A New Look For Candy's Front View

Well, it was bound to happen. I can not sit around and see a stock taurus anymore. I knew I would be working to bring Candy up to the level of the Old Red Wagon, though it will take some time i'm sure. So, I have been planning on a new grill for Candy, I found this polished stainless grill on Ebay. I like the looks of the stock top grill, and I do have an idea for that anyways. The bottom grill opening has been driving me nuts till I found this. Everyone said the after market grills wouldnt fit 2012 models, well guess what, they do, you just have to modify the old grill a little more to accept the new addition.

OK, so now for the new look of Candy.

DSCN2090.jpg

• Like 2

Are the 2011/ 2012 lower grilles different? Why do you say that people said an aftermarket grille wouldn't fit?

Oooh Dennis, that grille is tits!!

Sport appearance theme going on?

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

Are the 2011/ 2012 lower grilles different? Why do you say that people said an aftermarket grille wouldn't fit?

the grill opening arent different, but the plastic inserts are. i had to do a little extra cutting to make this work.

i looked at the matching top grill, they only want $600+ for that, so i think ill pass on that, but i do have other ideas floating around....

LOL @ the red engine paint...... been there done that, I do have a plan I am working on with the engine, you all know I couldnt leave that alone. :rolleyes: I hope to have the engine project in place within the next couple weeks. B)

I just wish I didnt have to run a front plate with the new grill, but I cant drive into work without a front plate, so sadly, I have to leave that in place now.

What if you remove the plate mount and put the plate on the lower grille?

I have thought about moving the plate, but with the rules at work I cant do it. My front plate has to be fully visable and un-obstructed or I cant drive onto company property past the gates. I actually thought about getting a folding bracket like they have to street rods, but it would have to hang low to get into work. Since my shop is almost a mile from the front gate, I would rather drive than walk every day.

I have thought about moving the plate, but with the rules at work I cant do it. My front plate has to be fully visable and un-obstructed or I cant drive onto company property past the gates. I actually thought about getting a folding bracket like they have to street rods, but it would have to hang low to get into work. Since my shop is almost a mile from the front gate, I would rather drive than walk every day.

I think we must be thinking different things....?

I mean this:

post-12-0-28506300-1339910029_thumb.jpg

I think we must be thinking different things....?

I mean this:

post-12-0-28506300-1339910029_thumb.jpg

ok sean, we were thinking different things. with the 2012 the center of the lower grill is the only open section, so that would block air flow through the front end. good idea though.

ok sean, we were thinking different things. with the 2012 the center of the lower grill is the only open section, so that would block air flow through the front end. good idea though.

Is there an air dam under the bumper? It can pull air from underneath up into the radiator and not be an issue.

• 1 year later...

Dennis hasn't had this car in a very long time.....nearly a year I'd guess. I doubt he would remember and I don't think he comes around too often anymore since he traded up to a Benz.

Dennis hasn't had this car in a very long time.....nearly a year I'd guess. I doubt he would remember and I don't think he comes around too often anymore since he traded up to a Benz.

The Benz was for his wife (I think). He has a Porsche.