I Know, I Have Been Scarce....but Pretty Good Reason!

As some of you know, I have gotten into storm chasing, and I try to do my best at whatever I grab onto.....

Well, there's been a LOT of online courses, and last weekend, there was a trip to Norman, OK for some actual sit in the classroom and take notes the jolly old school way. I took a class on Severe Weather Forecasting, and I wound up with......

SWFCert.jpg

This bad boy! In case it hard to read, I have achieved technical certification in Basic Severe Weather Forecasting. This place is pretty stringent on grading, so I must have done quite well to make the grade!

I also went on my first storm chase Thursday night, nothing too exciting. Saw some rotation, and got a little hail, but it was still great to get out and put what I have learned to use out in the real world.

Plus my truck has a few new merit badges, LOL

Tim

• Like 2

Thanks, guys.

This is just the beginning, too....since February, I have collected certs for NWS Certified Storm Spotter, Principles of Convection (3 of them), and this Severe Weather Forecasting class. There's more coming too.

Tim

• Like 1

I know, who'd have thunk it?

LOL

Tim

No idea...

teehee

But again, congrats on the cert.

Thanks again, Trevor.

You know, I am waiting to see some of your accomplishments. I know you were trying to do the Met Ed stuff.

Tim

Tim, I have apparently taken hiatus from MetEd. It was put on the backburner, then alot of s**tski has been going on and that backburner flame has extinguished. But I plan to get back on it here shortly. I don't wanna just do a course here and there as time allows, I would like to wait until I can stick to a schedule with the courses, ya know?

I know what you mean. The one I am working on has been neglected, however, maybe I can tie it off tonight.

It's also an intermediate level module that has been a real b***h.

Tim

Nice. I don't think I got to an intermediate level one yet. But the next one might be, if I recall.