New Police Tauruses Hit The Streets!

Some pictures of the new Police Interceptor have been slowly coming in from actual police departments that now have them in service...

Here's some I found from a department up here in Canada...

7184602340_2e779fbca2_z.jpg

7184612218_8c0f1d667f_z.jpg

7184626570_478c6da935_z.jpg

7184669344_87bf44e15b_z.jpg

7184656474_6622f14f75_z.jpg

*Chills*

Notice that the doorhandles on the car are blue (the same as the front and rear ends)... This makes me think that the car was painted 100% blue at the factory and then the third party equipment installer used a vinyl wrap on the doors... Soooo, in 3 years when this car is retired from duty, peel off the white vinyl and you have a 100% blue car again... It might just find a new home in my garage... Especially the Ecoboost AWD version.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Anyways, please feel free to post any other pics of the new PI in action on this thread. I know I will be!

Edited by mmmfloorpie
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The side of that car makes me think of Naughty By Nature.

Rusty, I saw your post about wanting the new Interceptor wheels (18 inch five spoke black steel wheels with center caps). One possible idea is to find a set of Lincoln LS aluminum 17 inch five spoke w

Posted Images

Ill talk to some of the polices in fargo... i caught wind of maybe them getting a few...

im really having that column shift in those!!

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

Edited by Shady_J

Column shift maximizes real estate for radios/computers/radar units and other police toys.

I like that slot mount design on the console...

I spy a handy storage bin/gun locker in the passenger side dashboard. ph34r.gifhappy.gif

Is that what that thing is? I like the plastic floors. No having to clean pesky carpet...

:P

Warning, this picture is pretty giganto, so you can see details, but be careful clicking it! lol

post-12-0-52663500-1336960641_thumb.jpg

I know where you took that picture Sean!

Those hubcaps look like they were styled from the SHO wheel.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N+33%C2%B0+58'+57.80+W+81%C2%B0+14'+6.36&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=42.573255,-82.914672&sspn=0.008486,0.019226&t=h&z=16

Pics taken on most smart phones contain the GPS coordinates in the EXIF data. I always wipe that clean before uploading photos online from my phone.

Look at that front ATF cooler! The EcoBoost/AWD pursuit cars are going to be so wicked...

I'd rather see a fat intercooler in there, tranny cooler can be stuffed in above it.

I love that GB still runs all crown vics, they are loyal to the classics, I can't wait till I see the new interceptor in persuit action, the neighboring town of ashwaubenon has a new caprice that I have seen several times.

I also can personally say anything has to be better than the impala ppv since i have driven one now for a few days, the ergonomics are terrible in that car, mirrors are so small, not to mention the 1 i was driving is beat to hell and back.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N+33%C2%B0+58'+57.80+W+81%C2%B0+14'+6.36&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=42.573255,-82.914672&sspn=0.008486,0.019226&t=h&z=16

Pics taken on most smart phones contain the GPS coordinates in the EXIF data. I always wipe that clean before uploading photos online from my phone.

You've narrowed it down to the city I was in.... the joys of a crappy phone is the inaccurate GPS so Devin can't stalk you.

You've narrowed it down to the city I was in.... the joys of a crappy phone is the inaccurate GPS so Devin can't stalk you.

Hahaha. I tried the one you took with the tire in your trunk. Wayyyyy off. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Finally spotted it up close and personal, next to a fellow crown vic. It is the only one gb has so far.

post-1708-0-22848500-1339386374_thumb.jp

The Marathon county sheriff here in Wausau has a few brown unbadged Tauri with ecoboost engines.

I guess I've been neglecting my own thread!

New7.jpg

That pic of the Green Bay one is hoooot! I like them better without the bumper guard. Makes them meaner.

I guess I've been neglecting my own thread!

New7.jpg

That pic of the Green Bay one is hoooot! I like them better without the bumper guard. Makes them meaner.

The side of that car makes me think of Naughty By Nature.

• Like 1

Personally I like a cop car with a rammer bar better but Green Bay took them all of them off their fleet the past few years, maybe to blend in more, but I think a cop car needs the bar to complete the look. I will agree the new interceptors look good either way. Green Bay has an expedition and a f250 for the nasty jobs. I am assuming they removed them for stealth and to make the cars look less menacing on approach, but the headlights of a crown vic will be remembered for a long time.

Personally I like a cop car with a rammer bar better but Green Bay took them all of them off their fleet the past few years, maybe to blend in more, but I think a cop car needs the bar to complete the look. I will agree the new interceptors look good either way. Green Bay has an expedition and a f250 for the nasty jobs. I am assuming they removed them for stealth and to make the cars look less menacing on approach, but the headlights of a crown vic will be remembered for a long time.

post-308-0-23297900-1339468473_thumb.jpg