steveg1988

Best Way To Remove Dealer Pinstriping

what is the best/easiest way to do it, sarah has hers peeled off in spots, and is moslty deteroiated looking

If it's stripe tape, just heat it up a little with a heat gun and use a plastic razor to scrape it off...

If it's stripe tape, just heat it up a little with a heat gun and use a plastic razor to scrape it off...

I will try that, should i do it early in the AM when the metal is ice cold, so the heat gun will have more of an effect on the striping

I will try that, should i do it early in the AM when the metal is ice cold, so the heat gun will have more of an effect on the striping

No, the warmer the better outside, less heat needed from the heat gun.

Now when you remove the pinstripe, will there be any difference in the appearance of the paint that was underneath the striping being that that it wasn't exposed to the sun like the rest of the body panel?

Now when you remove the pinstripe, will there be any difference in the appearance of the paint that was underneath the striping being that that it wasn't exposed to the sun like the rest of the body panel?

Probably. Where mine is chipping off, I can see a difference in the paint. Probably all depends on colors, though. Mine is white, shows every damn imperfection.

as mine is silver, probably not that big of a mis-match.

Probably. Where mine is chipping off, I can see a difference in the paint. Probably all depends on colors, though. Mine is white, shows every damn imperfection.

As much as I liked my 1996 Ciera, it was a b***h to keep clean being that it was white. I was thinking about taking the pinstripe off the Centennial, but I was afraid that there would be a difference in the paint. Being that the car's black, I'm thinking you'd still be able to see the difference when the sun is shining on it.

as mine is silver, probably not that big of a mis-match.

Probably not. I wouldn't really worry about it with silver paint.B)

As much as I liked my 1996 Ciera, it was a b***h to keep clean being that it was white. I was thinking about taking the pinstripe off the Centennial, but I was afraid that there would be a difference in the paint. Being that the car's black, I'm thinking you'd still be able to see the difference when the sun is shining on it.

Probably. White and black suck.

I agree, a 2003 silver car should have no problem after removing the stripes, I mean, unless the paint is super sun-damaged already.

1332289042[/url]' post='42346']

Belt sander - ;)

This man's ideas should be followed without question. ph34r.gif