New Taurus-Based Police Interceptor- Seen On The News

One of our local outlets here in Chicagoland ran a recent piece about the new Ford Police Interceptors, including an Autocross-like testing environment that Ford set up in the public parking lot at U.S. Cellular Field (home of the Chicago White Sox- formerly known as Comiskey Park). Ford has thousands of standing orders for the PI Sedan and Utility, including some big long-term procurement deals from departments like Chicago PD and the California Highway Patrol. happy.gif

Link to WGN News

cool.gif

And an additional article on the subject from the Chicago Tribune.

Detroit Lakes/Becker county has had one for a little while now... 3 brand new chargers are on their way to the highways:

squadjpeg.jpg

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

I'm seeing more and more Regional Bullcops round here. Hope one doesn't pull me over :lol:

There was an article on Jalopnik yesterday about the Michigan State Patrol's recent testing of all the police cars and the Ecoboosted PI "blew the doors" off the competition in the performance numbers. And that was Jalopnik's word choice!

The Bolingbrook, Illinois Police Department just took delivery of their first new 2013 Interceptor. cool.gif The Village of Bolingbrook is located not far from the Chicago Assembly plant at 128th Street and Torrence Avenue, by the way.

04d8f6efb6766f9b00ed97e0b3f431a7.jpg

It's so... Beautiful. :wub:

unsure.gif

I didn't want to laugh at that, but I totally did. blush.gif See what happened? Michael Jackson is gone, but now kids will have someone else to be afraid of.

The universe maintaining equilibrium...? ph34r.gif

The Bolingbrook, Illinois Police Department just took delivery of their first new 2013 Interceptor. cool.gif The Village of Bolingbrook is located not far from the Chicago Assembly plant at 128th Street and Torrence Avenue, by the way.

04d8f6efb6766f9b00ed97e0b3f431a7.jpg

It's so... Beautiful. :wub:

The first one is # 800?

:)

look at the tiny exhaust pipes :wacko:

That is fine if they are TWO of them.

Car fast enough to catch that old coot in the pic.

-chart-

Or they could add some "falsies".

Edited by -chart-
  • 2 months later...

8f75fcb67119dfa1ba1d1e80a4946375.jpg

The Chicago Police Department has new Interceptors in service! :WOOT:

Slideshow of 2013 PI photos taken at the Chicago Assembly Plant: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Ford-Interceptor-Police-Vehicles-184127981.html

b2c6acb5a03c2fab55cc0880ceb0812c.jpg

Several subdivisions here in St. Louis have them. Richmond Heights has 2 Ecoboost ones, Maplewood has 4, I think Shrewsbury is going to get 6 in the next year or two to replace their aging crown vic population... My subdivision (Webster Groves) has mostly Impalas, 2 90's jeeps, and 1 trail blazer. Where my apartment is (Normandy/bel-nor), they have brand new and old chargers mostly.

I've seen more on the road as well for other sub-devisions. Most people had replaced their crown vic's with chargers around here, but now they are bringing the Taurus on the police force.

8012984561_e34823f51d_z.jpg

You can see in the back they got an Ute as well.

Edited by breeves002

Woohoo, my town's police department is starting to phase out their current fleet of Impala 9C1 sedans in favor of the Ford PI Utility...

53bcd3abf4f979275f54fb69b2379dff.jpg

Whomever is first should get a little cop's badge award for their profile from an Admin. :ph34r: Put it next to the blood drop and Tux the penguin...

• Like 1

GB has got me worried, they still only have 1 Interceptor, but have added a few chargers making me think they could go from all crown vics to charger pursits. I mean come on guys RWD in a northern state, haven't the officers figured out that it sucks after dozens of years with the C vics.