The guy couldn't tell me on that, unfortunately. Usually though, as far as condition...they usually only resell good serviceable parts.

Jeff

I found them new OEM at an online dealer for $113 + $11 shipping(ea.). That's not as bad. Then a found a salvage yard only for Audis in upstate New York. They have everything! 1200 Audis in stock. I have no idea why it took me so long to find them-no mention on any Audi sites I browsed. Maybe their prices are high. Anyway, I want to see how much they want first.

Edited by 2000_Gold_Taurus

1200 Audi only salvage yard!? Wow. Good luck. Maybe if I see some that are easy to grab, I will get them at LKQ Self Serve in Charleston, SC on Monday (1/2 off day). Doubt it though...what years?

I like those speciality type only junkyards. BMW, Benzes, etc.

Dad sold the A6 today, to one of Devin's friends apparently LOL

1200 Audi only salvage yard!? Wow. Good luck. Maybe if I see some that are easy to grab, I will get them at LKQ Self Serve in Charleston, SC on Monday (1/2 off day). Doubt it though...what years?

I like those speciality type only junkyards. BMW, Benzes, etc.

They say they've dismantled 2500 Audis, and warehoused/inventoried all useful parts. I found another yard for VW/Audi in New Hampshire. Smaller, but could be handy. The springs fit late 98-2004 A6 Avant Quattros (FWD no good) and have 2 green paint dots on them. We don't have many yards left here-tree huggers say they pollute the groundwater. Some probably did. On another note, CEL back on for catalyst correction out of range drivers side. Likely the poor exhaust work (flex joint) done by the guy who sold it to us. I see welding in my future.B)

Dad sold the A6 today, to one of Devin's friends apparently LOL

It's gone, finally! Someone got a nice car.

And I'll keep my eyes peeled for that year range on Monday 2000_Gold_Taurus (sorry don't know your name).

It's gone, finally! Someone got a nice car.

And I'll keep my eyes peeled for that year range on Monday 2000_Gold_Taurus (sorry don't know your name).

Thanks-Eric

P.S. I forgot to mention the paint dots (on mine anyway) are on the inside of the spring about 1/3 of the way up. I used an inspection mirror to see them.

Edited by 2000_Gold_Taurus

As I mentioned earlier, the CEL came on again. This time it indicated a leak between the front and rear O2 sensors(among other things). There is a flex joint that often fails, and the seller did a horrific fix on the drivers side. The leak was about 1/4" wide. Now I have no codes, and all readiness monitors completed-ready for inspection!

AudiA6ExhaustLeak.jpg

AudiA6ExhaustLeakFixed.jpg

Holy mother of God. Did blind person tried to weld that piece together?

Holy mother of God. Did blind person tried to weld that piece together?

I'm going with child labor, or they just bought a MIG that day.

Looks like they ran out of gas while welding

It failed inspection anyway :( . They found the worn brake hoses on the front calipers that I did not get a chance to change. Guess what my project this weekend was? My wife and I both love driving it, though B)

It failed inspection anyway :( . They found the worn brake hoses on the front calipers that I did not get a chance to change. Guess what my project this weekend was? My wife and I both love driving it, though B)

So she is cool with you doing car work and she likes driving it? That's awesome man!

How much of a job is it to change the hoses?

So she is cool with you doing car work and she likes driving it? That's awesome man!

How much of a job is it to change the hoses?

It's really her car, as was the Taurus. She often helps get tools and stuff while I'm working on it-that way I don't have to crawl out from under the car and get up every time I need something. She gets a reliable, safe car and my back doesn't hurt too much. I let her try the MIG welder last weekend-she liked it. Changing the hoses is about the same as other cars. They use Bubble flares instead of Double flares, but I figured out how to make them. I had one fitting that rounded off and I had to replace. Audi uses the corrosion resistant copper alloy lines from the factory with brass fittings.They don't corrode, but if salt gets in the threads it gets hard to turn. The brass fitting rounds off easily as it is soft. I had the proper line from when I replaced the rear line in my Jeep, and I bought an assortment of fittings at the same time, so I was good to go.

Just felt like posting a little victory-it passed inspection today :) . I just have to reinstall the rear hatch interior panel(removed to install new license plate fasteners!), an put new wiper blades on it.

After 2 days going over it, here's the diagnosis:

Car-$4600

Delivery-$400

Timing Belt Kit w/water pump,tensioners-$300

Steering Rack-$300

Brake Pads(F&R)-$25

Trans Fluid & Filter Kit-$110

AntiFreeze-$20

Brake Fluid-$5

PS Fluid-$20

Tire leak-$12

Radiator-$100

Total $5892

Not bad at all B)

wow it needed a steering rack at 80,000 and a timing belt kit and radiator :ph34r: ..something don't sound right.. pretty car tho good luck with her hope somebody did not screw with the odometer that sounds

too soon for all that to happen

wow it needed a steering rack at 80,000 and a timing belt kit and radiator :ph34r: ..something don't sound right.. pretty car tho good luck with her hope somebody did not screw with the odometer that sounds

too soon for all that to happen

I did not change the rack, it stopped leaking as soon as we started driving it. It may have sat around and the seals dried up. The radiator was due to salt corrosion, and yes, the timing belt work should be done at 60,000. We ran autocheck, and the mileage seems legit.

I did not change the rack, it stopped leaking as soon as we started driving it. It may have sat around and the seals dried up. The radiator was due to salt corrosion, and yes, the timing belt work should be done at 60,000. We ran autocheck, and the mileage seems legit.

thats good news sounds better now better than a 2,300 taurus trans job lol :wacko:

We started moving my mom's stuff out of her assisted living place today. I have to admit we missed the large size of the Taurus wagon. I guess everything has it's compromises...