Sign in to follow this  
TaurusDailyDriver

Car Of The Month May 2012

A quick note from the Admin at Taurus and Sable Owners' Club:

Just to let everyone know since we do have quite a few newer members, I want to be clear on how to run for Car of the Month:

You'll need to go down to the "Car of the Month" subforum.

Create a NEW thread for your car, and your car alone. That thread IS your entry.

Entries are accepted the 1st through 20th of the month, with voting the 21st through 30th.

You'll need a few pictures of your car, a list of modifications, and any other info about your car!

Please consider the Official Rules: http://www.taurusown...our-submission/

Now that I am pretty much done with the modifications.. well the major ones at least, figured I should give this a shot. Especially since I have some competition!

The Specifics:

2006 Ford Taurus SE

Silver Frost

Vulcan 3.0L OHV V6

AX4N Transmission

Built in May 2005 in Atlanta

Current Miles: 113,900

The car was purchased in early 2006 from a dealer to be used as my dad's car. Instead of him trading it in, I took it over in June 2010 and it had 74k miles at the time. I of course had to personalize it. This is what it looked like until June 2011 when the modifications really began.

30jjxx1.jpg

The Modifications:

Car Starter (Installed when it was my Father's car)

New Michelin X-Radial Tires

Steering Wheel Cover

G4.5 Five Spoke Factory Alloy Wheels (My Favorite Taurus Wheels to Replace Hubcaps and Steelies)

Factory Style Spoiler with Brake Light/ Replacement of Rear dash carpet for cars with spoilers with brake light delete (Dark Grey)

Amber Rear Turn Signals

Chrome Grille

Mach Audio System

Underdash Green LED Lighting with Switch

Silverstar 9007 Bulbs

Woodgrain ICP Surround Bezel

Autodim Mirror With Compass (GNTX-177)

NOS Vinyl OEM Ford Taurus Floor Mats

Heated Mirrors with Puddle Lamps and Painted Mirror Caps

6 Disc CD Changer Custom Mounted in Trunk with Wagon Bracket

OEM Centennial Headlight Housings

Custom Made License Plate Frame with Taurus emblem

Factory Moonroof with Moonroof Headliner (This should make me win if nothing else haha!)

The Pictures:

33agbqq.jpg

qp5jr6.jpg

1917bk.jpg

vio0nt.jpg

6jelpw.jpg

zqyd0.jpg

j0flh2.jpg

:wub:

2n2av4.jpg

Thanks for checking out my car. Hope you like it!

It is definitely is not your average Taurus around here in Central New York! I will be honest that if I didn't find you Taurus fanatics, my car would be nothing like it is today. Thanks for the inspiration and ideas haha! I also do enjoy the compliments I get from others around here in CNY too!!

Of course, good luck to those running!

Regards,

Paul

she looks good bro. you did a great job on that moon roof!

good luck!

Thank you sir :) I appreciate it! That was definitely a fun, long and costly project that I am glad I got to pioneer on here!! I am glad how it came out. Makes my SE very unique. :D

So it is May folks.. which means nice weather. Detail up your cars, take fancy photos, and enter them for COTM (per the rules of course haha)! I want to have some good competition!!!

Thank you sir :) I appreciate it! That was definitely a fun, long and costly project that I am glad I got to pioneer on here!! I am glad how it came out. Makes my SE very unique. :D

So it is May folks.. which means nice weather. Detail up your cars, take fancy photos, and enter them for COTM (per the rules of course haha)! I want to have some good competition!!!

You know i would give you some competition with Gold but she is not running right now. so you got lucky this month :P very nice bull. moon roof came out very well. i might be adding that to my ever growing project list.

Well hopefully your bull has a speedy recovery!

Ha and thanks for the compliments. You sure you want to do that though!?? haha I think I got lucky.. :unsure: It could have been a disaster. Up to you though.. time and money. You need that. Lots of it.

So who else has not run for COTM yet? This is the time!!!!

She looks really good! Definitely a big difference from then to now. Those Gen 4.5 rims really complement the gen 4 in my opinion, just like the gen 4 rims go good with the gen 3. cool.gif Great job on the moon roof, you've inspired me to add one to the seemingly never ending future mod list on my bull.

I've definitely got some competition this month between you and Sean!

tsoc.png

Yes definitely a fan of the G4 rims on yours.. and oh I love my g4.5 rims. I was so excited when I got them hah. Almost a year ago now.. that was the first mod!

I'd love to see who takes on the moonroof challenge next, although I do not condone it! It was a pain and we hit a few bumps in the road but it worked out!

Yes glad to have some good cars to run against.. and speaking of competition, let's have a couple more people enter! I'll be out of the country without internet though for the majority of the voting so we will see what happens!!

• Like 1

I would run, with the sexiness of Australian power-folding mirrors, but... Ya know. :P

Oh geeze yes I know haha. I like the idea of power folding mirrors, but I also like my puddle lamps. Decisions decisions.

Good luck! That moonroof looks flawless, nice job.

Oh geeze yes I know haha. I like the idea of power folding mirrors, but I also like my puddle lamps. Decisions decisions.

Puddle Lamps for the win. can wait till i get LED ones done they are so much brighter then the stock ones. they almost light up the hole side of the car.

That moonroof came out pretty well! Good luck!