• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated. As always, we appreciate ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $1,000.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. You are always free to make a standard donation towards the forums, but if you aren't already a paid member, your donation can include extra benefits!   Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
Chris F.

Cotm November 2012

25 posts in this topic

Since I've finally got my licence and got the Bull all put back together & running, I guess I should give her a try at this.

She's a 1999 Ford Taurus LX, 3.0 Vulcan V6 With The AX4S Transmission

Stock she was pretty much a base-model Taurus with a few accessories (Tape Deck, Hubcabs).

Her Story:

She was given to me 2 years ago by my uncle. After a thorough cleaning she looked almost brand-new. (I wonder why I got a job as a car-detailer laugh.gif) I saved money up from working to put into her, and I brought her back better than ever. I still have many plans for this car in the future.

Mods:

• Removed Intake Silencer
  • Replaced Stock Floor Mats With Rubber Ones
  • Chrome Door Pulls
  • Custom SHO-Vulcan Gauge Cluster
  • Sable Burlwood Door & Dash Trim
  • Footwell Lights
  • Door Courtesy Lights
  • 2002 16" Gen4 5-Spoke Wheels
  • White Mirror Housings With Heated Mirrors
  • Mach Audio RCU & Tweeters
  • Clear Corner Lights
  • LED "Cool White" Interior Lights With Green Footwell Lights
  • PIE FRDR-AUX Adapter

On To The Pictures:

0315121732.jpg

0315121727-edited.jpg

0315121734a.jpg

0315121736.jpg

0315121734.jpg

0315121733b.jpg

0315121733a.jpg

0315121733.jpg

0315121734c.jpg

0315121736a.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

And For The Voting Picture:

0315121735a.jpg

Thanks For Viewing My Bull!

-Chris

Good Luck To All This Month.

Edited by Chris F.
1 person likes this

She looks good!

The 5 spoke wheels look awesome on a gen 3. Great work

cool.gif Stylin LX!! my favorite trim, next to SHO!

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

Thanks a lot guys! I put a lot of work into this car, and as I get more money together, I hope to do more with her.

A while ago, Sean messaged me & asked if I wanted to run for April COTM. I said yes, but I forgot to ask him to change the Title. Can an Admin do this for me?

Chris, you can actually do that yourself, I think. Not sure, maybe it only works if you bought a membership, but I can do it. Click 'edit' on the first post, and 'go advanced'.

She looky damn good. Super clean.

Chris, voting usually stars the 20th, but since it was just us for April, I'll let it slide lol.

So it'll be u and me for voting for april. Ill have devin set up a voting thread tonight.

Very, very nice. It is certainly up to my standards, and there are several members that have seen my now former Taurus who know I have high standards.

Good work!!!

Nice car and super clean is right!!

White is always a nice color ;)

Just an update, they wanted us to try a new paint sealant at work, and it took all of the wax off of everybody else's cars. However, she's got 2 layers of wax & a fish oil protectant so it didn't even break the seal on her. Plus shes still smooth as butter as that long time spent claying, buffing, and waxing her really pays off! No car beads water like mine... ph34r.gif

She looky damn good. Super clean.

Thanks a lot!

Chris, voting usually stars the 20th, but since it was just us for April, I'll let it slide lol.

So it'll be u and me for voting for april. Ill have devin set up a voting thread tonight.

Ohh boy, this months gonna be close! laugh.gif Two really good cars!

Very, very nice. It is certainly up to my standards, and there are several members that have seen my now former Taurus who know I have high standards.

Good work!!!

I try to keep my car as clean as possible, I inherited that trait from my dad, he wouldn't let any one drink or eat in his car & I'm the same way. lol

Nice car and super clean is right!!

White is always a nice color ;)

Thanks! White looks good on any car, especially on yours. cool.gif

Its funny because my dad always drove black cars and my uncle always drove white. huh.gif

I try to keep my car as clean as possible, I inherited that trait from my dad, he wouldn't let any one drink or eat in his car & I'm the same way. lol

I am that way, too. My kids were trained from birth not to touch the paint or glass. No one can eat in the car. I will allow water if it is in a resealable bottle. Don't be hesitant to tell someone NOT to touch the glass or paint...and gods help anyone who slams the door. That's why I don't own a gun.

Nice looking Gen3!! I like the G4 wheels on it, much nicer than the steelies with hubcaps like my Gen3 is sporting.

I am that way, too. My kids were trained from birth not to touch the paint or glass. No one can eat in the car. I will allow water if it is in a resealable bottle. Don't be hesitant to tell someone NOT to touch the glass or paint...and gods help anyone who slams the door. That's why I don't own a gun.

Haha, everyone that knows me, knows that I'm like this with my car and doesn't want to test me... But I pitty the person who does ph34r.gif

Nice looking Gen3!! I like the G4 wheels on it, much nicer than the steelies with hubcaps like my Gen3 is sporting.

Thanks, I like your Gen 3 too! The 5-Spokes really "flow" with the Gen 3 style in my option.

If you want a different look for your Taurus, I still have my '99 style hubcaps & the're in 95% condition.

Well, seeing as a voting thread never got made... how about we just run for May? lol... sorry.... :/

Well, seeing as a voting thread never got made... how about we just run for May? lol... sorry.... :/

Haha, well that sounds good! biggrin.gif

So apparently I'm running for August....

Well an update, at the end of last month she hit 150K & runs smother than ever with the rebuild.

IMAG0010.jpg

The other night a girl backed into me full force and messed up my front bumper. With a bit of elbow grease she looks almost brand new! (I've gotta get some new bumpers soon.)

IMAG0019.jpg

I've also got a PIE adapter, LED interior lights (with Green footwell lights), and clear corners on the way! cool.gif

New rules! All entries roll over to the next month :) Since you and I had both been trying to run for a while now, I figured it would be acceptable to bump you forward too.

Very clean Bull you got there. Keep up the good work :)

Very clean Bull you got there. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks! There's still a lot work to go, the list never ends!

I just got my LED interior lights & my clear corners today! (Sorry I'm not the best at taking night pictures...)

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

The green footwell lights match the dash really well & add some more color to the inside! (Even though the pic doesn't show it very well) I replaced the dome light & my door lights with Cool White LEDs, now I just gotta replace the ash tray & glove box lights once I put the glove box light in. The clear corners light up amber despite the fact that there's a clear bulb in them... huh.gif Still waiting on my PIE adapter.

Congratulations on your win, Chris!!!!!

Thanks a bunch guys!! It really means a lot now that my car is a COTM! She's got a lot ahead of her, its been fun so far and a great learning experience. I wouldn't trade her for anything!

What we love to hear!!!

And congrats dude!!!

Now, Boss, or one of you mods, Get this man a COTM ribbon LOL!!

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

Hey! I said I'd get it done as soon as I had my laptop out! :D