• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
jw89sho

Posting Images

15 posts in this topic

I must be the only one in the dark here. The best I can do is upload attachments that show as thumbnails until you click on them.

How to post the full size images I see others doing?

Im curious as well.

Use tinypic or photobucket, grab the IMG code for the picture.

Exactly, use a service such as TinyPic (http://tinypic.com/).

Here is how:

1. Decide which photos you want to use. Use an easily found folder (mine is TaurusForum).

2. Resize the photos to a smaller size (800 pixels wide seems to be a good choice.)

3. Log on to the TinyPic website. (Ignore the "Puzzles" and "Congratulations, you are a winner!" flashing ads.)

avk02a.jpg

4. Click on "Browse", navigate to the folder where you placed the resized photos.

5. Select your photo and click on "Open".

6. Click on UPLOAD NOW! (green button).

28sa5x3.jpg

7. An anti-spam window appears. Enter the displayed text and click on UPLOAD NOW! button (again.)

8. Click on the second box under "Share This Image" and select "Copy".

2q0w01x.jpg

9. Paste the [ІМG]httр://www.tinypic.com/avk02a.jpg[/ІМG] code into your posting.

10. Double check after posting, that your photo appears as desired.

This is actually quicker than it sounds. I keep my "uploaded" photos for possible future use.

The only downfall of tinypic is that it doesn't save your pictures forever. Say you are doing a writeup and you want them to be accessible permanently, creating an account with tinypic's owner, Photobucket is a better option because they will not kill your photo links.

Thanks! Bonus for Devin...saves server space.

Now if the BB code hotlinks the images instead of rendering the page server-side, saves bandwidth too.

You can also use the google picasa service, just click on link to photo and check the image only box, then copy/paste in the embed image code into the picture icon (image URL).

IMAG0026.jpg

You can use Supermotors as well which is designed for Car People.

Supermotors adds a watermark to everything though.

It seams I can't post images from my google account anymore, I can't switch to another hosting site since I have so many pictures on google... I keep getting an error saying " You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." Can this be lifted or not? 

Scroll up and read my earlier post. All of the photos are still there. I now use imgur [ http://imgur.com/]. It works in much the same way as tinypic used to work. The only reason I switched was because tinypic seemed to be infected (at least that is what my anti-virus told me).

I keep all of my originals on my computer (an old packrat's habit is hard to break). I also note that many of my photos have ended up in the general domain (google my alter ego on Focus forums: SVT-WGN under images).

However as to your current problem, alas I cannot help.

Solved my issue! Google uses links that really long and complicated for the site to understand. But Picasa (which is owned by google) still uses the same method that google used before they overhauled their photo sharing that allowed me to post images. All I have to do is use Picasa now instead of google's.

Simple terms:

Google long and complicated

Picasa short and easy  

Picasa method is not working....

Flickr has always worked well for me.