TaurusKev

Leather Seat Care

Well, I figure I will post here because the Ford Taurus has leather too, so it can be applied to the Taurus too.

But my car is the first car to ever have a leather interior. I have a general idea of how to care for it, but what's truly the best product? Meguairs? I want to preserve my leather interior on my Focus for years to come. So my detailing instincts tell me to stick with Megauirs car care, it has always done wonders making my car look like new. However I am just wondering if something better exists, and other helpful tips to keep that leather looking like new for years to come.

Well, I figure I will post here because the Ford Taurus has leather too, so it can be applied to the Taurus too.

But my car is the first car to ever have a leather interior. I have a general idea of how to care for it, but what's truly the best product? Meguairs? I want to preserve my leather interior on my Focus for years to come. So my detailing instincts tell me to stick with Megauirs car care, it has always done wonders making my car look like new. However I am just wondering if something better exists, and other helpful tips to keep that leather looking like new for years to come.

I've had at least 7 Ford products with leather and never had problem. I use saddle soap. That is it. It cleans and conditions. There is no difference in car leather and shoes. Real leather shoes.

The steering wheel gets the most wear and should be cleaned often.

I also use saddle soap on the top of the insturement panel but do not rub it out, just leave it dull. Keeps the reflections down.

-chart- ( the old coot ):rolleyes:

Hmmm, saddle soap makes sense. Any particular brands?

Keep in mind that leather surfaces in today's automotive applications are treated with something like a "clearcoat" on finishes to protect them from UV rays, wear, etc..... Using something like a Meguiar's or related leather treatment will be more than sufficient. Items such as "saddle soap" are designed for leather surfaces that would not be "coated".

• Like 1

I've been using Armorall Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on my seats. No complaints so far. Squeaky clean, literally!

I've been using leather cleaner/conditioner for pretty near 10+ years now... If you want my advice, get something that's more cream like.

I've used Megs Quik Leather Care (in the little black spray bottles) for the last 5 or so years. And honestly. I hate it. The smell isn't terribly great and its very thin like water. I find I have to squirt and squirt and squirt more of it on the seats just to make it look "wet".

I've used creams in the past and I liked them way better. They last longer, they get into the leather better and they smell nicer. Like "hey I got leather seats!" smell.

I used to be a fan of Meguiar's. Then I got turned on to Leather Master products. Their products work great for my Taurus!

Here's a link for you: http://www.autogeek.net/about-leather-master.html?gclid=COyE7_e4kLACFYhM4AodvkMgrg

Here's a pic of my leather (not the best angle) using Leather Masters.

Interior4.jpg