I'm Picking Up Bad Vibrations

So I have a suspension problem I know of. I need new struts and springs all around. But I'm working on that. But I just did my front brake about a month ago. I don't remember exact model of what I got but I got the best that AutoZone offers for pads and rotors. Pads were somewhere around 50 bucks and the rotors were also around $50 a piece. I think the pads were Gold C or something :-/ anyways. Not all the time. Usually not at low speeds <45mph but sometimes. But mainly on the interstate when slowing down or even on a regular road if I get much over 40mph and have to stop kind of quickly(sometimes just slowly coming to a stop it does it too) I just get s ton of duh duh duh type vibration. Not really jerking but a solid repetitive vibration until I come to a stop. It kind of increases and decreases with how hard I push the brake pedal but is about the same no matter how hard I push the pedal. My rear brakes are in good shape just replaced the pads and one drum last year and replaced the other drum earlier this year. And even so it feels more like the front and not the rear so I'm not considering the rear to be the source. I've done brakes plenty of times in many differed cars and never have had this happen. Let me know anything to check. I think I had the vibration prior to new pads. So maybe something else that would only cause serious vibration while coming to a stop?

I thought that was the case with my old ones which is why I got brand new ones. I don't remember what ones the were exactly but I got the best ones autozone carries.

I would also suspect warped rotors. Don't they have a lifetime warranty from AutoZone? If so, bring 'em back and get new ones, and have them checked to make sure they are true. It used to be that if you got Wagner, Bendix, or Raybestos brake parts, you were getting quality. Now, with so much stuff being made in China (and it's absolute crap), it's hard to find good quality. I still get my brake pads from Ford, for I have found that they last longer with much less brake dust than pads from the auto stores.

Edited by Jay

Is there any way to actually check the rotors? I don't know which one it could be. And not too sure how easily they would replace two $50 rotors. But I do believe it's a lifetime warranty.

Before you go replacing rotors, check this out first.

Remove the rotors, and wire brush all the mating surfaces on the hub, and on the backside of the rotor. You want to be sure the rear of the rotor is clean, and the mating face of the hub is clean. This also applies to the circle around the inside of the rotor that the hub slips through. If you have any crap in there, or corrosion, or something like that, it will cause a vibration when you brake.

Also, a bad outer tie rod end can cause this as well, however a tie rod end will also vibrate at other times.

Tim

I do have a steady vibration at 60+ mph. Tires have been checked and balanced 3 times so they are good. I don't had any play in my wheel when I jack the car up. Could it still be the tie rod?

It's possible.

How are the wheels? I'm starting to wonder if you don't have a bent rim. BTW....just because the balance out doesn't mean they ain't bent.

Tim

I'm not sure. I hope good and that the tire shop I go to would mention if one was bent. They're only 2 years old. Have them listed in my signature.