I was driving home today, like I always do going home from work.

I see this big red work truck, at least a F-450 in size jacked up and everything. I think it was a dodge.

He was flying in traffic, every stoplight he floored it and blew black smoke through his dual stacks.

I was tired, wanted to go home, made no big deal of it. We got to the part of town where the road opens to a highway and you can go 55.

I was driving, looked around, didn't see him, thought he turned off somewhere.

All the sudden, something hits me, I'm off the road, in the median strip sideways. Dirt all in my face, seconds later I'm in oncoming traffic. I nearly hit two people head on, praying praying that I go off the road or flip or whatever before I injure anyone.

More seconds later in this moment that feels like a year I hit the guard rail on the other side. I come to a stop finnaly. I'm curseing and everything else, my airbag doesn't deploy. Lucky I had my seatbelt. People come asking if I'm okay and everything else and I'm just shaken up. I noticed a big red truck in the median strip. Wow, really?

One guy comes up to me smiling asking what happend. I was cursing saying it was this stupid redneck coming into me and told him the story. He smiles, yes, smiles, he said "that stupid truck driver was me!|" "I'm sorry man, I've been up since 5am and was hurrying home!"

Wow ? What? I've been up since 4:30 and I was on CRUISE CONTROL. He kept saying "sorry man sorry sorry we'll straiten this up!"

Cops come and everything else. They give ME a ticket for unsafe driving. He lied and told them I merged into him! Really?

All I know is I'm sueing his ass off. It was a work truck too, with a how's my driving sticker on it.

I swear God held me back though. The second I knew that man did it I was about to rip open my door and lay him down on the asphalt. My door luckily didn't open...

He did smile as he watched me crawl out through the window, without helping at all.

1005661o.jpg

1005662i.jpg

1005663.jpg

I'm just counting my blessings. I have to fix her up, that's all there is to it.

Glad your OK, at least you were able to walk away from it.

Personally, I wouldnt have accepted the ticket, you were hit from behind.... :angry: not in the side or clipped his bumper.

Glad to hear your ok.

Good luck buying the car from your insurance because it has gotta be totaled in their eyes.

They gave him one too, right? no witnesses = both parties usually get a ticket and sort it out in front of the Judge.

Best part is you're OK - Damn 5 star crash rating ;)

As for fixing it, there are a few tell tale signs, like the trim on the roof gutter sticking up a little bit, that tell me replacement parts might not fit as well as you'd like. Do a thorough daylight inspection and check out that B pillar too. I've seen a fair share of these cars look like they were just nicked, but it pushed in the B pillar and jacked up the roof, and they ended up totaling the car.

Other advice - write everything down that you can think of. You'll be surprised how much doesn't come to mind later when you are standing in front of the Judge.

s**t. I'm glad that you're OK after that! :blink:

The ******* in the work truck who ran you off the road... who exactly does he work for? A county agency, some private construction company, what? Because if I were you, I would already be planning out some seriously nasty internet justice-style bad PR for whoever pays that ****** to be out on public roads with such obvious disregard for other drivers- to get them to make this s**t right on their unfit driver's behalf. And since when do the cops only take one side of an accident into account before issuing a citation for fault? Especially when you were the one who took the most damage... they didn't even ******* think first. The truck driving asshole lied about what happened, and they just took him at his word to start writing you the ticket?! I'd be taking a ride to the station ASAP to ream out their immediate superior... :angryfire:

Not to say your not at fault but look at the big picture, cops show up... see a work truck and car that has been modified noticeably, who do you think they are going to listen too.

Having to drive a government vehicle everyday really effects your driving, I have done it for 2 summers now. Not to say I am a bad or aggressive driver because I am not but when I am in the city vehicle I have to be very courteous (stop for all pedestrians, drive nice and easy, let people in, etc...) I can't even honk my horn if someone else clearly makes a huge mistake, hell just today someone cut me off in a roundabout and I just have to stop and wait while I curse to my self about how stupid they are.

Though as I re read I see that both vehicles had some modifications. Seeing the red paint on your drivers side is a clear sign he pushed into you, I would have a hard time imagining you couldn't see or hear a big diesel truck right next to you and merge into him.

Damn, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're OK. Good luck pursuing compensation from the other guy - idiot drivers need to be taught a lesson.

glad to hear your OK make. you should be able to win that case long as you got a good record. if its a company truck there is a very good chance that it has a data recorder in it. and GPS tracking. some even have cameras. some try to hide the fact that they have them system in the cars. to pen it on the one they hit. sine they insurance rates could go up if they are at fault. i seen it done many times before. i would talk with a lawyer about.

Eeeek. Glad you're okay! I would definitely talk with someone about what you have going on....a professional. No reason to get screwed over if you can help from it. Looking at the car it's definitely going to be a total loss. That being said...some of that damage will require extensive body filler to repair and will still cost a pretty good amount at that. The cost of repair will probably exceed just de-modding it and buying a good one to reinstall your mods on. Sad, but true. I don't know what kind of price they bring where you're at, but around here you can get gen 4's with 90K or so on em for 2 grand or so....sometimes slightly less. That is buying from a private party not a dealer. I put a door, hood, fender, and bumper covers on my 92 to fix the accident damage on it. I bought it wrecked. After I pay for the whole car paint job I'll have nearly 2K in body and paint alone and that is with me doing most of all the prep work and body panel swapping. Of course aftermarket parts for the gen 4 may be slightly cheaper than they were for my gen 2...I had to use a mix of aftermarket and used OE and they sure were proud of the(CAPA certified aftermarket) parts. OEM grade A door was pretty reasonable...I think I paid 230.00 including all the goodies inside so I didn't have to swap anything. Fender was 100.00...bumper covers were about 550.00 for both including shipping from NYC. I purchased everything through LKQ and Keystone. I will say that I am no professional, but if you do choose to fix it....try to find OE fenders and such because it took me forever to get that aftermarket fender to fit and look "close" to a factory job. Not to mention there is really not much adjustment on the bumper covers and they don't fit quite right either, but look okay. Definitely better than what was there, but they don't fit like OE.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff

I wouldn't post jack or bad PR about anything until you figure out the details on what bubba gump was doing in his truck (or his companies truck). You don't want dude's lawyer bringing in print outs of what you posted on the internet.

Seek a lawyer if need be. But otherwise, your insurance company should be doing the job here. You were inconvenienced, contrary to doughnut eaters thoughts, you were not at fault.

Agreeing with Eric...write everything you can remember asap. Draw diagrams. And if you have any pain, visit the doc and get your ailments written down and documented. Don't ignore. Pain and suffering.

I wouldn't post jack or bad PR about anything until you figure out the details on what bubba gump was doing in his truck (or his companies truck). You don't want dude's lawyer bringing in print outs of what you posted on the internet.

Seek a lawyer if need be. But otherwise, your insurance company should be doing the job here. You were inconvenienced, contrary to doughnut eaters thoughts, you were not at fault.

Agreeing with Eric...write everything you can remember asap. Draw diagrams. And if you have any pain, visit the doc and get your ailments written down and documented. Don't ignore. Pain and suffering.

+1 stay quiet about this until it over.

• Like 1

Also, try to head out and document the actual scene of the crash ASAP with photos, diagrams, etc so that you can (eventually, maybe) show a judge or an attorney exactly where your car was when you were hit by the truck, where your car ended up, what lanes he and you were in. Skidmarks and paint scrapes are a bonus for proving what happened. It doesn't sound like the local Barney Fifes cared enough to do this part of their job first. :rolleyes:

Dang sorry to hear about all that. Good news you're ok. The part that got me was when you said the guy was all smiley and taking it all as a big joke. If a dude ran me off the road, and came up to me with a big smile, He'd be the one goin to the hospital. I hope you get a very nice compensation.

Again, bro, glad you are alright. Lots of good advice in here about documenting everything possible. And definatley do not name names until this is all settled. Don't want anything more than what you already have Barney Fife and Bubba J against you.

Call a lawyer, son.

Perhaps it's time to rename this car, Roach? :ph34r: "Lady Hearse" may not be the best choice... just saying. :blush:

That was the first time I laughed after this. No no, the joke was that this is the car that will take me to the grave. She won't give up that easily. Lol

But anyway, the damage seems mostly cosmetic on the sides. New doors, new fenders, new bumpers.

The hood is jammed shut though and the radiator is visibly bent inwards. The plastic part of the front frame under the hood [idk what you call it, the thing with the stickers on it] is also cracked. The subframe looks okay, and the bottom of the engine looks alright as well. The oil it leaked was from some return line that came loose.

All and all I can't do too much until the adjuster sees it. But I don't want to give my car up that's for sure.

If I can get the hood open I would see what happened there. I've got a new engine waiting for it already so I'm not worried about that Vulcan.

The first call I got from my sister I told her to sell that Hyundai she has lol. I'm just so glad I was spared anything worse. I'm still shook up and sore like hell right now.

I believe the part you are referring to would be the header panel. Not suprised that it busted, it's just fiberglass. Glad to hear it looks mostly cosmetic, and I sure hope it is.

Roach, you sure are lucky to be alive :)

The sage advise you need now is to find witnesses -- people that live in the area, post up in the free section on craigslist, ...

You need people who know what happened and are willing to testify to the fact.

WOW that sucks!!!

Honestly though take the money from the insurance and get a new Bull!!! My cosmetic damage on my car is very minimal but I'm still debating if it's worth it...Fords in general have s**tty resale value :(