Roach

Lucky To Be Alive

That really sucks man. Glad you're okay though (other than being sore).

Roach...I hope you don't have insurance with Progressive........

It would explain that hit-man that keeps trying to hunt me down....

Naw, I have 21st Century. They've been really helpful so far.

WOW that sucks!!!

Honestly though take the money from the insurance and get a new Bull!!! My cosmetic damage on my car is very minimal but I'm still debating if it's worth it...Fords in general have s**tty resale value :(

Yeah but I'm just too attached to this car. I've had close calls in it, most of my good memories are in it. I've had it for years and if I can fix it up, I at least owe it my life to do so. I had some crazy plans to make this car a lot more then just a regular Taurus and if I can, I still want to do just that.

Right now, I just need to get a truck to get back and forth to work. My neck is sore and my shoulders are but I should be able to pull wires still. Nick, I won't ignore your words on ignoring the pain, if it gets any worse or more painful I will seek help for sure.

Thanks everyone. I got to the point I can laugh at it but it still pisses me off so much. I'm still more thankful I didn't hurt anyone in the accident.

That car would look cool with a V8 SHO front clip.

I did a camweld for a guy once who brought me a 99 with a front clip from a 2000 + taurus. Freaked me out, thought he had the wrong car. Turns out he was in a wreck and wanted to have some fun.

All the gen 4 parts fit the gen 3, so I have to believe it would work backwards. With a Gen 3 SHO front clip, you'd definitely have a one of a kind car there.

I always thought the Gen4's rear would look great with a Gen3 front, but I really love the look of the G4, especially with the projectors I had. Depending on the front end damage I may go with a Gen3 subframe to sit my new engine on. I cant get the hood opened though, either the latch or the cable got destroyed. I think it was just the cable though.

Guest Jay144

This could be a great opportunity to get a Panther platform car........not that I'm unduly influenced or anything!

006-3.jpg

Dude I love the crown vic. My brother will be forced into getting one when he learns to drive.

Here's new[er] daylight pictures.

386790_4197161882856_2120599392_n.jpg

405308_4197162642875_859124196_n.jpg

292015_4197162842880_1714665874_n.jpg

206021_4197163322892_1490609368_n.jpg

545874_4197163722902_2043639895_n.jpg

547361_4197164362918_1918060756_n.jpg

551586_4197165362943_823875724_n.jpg

547099_4197165682951_1401738115_n.jpg

The B-piller is almost untouched. I'll be waiting for what the adjuster says before I start ripping her apart though.

Man! Sorry to hear about your wreck, glad noone was hurt. If you want to fight that citation and have any hope of winning, you should hire a lawyer. I had an issue years ago and without the lawyer it would have gone

against me. Looking at the car it'll most likely be totaled. Is it me or does that rear wheel look bent , different angle then front? That'll be a big project getting her back on the road. Good Luck!!

Hard to really say from the pics but the A and B pillars looked like they remained intact.

The front door could be reskinned. The back door looks like the shell got tweaked, so you will need a back door. And front fender, core support, bumper covers on both ends.

Hood looks like it got bend at one of the ears...guess that gets added.

The big bill is going to be the back 1/4. That ain't cheap to fix.

• Like 1

I would really think it over before you fix the car up, no matter how attached it it still just a machine. One of my buddies who got T boned by an old lady was on the fence about repairing his car but decided to go ahead and keep it because he liked the car. This is a 2000 Volvo S40, Brian has seen this car first hand. They completely reworked all the sheet metal and body the car looked excellent all redone but there was many things hidden. Several months later they surfaced, his engine mounts went out, 2 new CV axles, all new front suspension, (he had just replaced it prior to the crash as well), multiple alignments, and the thing eats tires like crazy now. No matter how well you repair it and redo it there are always things that will be messed up underneath. Maybe his collision was worse than yours, but this is just my take.

• Like 1

Real Damn happy your okay. Had you been in a civic, you wouldn't be posting. The bull lives on. Good luck with your case.

Those new daylight pictures made my queasy, then I walked outside to give NOSHO a hug... so I feel better now. blush.gif Agreed that if the damage to that rear quarter is serious, you need to be prepared to scrap the car and replace it with another beautiful rust-free Gen 4.

If that happens, you should get the new one in Silver Frost. ph34r.gif

Those new daylight pictures made my queasy, then I walked outside to give NOSHO a hug... so I feel better now. blush.gif Agreed that if the damage to that rear quarter is serious, you need to be prepared to scrap the car and replace it with another beautiful rust-free Gen 4.

If that happens, you should get the new one in Silver Frost. ph34r.gif

No. Merlot. others-261.gif

Edited by DuraBull

It sure LOOKS like he Pitted you, that's for sure... Good luck man, glad you're ok and the car did it's job.

Hopefully you will get this sorted out.

As far as the car, All of you guys talking about fixing it are out of your minds.

You guys know he can pick up a replacement for less than what it would cost to fix that damage.

Hopefully you will get this sorted out.

As far as the car, All of you guys talking about fixing it are out of your minds.

You guys know he can pick up a replacement for less than what it would cost to fix that damage.

Agree, more than totaled.

See pic, this totaled by more than $1K. Tree fell on it and arrows show damage.

Thlis '03 LS Prem with 80K miles. Over a year ago.

I bought it back for $406 and took ~$400 to fix it along with some labor for top glass and hood.

Just my experience.

-chart-

ugh that sucks dude, glad you're ok though. I hate these lunatics that drive 3/4 and 1 tons with 2 feet of lift and mud tires like sports cars. Can't believe the guy was smiling and laughing it off, though he probably wanted to piss you off so you hit him and make you look like the nut. Hopefully the car doesn't have any structural or hidden damage but it's a 13 year old car so be prepared for them to total it.

$hit

Glad that your OK man, & that you were able to walk away from it.

I hope you really Rip, the guy who hit you, the company he was driving for and the PD that gave u the ticket a new asshole, really.....stomp a mud-hole

and if it's a trucking company.....report their ***** to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at www.fmcsa.dot.gov

[/url]

Well going thoroughly over the car I found all that I could. No structure damage, the rear quarter will have to be replaced because of the dents, bondo or fiberglass may cut it. The damage is pure cosmetic. On the back...

Under the hood is another story. The motor moved forward breaking the top motor mount and bottom transmission mount. The CV Boot is toast, but I don't know how the axle held up so far. The subframe is almost untouched minus some bottom out damage.

I do all the work myself. I bought her for $2500, and if I can repair it for that much or less then I will. I like projects.

First off is two new doors. I'm not worried on re skinning. Then the Fenders and bumper covers and foam support, radiators, and fans. The engine will be pulled after the insurance people check out the car. I was replacing that anyway I have a new engine on standby as we speak in my garage. I'll see then what my real damage is. By the looks of it it will be mostly transmission or drive shaft problems. I'm selling it anyway, if it's toast then it's scrap metal. Or a Vulcan memento...

As far as the rear quarter goes, it's just dented on the outside. From the inner trunk you can stick your hand inbetween the back support and there's still a gap so it didn't impact too bad there. Since we live in a day of fender bender = totaling a car, I will bring back some old school technique called welding. I will find a quarter in a junkyard and cut it out and cut out mine and weld it in. Easy and simple fix. We've done this to our old racecars, nothing stopping us from doing that here.

It will be a tough road, but it's 100% possible as far as I see it. I was planning from the start to overhaul this car, exterior, interior, motor, suspension, etc. This is a set back but I know I can work with it. If it gets too overwhelming we'll see at that point. But I was a mechanic, and I've never had a problem I couldn't fix. I won't take her to anyone except to get an alignment.

Call me crazy all you want but I'd rather here some encouraging words right now after what I've been through.

How much beer will this project require? We could start up a TSOC collection for you... wink.gif

laugh.gif

Well going thoroughly over the car I found all that I could. No structure damage, the rear quarter will have to be replaced because of the dents, bondo or fiberglass may cut it. The damage is pure cosmetic. On the back...

Under the hood is another story. The motor moved forward breaking the top motor mount and bottom transmission mount. The CV Boot is toast, but I don't know how the axle held up so far. The subframe is almost untouched minus some bottom out damage.

I do all the work myself. I bought her for $2500, and if I can repair it for that much or less then I will. I like projects.

First off is two new doors. I'm not worried on re skinning. Then the Fenders and bumper covers and foam support, radiators, and fans. The engine will be pulled after the insurance people check out the car. I was replacing that anyway I have a new engine on standby as we speak in my garage. I'll see then what my real damage is. By the looks of it it will be mostly transmission or drive shaft problems. I'm selling it anyway, if it's toast then it's scrap metal. Or a Vulcan memento...

As far as the rear quarter goes, it's just dented on the outside. From the inner trunk you can stick your hand inbetween the back support and there's still a gap so it didn't impact too bad there. Since we live in a day of fender bender = totaling a car, I will bring back some old school technique called welding. I will find a quarter in a junkyard and cut it out and cut out mine and weld it in. Easy and simple fix. We've done this to our old racecars, nothing stopping us from doing that here.

It will be a tough road, but it's 100% possible as far as I see it. I was planning from the start to overhaul this car, exterior, interior, motor, suspension, etc. This is a set back but I know I can work with it. If it gets too overwhelming we'll see at that point. But I was a mechanic, and I've never had a problem I couldn't fix. I won't take her to anyone except to get an alignment.

Call me crazy all you want but I'd rather here some encouraging words right now after what I've been through.

I can say that we are on your side, I know how we get attached to a car and now a challenge has been raised. You know you have a great crew to bounce things off of here and if you want to rebuild it.... so be it!! a few mounts and a bunch of bodywork for a mechanic shouldn't be too much. Let's just say that anything can be fixed, it is just how far money-wise and time-wise are you willing to go? Time will tell and we will all be here to see it unfold, whatever you decide!!!

Edited by mh488

As long as your okay. Never felt right about car talk if someone got hurt. The car will be fixed as long as you continue want to fix it. The encouragement will be here, as we see this car come back together. Just like you all did for me as the wagon came back together. Don't you feel a little "hell yea!" because you are soon going to be cutting parts off your car? :)

I can't believe that nobody has said this yet, so here goes. blush.gif

"Those dings will buff right out!" buff.gif

I can't believe that nobody has said this yet, so here goes. blush.gif

"Those dings will buff right out!" buff.gif

Good old Jackie Chan