New Police Tauruses Hit The Streets!

I always remember a story my 1 friend told me.

I was going to meet him in a park at night since it was easy to find, well when he was waiting an officer came across him. My friend goes "I saw headlights coming down the road so I thought it was you, then as they got closer I saw the parking lights on the inside of the rectangular headlights, and that was that."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The side of that car makes me think of Naughty By Nature.

Rusty, I saw your post about wanting the new Interceptor wheels (18 inch five spoke black steel wheels with center caps). One possible idea is to find a set of Lincoln LS aluminum 17 inch five spoke w

Posted Images

1339469350[/url]' post='48444']

that crown vic caption reminded me of this

officer parked car and took off on foot chase, well he left the car hanging over train tracks, that was a good laugh.

http://farm6.static...._4625517596.jpg

poor impala, lol

Wimpala FTL.

Unfortunately my local Police Department seems to be in love with Chargers. I don't think I will ever see one of the Interceptors on the road in my town unless it is the Provincial Police force. I did see a new Explorer Interceptor the other day. It was a sharp looking vehicle.

• 1 month later...

I wish those wheels would fit a G4. I would risk jail time to steal a set.

I wish those wheels would fit a G4. I would risk jail time to steal a set.

is098r9gw.jpg

Lancaster got a few now. white on white only thing that's not white is the wheels and windows.

Edited by BIGCJ

j753rs.jpg

Rusty, I saw your post about wanting the new Interceptor wheels (18 inch five spoke black steel wheels with center caps). One possible idea is to find a set of Lincoln LS aluminum 17 inch five spoke wheels and paint them black. They have a flat five spoke shape, albeit one inch smaller diameter. They do fit Generation 4 Taurus (you need the Lincoln lug nuts). Then just paint them black (PlastiCote or whatever). When Project winter beater (my black SEL) gets finished (started) I will post photos.

Right now my son's current project (Nissan 4x4 pickup) is still in progress. He is building a "submarine" off-road truck. All of the electronics have been installed on the ceiling of the cab; intake is a snorkel; exhaust will be dual pipes ala semi style. Then we have the SVT-WGN to complete (bumpers, side skirts, rear spoiler and rear bumper.) The big stuff is quick. The little details take all the time.

Edited by SHO-WGN
  • Like 1

j753rs.jpg

Rusty, I saw your post about wanting the new Interceptor wheels (18 inch five spoke black steel wheels with center caps). One possible idea is to find a set of Lincoln LS aluminum 17 inch five spoke wheels and paint them black. They have a flat five spoke shape, albeit one inch smaller diameter. They do fit Generation 4 Taurus (you need the Lincoln lug nuts). Then just paint them black (PlastiCote or whatever). When Project winter beater (my black SEL) gets finished (started) I will post photos.

Right now my son's current project (Nissan 4x4 pickup) is still in progress. He is building a "submarine" off-road truck. All of the electronics have been installed on the ceiling of the cab; intake is a snorkel; exhaust will be dual pipes ala semi style. Then we have the SVT-WGN to complete (bumpers, side skirts, rear spoiler and rear bumper.) The big stuff is quick. The little details take all the time.

Hey that could work! Looking foward to the pics of your wheels. That truck sounds pretty mean, too.

vq1rt1.jpg

Not sure if this is of any interest, but if anyone wants to download a copy of the Ford Fleet Police Brochure, just click on the image.

• Like 1

I have yet to see one. I think a ton of our local townships bought a ton of new CVPI's and Impalas to last em for awhile.

I have yet to see one. I think a ton of our local townships bought a ton of new CVPI's and Impalas to last em for awhile.

Same here. I have yet to see a new Taurus or Explorer police.

i only seen the undercover police Taurus and Explore they only got 1 of each. but they did just get a s**t ton of crown vics. must of been the last of them.

Look at the undercover car. Your average Joe is not going to notice the difference between a regular Taurus and the PI. Wow.

1342634478[/url]' post='50907']

vq1rt1.jpg

Not sure if this is of any interest, but if anyone wants to download a copy of the Ford Fleet Police Brochure, just click on the image.

This booklet is fantastic, thanks! Ford engineered a lot more police-specific features into these cars than I originally thought. blink.gif

I am now officially planning to pick up one of those decommisioned TPI sedans in about 3-5 years... ph34r.gifcool.gif

1342635283[/url]' post='50908']

Well, Schaumburg PD has at least one Police Interceptor Utility in service now. happy.gif I just passed one that was stopped in a subdivision near my house- they were apparently running LIDAR enforcement on the adjacent road. No picture taken due to the circumstances, but it was painted all black with steelies/hubcaps, a red & blue LED lightbar on the roof, and white outlined 'ghost' markings on the doors.

This is a new color scheme compared to SPD's current fleet, actually.

a262bea3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

You've narrowed it down to the city I was in.... the joys of a crappy phone is the inaccurate GPS so Devin can't stalk you.

Wow...that isn't too far from my house, maybe an hour.

Well well well, good ol' York PA has finally lept into the new age. New Interceptors are popping up around. Couple weeks or so ago, I saw a blue unmarked drive past the shop, then saw one yesterday parked, and one blew by me this AM headed to a call. I know a cop or two, maybe I can set up a photoshoot. Or I'll just get deliberatley pulled over and hope the cop that pulls me over is a nice guy :lol: