What A Stupid Looking Car

Why do cars continue to look worse and worse?

http://www.autoblog....che-from-24-95/

Seriously GM? That looks like a disposable junk Chinese car that got squashed in a trash compactor and dropped as a child by its mother the Enclave. Cruel, yes. But why is GM trying to pawn these worthless garbage looking vehicles on the American public. C'mon GM.

http://www.autoblog....ple-werent-exa/

If you thought the original CrossTour was bad...don't worry, Honda continues to down the path either in a drunken stupor or just complete blindness. Are they looking at what they are designing? The 1st Gen looked bad and had no real definition. This 2nd Gen is no better. What the heck happened Honda?

Personally, I hate the evolution of Buick, particularly the SUV/crossovers. They (GM) started with the Aztec and went down hill from there.

Seriously GM? That looks like a disposable junk Chinese car that got squashed in a trash compactor and dropped as a child by its mother the Enclave. Cruel, yes. But why is GM trying to pawn these worthless garbage looking vehicles on the American public. C'mon GM.

If you thought the original CrossTour was bad...don't worry, Honda continues to down the path either in a drunken stupor or just complete blindness. Are they looking at what they are designing? The 1st Gen looked bad and had no real definition. This 2nd Gen is no better. What the heck happened Honda?

OK I did not understand your 'trash compactor' comment until I went to the site.

Yep, made it taller and shorter. Double Ugly.

Put 120 miles on the Lin today and I not only like it, it looks nice.:wub:

They can keep all this new 'style' stuff for my stable.

But then I am an OLD COOT!

-chart-

But then I am an OLD COOT!

-chart-

Then I must be an old coot going on 26. No offense but how about we leave the euro-trash where it belongs? I do not like European styling in the least. Their cars are small, ugly, and just not safe compared to our larger vehicles. I will keep my full size Taurus thanks.

• Like 1

that Buick looks loke a bloated, GM version of the Audi i drive on my game... hehe mine sees over 200mph though.

and the GM... :facepalm:

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

Man, I like GM, but I hate the new Buick. I want a real Buick. Like a Roadmaster, or a Park Avenue. And I want Dynaride suspension. I test drove a Buick Regal... What a piece of s**t! Didn't look attractive either on the inside.

But, the Chinese love em :ph34r:

I'm with ya, Nick. I haven't seen a car released in the last 5 years that I like, with the exception to the upcoming Impala. That thing is :tits:

But that high-heeled monstrosity does NOT look good. Why would they do that? Why couldn't they keep some style.

For example: Here is some hot sex on buttered toast:

4061005455_de9c160025_z.jpg

Now that's a Buick, and it looks great. You can keep your toaster car, GM. Good luck with the sales (all 4 of them)

Man, I like GM, but I hate the new Buick. I want a real Buick. Like a Roadmaster, or a Park Avenue. And I want Dynaride suspension. I test drove a Buick Regal... What a piece of s**t! Didn't look attractive either on the inside.

See? SEE? This is why I'm glad Olds was dropped when it was. If they still had it, it would look just like these toaster-shaped Buicks. :angry:

I'm with ya, Nick. I haven't seen a car released in the last 5 years that I like, with the exception to the upcoming Impala. That thing is :tits:

But that high-heeled monstrosity does NOT look good. Why would they do that? Why couldn't they keep some style.

For example: Here is some hot sex on buttered toast:

4061005455_de9c160025_z.jpg

Now that's a Buick, and it looks great. You can keep your toaster car, GM. Good luck with the sales (all 4 of them)

See? SEE? This is why I'm glad Olds was dropped when it was. If they still had it, it would look just like these toaster-shaped Buicks. :angry:

I see your sex on buttered toast and raise you sex on the beach:

87+GN+6.jpg

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not impressed with any new cars these days. Nothing is original, we're all just copying someone else's garbage and sticking a different brand logo on it.

Why does every car have to look like an "import?"

Why does every car have to look "sporty"?

Why does every car have to look the same?

Because everyone thinks small imports are good for the environment.

Because everyone thinks their 83hp hatchback is fast.

Because everyone uses tracing paper to design cars nowadays.

• Like 2

As to GM, I traveled for 18 years starting in 1980 and rented many cars, sometimes as many as 3 in one week. Company used Avis and they were mostly GM.

Seems like each one has the controls in a different and somtimes wierd location. So, I get in a GM raining and dark and try to find the light switch. Bummer.

Lumina had the worst seat I ever sat in. Corolla the worst heat controls. They painted the wavey lines on the buttons and it pealed off leaving no clue as what they did.

They could not even get a truck right. Drove U-Haul 24' GMC 3 days. Ran fine. Radio controls just out of reach, and tiny buttons so had to lean way over to try to key the little dudes. They also put the odometer down low on the column so had to lean forward so my head touched the wheel to see it.

This is not brain surgery.

Taurus had the best seat on the market when they came out in '86. Out employer got a fleet and they were for day trip use. First time I sat in a comfortable seat and I was sold. All the controls seemed to be in the right place.

Never rented a Taurus, but did have a T-Bird, LTD both large and mid size. Seats OK but not quite as good as Taurus.

As for me, when I fly 2 legs, then drive a rental 300 miles, my but gets really sore with a bad seat.

Been retired from that rat race for 14 years and now I drive my own Sables and Lin Cont. Good seats.

-chart-

GM is keeping it original by coming out with a car that looks exactly same as every other car in its segment including the new ford escape, yes I like it but the more I look at it the more I think it looks like a kia.

As for that honda piece of crap, I doubt it will do any better, Every time I see one of those things I get the urge to rear end it and send it away forever.

IIRC, Sean was briefly trapped inside of a Crosstour at the NAIAS a couple of years ago because the power locks were apparently malfunctioning. On a newly produced car. dry.gif

Honestly, I'm not impressed with any new cars these days. Nothing is original, we're all just copying someone else's garbage and sticking a different brand logo on it.

Why does every car have to look like an "import?"

Why does every car have to look "sporty"?

Why does every car have to look the same?

Because everyone thinks small imports are good for the environment.

Because everyone thinks their 83hp hatchback is fast.

Because everyone uses tracing paper to design cars nowadays.

I'm not to particular on today's automotive designs. Everything is looking the same, and people wonder why I love older vehicles.

Alex

The car companies have been copying each other since we have been making cars. When I have been at a couple car museums they show comparisons of cars in the 30's and 40's and ALL of the cars look the same across the brands. This is nothing new.

If a car company goes too far out of the norm it can be a huge success or a huge flop.

The car companies have been copying each other since we have been making cars. When I have been at a couple car museums they show comparisons of cars in the 30's and 40's and ALL of the cars look the same across the brands. This is nothing new.

If a car company goes too far out of the norm it can be a huge success or a huge flop.

To name examples in Ford success.

Mustang

Thunderbird

Taurus

When these came out, they did not look anything like any other vehicle on the market.

-chart-

What do you think about.....

My link

As to GM, I traveled for 18 years starting in 1980 and rented many cars, sometimes as many as 3 in one week. Company used Avis and they were mostly GM.

Seems like each one has the controls in a different and somtimes wierd location. So, I get in a GM raining and dark and try to find the light switch. Bummer.

Lumina had the worst seat I ever sat in. Corolla the worst heat controls. They painted the wavey lines on the buttons and it pealed off leaving no clue as what they did.

They could not even get a truck right. Drove U-Haul 24' GMC 3 days. Ran fine. Radio controls just out of reach, and tiny buttons so had to lean way over to try to key the little dudes. They also put the odometer down low on the column so had to lean forward so my head touched the wheel to see it.

This is not brain surgery.

Taurus had the best seat on the market when they came out in '86. Out employer got a fleet and they were for day trip use. First time I sat in a comfortable seat and I was sold. All the controls seemed to be in the right place.

Never rented a Taurus, but did have a T-Bird, LTD both large and mid size. Seats OK but not quite as good as Taurus.

As for me, when I fly 2 legs, then drive a rental 300 miles, my but gets really sore with a bad seat.

Been retired from that rat race for 14 years and now I drive my own Sables and Lin Cont. Good seats.

-chart-

Weird, 80's and 90's GM's were pretty straight forward. Wipers are on the same MFS the Taurus/Lincoln Conti has, at least, every early GM I've driven has been that way. Lights were always pretty clearly marked too to the left of the instrument cluster.

Generally though when I get into a car I've never driven, I always take time to familiarize myself with all the controls and features. My old Savana was a nicely built van, except it was power nothing, and so primitive. It did have its flaws for a 10 year old work truck that has been heavily beaten on. The GMC I had drove like absolute s**t, but when I drove an even older Chevy Express 3500, that was pretty well maintained, it drove like a champ! Nice to know how a vehicle should drive. It even drove much better than the 07 Econoline! The steering wheel is awkward in the Ford vans. If we had a GMC/Chevy with keyless entry, and power windows, I'd rather have that than my E-250.

I will agree with you kev, the GM express/savanna vans are really nice. It was (I'll say was since I am not working any more due to school", our surveying van at work. A 2500 regular wheel base probably a 04-06ish, (#34 in the fleet) It's plain jane, power nothing, all glass sides, gutted interior, it is perfect for the application since it gets so dirty anyway and just hauls equipment. It had close to 50k miles if not more, which is pretty high for a city vehicle, since they never see the open road during their 10 year municipal life. The few times I drove it I was impressed, tons of power from what I am guessing to be a 5.3L or maybe 6.0L, drove straight as an arrow, and has an excellent working application interior. The passenger leg room also impressed me since in the E series the passenger foot well is kinda cramped. The fact that this van ran as good as it did from 5-8 years of work abuse is enough to sell me.

But come on you guys, have any of you actually SEEN and Encore in person yet? I mean you can't judge it all from pictures. Once you see one in person, you'll admit it's much, much worse than you expected. For example, those dumb little inlets under the headlights? Just pieces of plastic! Like little delete plates for nothing that was even there to delete! The new Enclave looks promising though. Like a gigantic Regal!

IIRC, Sean was briefly trapped inside of a Crosstour at the NAIAS a couple of years ago because the power locks were apparently malfunctioning. On a newly produced car. dry.gif

YES. OMG. I hate crosstours SO MUCH. UGH! I have to say though, they didn't do too bad of a job on the new Accord. It looks a heck of a lot better than the current one. And Honda must be doing something right since Chevy copied their front end styling for the new Impala lolololol