Turnpike between exit 5 and 6 (PA Extension) NJ Turnpike exits are sequental tho, so it was not 118 for a mile, it took a while to get up there

112 In a Vucan, 125 in a 94' SHO and 90 in a Fit Sport. I know that little Honda can do about 120 but I dont want to abuse brand new car...

Hahaha. It's best to abuse em' while they are in warranty!

I got to 105 in the gf's kia soul 1.6l apparently it's limited at 116. Took about FOREVER to get to 105.

Hahaha. It's best to abuse em' while they are in warranty!

I got to 105 in the gf's kia soul 1.6l apparently it's limited at 116. Took about FOREVER to get to 105.

Uhhmmm no.

But I do have an extended warranty until 100K miles...

Edited by OmmEGGA

Haha, the kia came with a 100k mile warranty from the factory.

Sure buddy...

100K mile warranty for powertrain only... any modern engine/trans. should make it to 100K without major issues, specially Hondas... As far as HondaCare I bought for the Fit, it covers pretty much everything, paid $975... it can also be transferred if I ever decide to sell the car before the warranty is up.

Edited by OmmEGGA

When I first bought my SHO, I was on a 60mph limit road behind somebody doing 50. It was a multi-lane, but my exit was coming up so I couldn't decide if it was worth it to pass. I finally got sick of waiting and punched it around the guy. When I came back into the lane, I looked back at the speedo and was going 100. Couldn't feel it. In Ontario, if a cop caught me it's immediate license suspension, impounded car, and $10k (CND) fine.

My speed limiter is SCT-removed, so I'm curious where it'll top out at in OD. The problem is I don't have the balls/lack of sense to try it on public roads, and I don't think there's a long enough private one nearby.

I remember my old '97 vulcan sable would feel like it was about to shake apart at 70mph, and 75 would feel like an earthquake.

According to the GPS I had borrowed from work at the time, I was going 165 just past Roselle Rd on I-90 WB. I probably duplicated this feat on the Elgin - O'Hare expressway, though that is unable to be verified.

Fastest speed in a car would be at the Petty driving experience at Daytona, which was roughly 180 mph.

I really want to do the indycar experience at Indianapolis next.

According to the GPS I had borrowed from work at the time, I was going 165 just past Roselle Rd on I-90 WB. I probably duplicated this feat on the Elgin - O'Hare expressway, though that is unable to be verified.

Fastest speed in a car would be at the Petty driving experience at Daytona, which was roughly 180 mph.

I really want to do the indycar experience at Indianapolis next.

What car was the 165mph in?

Apparently my 75 year old grandma had gone 105 in her 01' cadillac deville according to her GPS... She denied it when I asked her! However she one time was driving with me in my moms minivan pushing 95 without realizing it... The whole van kinda started to shake.

Edited by breeves002