rknight

Goodbye ..its Been Fun

My car died, blew a rod on my way to school. ive called some recyclers to see how much ill get for it, im not mad just disappointed, but my familys always had bad luck with Fords and i thought i might be diffenit....but no dice!

It's been a blast here! I may come back if you dont mind a mopar car at a taurus meet.

Sorry to hear that, man, that's too bad. But please, feel free to stick around! We don't mind a Mopar thrown in here and there, hell, our club Pres has one! :lol:

Ewww, don't get a Mopar. It's okay to go to the General Motors pool if you're going to go anywhere, but not Mopar :lol:

Anyway, that sucks to hear man. I had pretty s**tty luck with my Taurus toward the end, I blame Ford on cheapening everything on the Taurus before they killed the Gen4. However, I'm quite happy in my T-Bird and my Focus.

I am sorry to hear that. But aren't you an autotech student? Fix her up haha!!!

Good luck with what you plan to go with for a next car, and yes, please stick around!

Another one?! FFS. :(

• Like 1

Should I start fearing for my cars life at this point?

All jokes aside it sucks to have something like that happen, good luck with your next endeavor!

At least it wasn't a wreck.

That suck's dudesad.gif. Whoa wait... wasn't that 3 gold Taurii in a row taken downhuh.gif

That's rough news. Though it makes me wonder what will happen to this forum once all of us move past our cars. Most of us own gen 4's and they will only last so long. I don't see that many of us buying another taurus.

That suck's dudesad.gif. Whoa wait... wasn't that 3 gold Taurii in a row taken downhuh.gif

Mine's starting to gather falling leaves from the tree it's under. Looks abandoned. Sadly, it is.

Sorry to hear that that sucks!!!

We have a Jeep Cherokee with 180k plus, a Dodge Dakota with 150k plus miles, a diesel Dodge Ram with over 300k miles in the family, all original engines and transmissions. Choose wisely on the next vehicle. Lol my Taurus has 105k plus miles all original. One Word of advice, perform all maint by time and mileage ....coolant, oil, transaxles fluid, as well as suspension and engine accessories. My bull gets Mobil one changed religiously, as well as trans service every 25k miles.

But as we all know, even with meticulous maint, good ole mr Murphy has a way of getting us all at one point or another!wink.gif

Good luck with your next ride and don't be a stranger we will still accept you.

I may come back if you dont mind a mopar car at a taurus meet.

They're all used to it.

me.jpg

ph34r.gif

• Like 1

Yes. Stay.

No need to leave. The Tortoises bring us together but something else keeps us there.

Don't leave, fix it. Vulcans can be had pretty cheap at most boneyards, even FFV trim.

That suck's dude :(. Whoa wait... wasn't that 3 gold Taurii in a row taken downhuh.gif

yea man, I don't understand how it happen when i've performed all maint by time and mileage, and it still crapped out on me, I'm just glad it happen before I got on the freeway.

1349307138[/url]' post='54916']

I am sorry to hear that. But aren't you an autotech student? Fix her up haha!!!

Yes, fix it at school! happy.gif

1349312945[/url]' post='54937']

They're all used to it.

me.jpg

ph34r.gif

The operative word here is 'tolerate'. tongue.gif We tolerate the Cali's presence at meets. Can't you tell that Rex has that "um, awk-ward!" expression in the photo above?

1349315915[/url]' post='54958']

Don't leave, fix it. Vulcans can be had pretty cheap at most boneyards, even FFV trim.

^^ What he said.

• Like 1

yea man, I don't understand how it happen when i've performed all maint by time and mileage, and it still crapped out on me, I'm just glad it happen before I got on the freeway.

Sometimes things just happen, with no reason or warning. Just a risk of car ownership. It sucks, but what're ya gonna do...

I'm with the other guys. Rebuild!

. Can't you tell that Rex has that "um, awk-ward!" expression in the photo above?

Holy crap, Rex totally DOES have that expression! :rofl2:

I was thinking about a rebuild,

I towed it to campus this early morning, head and intake gaskets are shot and if that isn't bad efif, the linkage to the Tanny is toast..a rebuild would be a waste of time & $$$

but on the upside school is going to give me $550 for it.

I'm looking at picking up a Dodge Dart, or Charger or a Chrysler 200 sometime next month...now there be 2 Mopar cars at next Taurus meets in the spring :lol:

I have no idea why they brought back the Dart......the only memories I have are the ones of Al Bundy and family pushing theirs most of the way back home....ALL OF THE TIME. lol The stories I've heard seem to tell that the original darts weren't that hot either, but I didn't live in that era so I may be out of line in that assessment. I would go for the 300 if it were me and I was looking into Chrysler stuff and a payment, but that's just my opinion. Personally in our unstable economic times I might choose something to buy for cash. My last car I paid 6000.00 for...a one owner, fully loaded(I'm talking all the goodies) slightly over 100K mile Toyota Avalon XLS. With some maintenance and suspension parts and a soon to be front end rebuild...it's basically a new luxury(ish) car for way less than I could have bought a(cheap bare bones) new car for. I'm not being all it's the end of the world or anything....just saying. I've been in a position where I don't know if I'll have the money to make the payment next month before. I always made it, but you get kind of down when all your money is gone and you can't do anything, but sit at home because you're broke. I'm sure most everyone has been there at some point too.... Good luck in whatever you choose.

Jeff

At least yours didn't end up like a co-worker of mine's gold one did this morning -- backward into the catch fence on the interstate.

I have no idea why they brought back the Dart......the only memories I have are the ones of Al Bundy and family pushing theirs most of the way back home....ALL OF THE TIME. lol The stories I've heard seem to tell that the original darts weren't that hot either, but I didn't live in that era so I may be out of line in that assessment.

It's just the name. dunno.gif The cars aren't related at all, obviously.

But it's a lineage that I'd think they would've wanted to leave behind them. People still remember the original...lol

Jeff

That is much more than I thought you'd get. Why does the school want it? Just curious.

And just be weary, because the Dart is new, all the kinks may not be worked out yet.

They build the Darts (and Jeep Compass, formerly the Caliber too) at the Belvidere, IL Assembly plant- about 40 miles west of my front door. happy.gif That factory has always had some top notch workers and line equipment, so I don't doubt that the Dart is a solid vehicle already- brand-new or not.