That is some beautiful police livery. wub.gif I'm also really glad that Wisco troopers will stand out better when I drive North Of The Border. unsure.gif The old all-blue look was too stealthy IMO.

I liked the look they had on the vics, much more attractive than the bright blue of the Michigan State boys and their stupid jelly bean light.

I have also become good at spotting their maroon crown vic LX they use on the 172 bridge across the fox river.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3403/3550278394_0c4dd51990.jpg

Eww Wisconsin police. LOL

State troopers are the worst in WI. You'll see more of them sitting on I39/51 on a 200 mile stretch than a 1000 mile stretch going through multiple states.

State troopers are the worst in WI. You'll see more of them sitting on I39/51 on a 200 mile stretch than a 1000 mile stretch going through multiple states.

I have yet to have an encounter with a state law man and those guys sit on 41 like you wouldn't believe, its not even worth speeding and now with all the construction they hit you 2x as hard. They even come on the news and say that they will be having a week long sting and people still speed down that stretch of highway in Green Bay. You really see a lot of them at dusk when their parking lights blend into the horizon.

I didn't notice this before but this car has 2 badges, the classic " Police Interceptor", and what looks like a combo "Ecoboost AWD". Fords way of letting the smart people know this car is truly fast.

http://farm8.staticf...8bd9b241a_o.jpg

Never mind that says flex fuel, are both of those motors flex fuel? But it does say AWD

The EcoBoost is not an E85-capable engine, IIRC. That unit shown in the picture would have the standard 288hp 3.5L 'Ti-VCT' V6 and the optional AWD. I'm not surprised by the choice of AWD on a Wisconsin patrol car. wink.gif

The EcoBoost is not an E85-capable engine, IIRC. That unit shown in the picture would have the standard 288hp 3.5L 'Ti-VCT' V6 and the optional AWD. I'm not surprised by the choice of AWD on a Wisconsin patrol car. wink.gif

I thought AWD was standard on all cars, optional FWD

1345692359[/url]' post='52883']

I thought AWD was standard on all cars, optional FWD

The opposite actually, FWD and Ti-VCT V6 is the basic setup for Police Interceptor sedans, AWD is optional with that engine for Snow Belt departments, and an Ecoboost 3.5L (with standard AWD to tame the power output) is the top shelf.

The Police Interceptor Utility (Po-po Explorer) has a 3.7L Ti-VCT V6 with either standard FWD or optional AWD.

No, Thub is correct.

Police Interceptors with the NA V6 come standard with AWD.

If they opt for the FWD they receive a "credit". Never did find out what that credit was though...

I'd find a link, but it's too late lol...

The Ecoboost models say so where the "Flex Fuel" bit is in that badge posted above...

I stopped being lazy and got a pic of it (only cause I knew exactly where to find it, hah)

7729409402_fe01fd6fd8_b.jpg

Edited by mmmfloorpie
1345694621[/url]' post='52890']

No, Thub is correct.

Police Interceptors with the NA V6 come standard with AWD.

If they opt for the FWD they receive a "credit". Never did find out what that credit was though...

I'd find a link, but it's too late lol...

The Ecoboost models say so where the "Flex Fuel" bit is in that badge posted above...

I stopped being lazy and got a pic of it (only cause I knew exactly where to find it, hah)

7729409402_fe01fd6fd8_b.jpg

Huh. That changed since the original press unveiling that Ford did in Las Vegas. blink.gif AWD must have been found to be better for the pursuit rated cars.

Huh. That changed since the original press unveiling that Ford did in Las Vegas. blink.gif AWD must have been found to be better for the pursuit rated cars.

I remember it was announced quite sometime after the car was actually unveiled. It makes sense, critics and police officers would have derided a FWD police car.

Now, both despite and because of their modern construction, fuel-saving V-6 engines, and standard all-wheel-drive, Ford hopes its new Police Interceptor Sedan and Utility will become leading suspects in police lineups nationwide.
As mentioned, the Interceptor sedan and utility models come standard with all-wheel drive; both can be ordered in front-drive spec.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2012-ford-police-interceptor-interceptor-utility-first-drive-review

Thank you Car and Driver! Finding anything on Autoblog or Leftlane can be a real chore.

That jellybean light on the Michigan state trooper cv's.... I really don't understand why they still use those... it can't be a cost thing, because I saw one the other day where the jellybean was all LED. I mean, it looked like a sweet retrofit, but seems dumb.

The MSP gumball light (and their hood-mounted "STOP" sign) are kept purely out of tradition, according to the agency's own PR. mellow.gif It's unique, I'll give them that...