Sign in to follow this  
TaurusKev

Wtb: Thunderbird Parts

So, in looking for my T-Bird restoration project, I compiled a small list of body parts I need.

Needed: New front driver fender, according to Rock Auto, the fender is found on the following cars:

FORD THUNDERBIRD (1989 - 1995)

MERCURY COUGAR (1989 - 1995)

Now to make life perfect... If it is in Ford Royal Blue - Paint Code KM, I'd be in heaven! I believe this color was only on 94/95. So that narrows it in. However... If the fender is in perfect condition, and another color, I guess I'll take it.

Trunk lid has a bit of damage, so I am debating if it'd be cheaper to have body work done to it, then repainted, or getting a mint condition, possibly sanding/priming, then just having it professionally painted. Unless of course, KM paint code in perfect condition.

I am debating a road trip in December (That's when my work scheduled vacation is...) so if anyone finds these parts in the specified color, I might just drive out there to pick them up.

Right now that's all I can think of that I need. Ideally closer to IL the better, but I also know closer to IL, better chance of rust :(

There are several thunderbirds in the pull a part yard in Memphis....I can look for you, but it'd be a few weeks. I don't remember any blue ones like yours though. All of the cars there are generally rust free southern cars though.

Looks like the big one: The fender, might have been sourced! Wrong color sure... But it's rust free, so they say.

• Like 1

Want a 1990 SC rear bumper and SC ground effects package?

Want a 1990 SC rear bumper and SC ground effects package?

He'd better... :ph34r:

The ground effects sound awesome. However, the bumper says Thunderbird SC right? Don't wanna rice out the Bird and misrepresent my 4.6L V8 naturally aspirated :lol:

Only the front bumper actually read anything. I gave the bumper and effects away locally to a girl with a 95 dark green LX and a blower.

The ground effects sound awesome. However, the bumper says Thunderbird SC right? Don't wanna rice out the Bird and misrepresent my 4.6L V8 naturally aspirated laugh.gif

Then you know what you must do...

m6066m118_1122.jpg

• Like 3

That looks like an air pump of some kind... :unsure:

• Like 1

Ain't got the money :lol:

If I can't afford to buy a new ignition switch actuator for my Taurus, so I can use a key to start it, how can I afford that? :P

OF COURSE! With the low low price of $4598.95! Future mod maybe. For now, I just want her to look good, and ride nicely. :)

It's such a deal, how can you say no?

Who cares about looks and ride.

That's HORSEPOWER.

Well, I don't want her to deteriorate to an unsafe rust bucket :(

So, looks matter.