What Have You Done With Your Home Stereo

DENON,SONY, BOSE,DEFINITIVE AUDIO EQUIPTMENT 1978-1993

STANTON CARTRIDGE/NEEDLE DO WE HAVE ANY OLD AUDIO PILES HERE OR VINYL HEADS

THAT LOVE TRUE SOUND

AMP IS A ALUMINUM BODY SONY.. WATTS 100 X2- 2SEPRATE AMPS 100 EACH... VERY HEAVY MADE ONLY 3 YEARS SOLD ONLY IN GERMANY

TURNTABLE IS A DENON DP-23F

SUBWOFFER IS A SONY 100 WATT POWERERD UNIT

HERE ARE A FEW CRAPPY PICTURES ..SOUNDS AWESOME

HAD TO START ALL OVER BECAUSE OF DIVORCE AND BOUGHT ALL THIS OFF EBAY WITHIN A PERIOD OF A YEAR

D3.jpg

denon.jpg

denon2.jpg

Edited by Godfather

Here's mine:

Front-Bose 701's Circa 1985(Refoamed-by me)

Rear-Bose 301's Circa 2000

Center-Polk Audio

Velodyne Sub

Yamaha networked multiroom receiver

HTPC w/3 TB HD's, Blu-ray drive

Phillips DVD Recorder

Dish Network Vip722 HD DVR

Sony 1080p projector w/92" screen

Whole house distribution system

Harmony remotes

Lighting controller

APC UPS

I have a linear tracking Technics turntable, and some vinyl. Haven't used in a while.

Here's mine:

Center-Polk Audio

Velodyne Sub

Phillips DVD Recorder

Harmony remotes

Lighting controller

APC UPS

I have a linear tracking Technics turntable, and some vinyl. Haven't used in a while.

SOUNDS GOOD MIGHT WANT TO HEAR THE TECHNICS AGAIN IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CARTRIDGE CAUSE

CD'S DONT FEEL AS WARM AND NATURAL.. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A GREAT SYSTEM :notworthy:

Here's mine:

Center-Polk Audio

Velodyne Sub

Phillips DVD Recorder

Harmony remotes

Lighting controller

APC UPS

I AM RUNNING A 2 CHANNEL AMP HAD A 5 CHANNEL NO COMPARISON TO TRUE STEREO AMP

NOT KNOCKING YOUR EQUIPMENT BUT IT'S TRUE FACTS BROTHER

Edited by Godfather

Got a Pioneer VSX-9900S Flagship model receiver

Currently have a mix of speakers, 3 PolkAudio Bookshelf speakers, fronts and center, then Bose for sides and rears (7 total)

Speakers render bass well enough I took the optional huge subwoofer out

Kenwood KD-2070 Turn table with an Oyster cartrige/stylus

Pioneer CT-W601R Dual Casette Deck - Need to take this apart and figure out why 1 deck is slow. Probably gunked up grease or bad belts.

Comcast/Motorola DCT6208 HDDVR cable box

TiVo Premiere XL

Playstation 3 for Blu-Ray

50 Inch LG Plasma

And inputs into my computers for amazing sound - An all analog sound system :wub:

P7260283.jpg

(Cleaned up, this was when I first got the turn table and tested it, actually rebuilt my entire entertainment center so it looks much more organized.)

P7260279.jpg

Love this reciever, out of all the sound systems I've heard in customer's houses, I feel mine has a rich clean sound to it.

Got a Pioneer VSX-9900S Flagship model receiver

Currently have a mix of speakers, 3 PolkAudio Bookshelf speakers, fronts and center, then Bose for sides and rears (7 total)

Speakers render bass well enough I took the optional huge subwoofer out

Kenwood KD-2070 Turn table with an Oyster cartrige/stylus

Pioneer CT-W601R Dual Casette Deck - Need to take this apart and figure out why 1 deck is slow. Probably gunked up grease or bad belts.

Comcast/Motorola DCT6208 HDDVR cable box

TiVo Premiere XL

Playstation 3 for Blu-Ray

50 Inch LG Plasma

And inputs into my computers for amazing sound - An all analog sound system :wub:

P7260283.jpg

(Cleaned up, this was when I first got the turn table and tested it, actually rebuilt my entire entertainment center so it looks much more organized.)

P7260279.jpg

Love this reciever, out of all the sound systems I've heard in customer's houses, I feel mine has a rich clean sound to it.

IM SURE IT SOUNDS GREAT BROTHER AND IM AN OLD AUDIO PILE FREAK.. BUT WHAT YOU HAVE WOULD SOUND MUCH BETTER

WITH A TWO CHANNEL AMP FROM THE LATE 80'S EARLY 70'S ...THE SOUND WOULD BLOW YOUR MIND.. AN UPGRADE ON YOUR CARTRIDGE WON'T HURT EITHER IF YOUR REALLY INTO VINYL ...BELIEVE ME I BEEN THERE.. :notworthy:

I AM RUNNING A 2 CHANNEL AMP HAD A 5 CHANNEL NO COMPARISON TO TRUE STEREO AMP

NOT KNOCKING YOUR EQUIPMENT BUT IT'S TRUE FACTS BROTHER

You are correct, but the high current amp in the Yamaha is fairly good. I actually still have my first stereo receiver-a mid 80's top of the line Pioneer with non-switching Class AB amps and huge toroidal transformer. I last used it a few years ago when my previous receiver died. It sounded very good.

You are correct, but the high current amp in the Yamaha is fairly good. I actually still have my first stereo receiver-a mid 80's top of the line Pioneer with non-switching Class AB amps and huge toroidal transformer. I last used it a few years ago when my previous receiver died. It sounded very good.

THAT IS ANOTHER KICK ASS AMP/ RECIEVER IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT.. IS THAT THE 50 WATT PER CHAN OR 100 WATT PER CHAN AMP/ RECIEVER

YOU CAN TAKE A OLD SCHOOL 25X2 WATT RECIEVER AND SOUND BETTER THAN A 200 WATT SURROUND SOUND AMP BY FAR...

LOOK ON EBAY AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF WHAT OLD SCHOOL GOES FOR ,MARANTZ,SANSUI,ROTEL,NAD...ETC...

THAT IS ANOTHER KICK ASS AMP/ RECIEVER IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT.. IS THAT THE 50 WATT PER CHAN OR 100 WATT PER CHAN AMP/ RECIEVER

It's 125 Watt/Ch at something like 0.0008 THD. I mowed many lawns to buy it.

http://www.google.co...9QEwBA&dur=3297

Edited by 2000_Gold_Taurus

Why you yelling at us? :ohnoes:

When I want true analog sound, I go put my albums on my old Magnavox.

IMG_0364.jpg

Tube powered, rebuild turntable, with factory NOS cartridge. Sounds amazing. But the Pioneer with it's current setup is good.

Some company actually recommended the Oyster to me, I rebuilt the Kenwood... That was actually a garbage pick. The audio leads were broken. I just ran new RCA cables/Ground.

I am happy with my current setup :)

As a side note to this, my recent efforts on my system have been in the area of convenience. The ability to pull up a movie or music of my choice in (almost) any room of my home is handy in my book.

Why you yelling at us? :ohnoes:

When I want true analog sound, I go put my albums on my old Magnavox.

IMG_0364.jpg

Tube powered, rebuild turntable, with factory NOS cartridge. Sounds amazing. But the Pioneer with it's current setup is good.

Some company actually recommended the Oyster to me, I rebuilt the Kenwood... That was actually a garbage pick. The audio leads were broken. I just ran new RCA cables/Ground.

I am happy with my current setup :)

That is a nice old piece you have there would love to hear that one .. them old console units where always

relaxing to listen to

My dad has an old NAD stereo in their basement somewhere. I remember it would crackle and buzz for a minute until it warmed up, sounded really good though.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

My dad has an old NAD stereo in their basement somewhere. I remember it would crackle and buzz for a minute until it warmed up, sounded really good though.

Might want to see if he will part with it if it's made in japan, taiwan.. The newer ones not as good are made in china,mexico, etc.

Might want to see if he will part with it if it's made in japan, taiwan.. The newer ones not as good are made in china,mexico, etc.

It from the 80's or late 70's I think. He had some home made speakers as well that I have I the shed atm.