BIGCJ

C.j's, Gold Nightmare, Project Log/build Log

07102011620.jpg

07102011622.jpg

07102011623.jpg

i got most of the top end taken care of. now i just got to get the bottom end. Glad i can move now. should be done by the end of the month.

Edited by BIGCJ

The block can't be saved. that girl has holes in place there shouldn't be holes. but this is just a speed bump for Gold Nightmare Engine Swap Stage 2.

The projects are back first on my list is the Quad projector retro. i should of had it done by now..

This is going to be my thread were I'll post all my projects for my 04 Taurus (aka: Gold Nightmare) instead of making a thread on each one.

What's happening now! Updated 8/19/12

Projects have resumed.

All projects have been halted until new engine has been installed.

• Working On Driver Side Quad Projector Headlight
  • Building Custom Cluster
  • Working on custom LED lighting

Project List Updated 3/20/12
  1. Quad Projector Retrofit (Building Now)
  2. Led Tail Lights (Ready To Start Building)
  3. Custom Fog lights (Still In The Works)
  4. Custom interior (Most Parts Acquired) (building custom cluster now)
  5. Custom BodyKit (Still In The Works)
  6. Audio system overhaul (This One Ties Into Custom Interior)
  7. Engine Swap (Acquiring Parts)
  8. Turbocharging (Ready To Start When Time Comes)
  9. Custom exhaust (Ties Into Turbocharging)
  10. Suspension Overhaul (Still In The Works)
  11. Brake Upgrades (Still In The Works)
  12. Much, Much, Much, And Much More (Trust Me :D)

I will update this as i go along this list and as i get the parts.

3/12/2012

my main project is the retrofit witch i have started work on Left Side Headlight .

IMG_8954.jpg

I have already started cutting, this Friday i need to get another tool, then i need to do a little more cutting then i can making the brackets. will update on Friday

3/20/2012

How-to's coming soon!

how to make custom LED puddle lights (coming soon!)

how to add center console with shifter to a non-floor shifter gen 4.

how make a custom LED Cluster (Making Now)

how to build a custom LED dome light

how to change the color of dash the dash lights (this is areal hard one)

Feels good working on my project list again. gives me something to do with all my new found free time.

08142010737.jpg

this one is making my head hurt. i don't have a lot of space i do not want to go outside the headlight. so i got to work with this little space to make a turn signal able to been seen 200 feet away in daylight. trying to follow the laws somewhat.

My DRLs have been worked out. i came up with a deign for the turn signal, don't like it but it will work. i could try reworking my old one.... still in debate with myself about that.

So when i get over my extreme laziness I'm going to install my LED cluster. i sine Gold is acting funny I'm going to set my plans back to leave town. so i got time to get the LED puddle done. they are extremely bright. lot more brighter then the incandescent puddle lights on ours cars. as for the quad projector retro i just been lazy.

08222010772.jpg

08222010780.jpg

08222010782.jpg

Prototype 4 is now in the car for testing. i'll let y'all be the judges on the output.

If this design can hold to the in car testing. it will be the design i will use for the ones I'm going to sell.

Both sides done now.

08232010803.jpg

08232010798.jpg

</h6><h6 data-ft="{" type":1,"tn":"k"}"="" class="uiStreamMessage userContentWrapper">

08222010784.jpg

Story to what i addressed in prototype 4. "Some modification required.... this is the passenger mirror.

The last prototype failed after to 1 hour due to overheating. So I spent hours

thinking of different ways to keep it cool. Completely getting rid puddle lamp

housing was the most cost effective way of doing. It took days for me to think

of a way to control voltage. In my lab my voltage is stable at 13 volts. But in

the car it’s a different story. When it’s on voltage is not stable. it could be

anywhere from 12.9 to 14.3 with spikes up to 14.8. Anything above 14 would

smoke the LEDs without any protection. So were a driver would be good to keep

the LEDs at a safe 12.5 volts when the car is on or off. But it’s not cost

effective. So with back to the drawing board. I found resistors be a good way of

controlling the voltage and keeping cost down."

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage userContentWrapper" data-ft="{"type":1,"tn":"K"}"></h6>

08262010827.jpg

they are much brighter in person.i love them its been about 100 hours. right i'm working on deign for the diffuser.

I'm going to try to get the driver side headlight done this month and ready for molding.

puddle lights still work.

Cleaned out the hole and put my new table in.

09162012857.jpg

Got 2 spoilers for free!

09162012854.jpg

the small one will go on the roof. the big I'm going to use to make the bottom part of my spoiler in my design

IMAG0148.jpg

Quad projector headlights coming soon....

• Like 1

475172_190167734451293_1190953364_o_zps40f79be1.jpg

This is what i got done on the driver side so far. all i got is mount the E55 and install it. that's about 5 hours of work.

Its been awhile but I'm back now! This year I'm focusing lighting, aesthetics and suspension I'm ditching the quad retrofit for something different. The car's paint has seen better days, so i will be addressing that this year. the last thing i want to get done is adding a sway bar to the rear and swapping the front sway bar out.

So far i added a mach 1 chin spoiler and i have centennial headlights that i will be modifying soon.

how she looks now.

1926692_459619020839495_4677609869733202

20150429_114826_zpsuo0ocgfr.jpg

Its been awhile sine i gave a update. I'm currently in the process of overhauling the suspension. I was able get my hand on a set Eibach
 springs, witch is the reason for the overhaul.  I'm also converting the rear drums to disc brakes.

As of right now i have the front end almost done. I wasn't thinking and ordered 2 left side sway bar links, So now I'm just waiting the right side link to come in.

20150430_222335_zpsispab9fr.jpg

The rear on the other hand... Well i have the sway bar in. Its a 19mm. I got one of caliper on, i still need to modify brackets for ABS. Then i just got to install the emergency brake cables. The struts on the other. I was going to reuse the hardware form the old ones, but quickly found out that wasn't happen  Sine the front has new hardware. I might as well do the rear too.

As for why the right rear spindle is missing. I broke the bolt holding the strut in place And it will be easier to drill it out on my bench.

That's some tough work - but good on you for doing on your own and getting it done right.  Hope the new suspension setup works out.  That grill looks brand new, wow.

No rust helps.... 

• Like 1

A few years in the rust belt definitely hasn't help me one bit.Thankfully I'm done breaking seized hardware free, just a waiting a game now.

That's some tough work - but good on you for doing on your own and getting it done right.  Hope the new suspension setup works out.  That grill looks brand new, wow.

I love a challenge, its what keep me going. Only thing is, I'm kind of hating myself for not getting 24/26mm combo when i had the chance too. But the 19mm should be enough for now.

I spray painted that grill a year ago, I'm shocked by how well it has held up. Still looks like i just painted it!

Sine i can't do anything else until parts arrive. I finished up the brackets and completed left side disc brake conversion.

20150502_134603_zpshedk3rwt.jpg

Getting the holes right for the ABS sensor was probably the hardest part.

20150502_145603_zps7k5qty9b.jpg

I'm going to replace the shield later.  Sine i can't stand all that rust!

20150502_154441_zpsfnh922fc.jpg

20150502_155017_zpsnqc67jbf.jpg

I'm far from done but i had to put the wheel back on just to get taste.

• Like 1

Few weeks ago i finished up my current modifications. I wasn't expecting much from the 19mm. Caught me off guard when the car went sideways for the first time. It doesn't under steer as much and the back end feels way more planted compared to when it didn't have a rear sway bar.

The brakes even had me saying wow. One of my biggest concerns was screwing up the bias and, or losing braking performance. Thankfully none of that happened. It takes a little more pedal effort, but it has little more bite in the rear. Stability under braking Is also improved, Some of that due to the suspension overhaul. There is still some room for improvement, but it feels like a different car now.

I also picked up some very cheap seats. They were in great shape for how much i paid. Only thing was since they from a gen 4 and not a Gen 4.5 it took a little modification and swapping of parts to keep the SRS happy.

20150504_181038_zps0ijm5h5a.jpg

A few photos

IMG_20150509_221344_zps9zej2dyw.jpg

IMG_20150519_023959_zpstget3ovr.jpg

20150509_191231_zpsqphpsrpo.jpg

20150509_191249_zpstjf1wufn.jpg

20150509_191314_zpshjphjhy3.jpg

A few more of the modified backing plates, Also ABS works like normal! :icon_smile:

20150507_202424_zpsdemmmwq1.jpg

20150507_202437_zpsqlhl86r5.jpg

• Like 1

I miss the swaybar that was on my '01. I used to exit the turnpike and almost go on two wheels. I would be doing 50 and the sign said 25 (was a very sharp curve before it was changed.) There was so little weight on the passenger side tires that the ABS would activate even though the brakes weren't on that hard. Never had any issues with control either.

I do have the 24/26 combo from Nick that I was planning on installing on the '04 but after seeing how bad the rust has become.... I don't really want to put them on now as the car will probably only last another couple years at best.  <_<

Your car is looking super sharp! Wish mine would look that good!

I miss the swaybar that was on my '01. I used to exit the turnpike and almost go on two wheels. I would be doing 50 and the sign said 25 (was a very sharp curve before it was changed.) There was so little weight on the passenger side tires that the ABS would activate even though the brakes weren't on that hard. Never had any issues with control either.

I do have the 24/26 combo from Nick that I was planning on installing on the '04 but after seeing how bad the rust has become.... I don't really want to put them on now as the car will probably only last another couple years at best.  <_<

Put the bars on. Then when the time comes, use them on your next Taurus.

PM sent....

since i don't use the radio in my center console anymore and miss having a car with a floor shifter. i converted the column shifter to a floor shifter.

20150617_200743_zpsivtb4nn8.jpg

20150617_211840_zpsvsu0irlc.jpg

20150624_181648_zpsy269igsc.jpg

20150624_182908_zpslwdmipcd.jpg

other than the two studs and having to find another bracket for the cable on the transmission. the swap was pretty simple. all the holes and wiring were already there.

• Like 2