Tomorrow Starts Mardi Gras......

And I sure miss the halcyon days of going to New Orleans with people I knew that were in it heavy.

Best memory of Mardi Gras......the folks I knew were in deep with Krewe De Iris, and they needed an extra parade vehicle. How handy, I had my '91 F150 with me! Being the forward thinking type, I went to the bead store before the parade.

I found out two things:

1. An F150 with the 4.9L I-6 and 4WD and manual transmission does a fabulous parade speed in low gear just crawling.

2. That truck saw more titties than my IROC-Z ever did, helped largely by the crazy asshole at the wheel screaming "SHOW ME YOUR TITS!" and throwing beads from the front windows.

Too bad things are different now....well....the crazy asshole still shouts for flashings, but no one is as obliging, and New Orleans isn't as obliging, either.

Tim

OMG we got Paczki from a bakery (like, a real, legit bakery where all they make today are paczki) this year.

First year I've ever had one from somewhere other than Kroger or Tim Hortons and OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD.

Never going back. They totally make the 500 calories per paczek worth it!!!!!

Oh yea Sean, the only real paczki are from a bakery, not the fast food wanna-be places. :lol: The local real ethnic bakeries here sold them by the 1000's yesterday. The local reports were close to 10,000 for one of the best shops in town. They open with a line out the front door at 4:30am and are busy till they close after 6pm. I only had 6 through the day yesterday and i'm paying for it today. :wacko: But they are sooooooo good fresh.

Moon pies.

I used to go crazy at mardigras. [used to being just last year laugh.gif]

We'd party until the sun came up! I cannot believe I completely forgot that it was upcoming until an old [ill-informed friend that didn't know I moved] called me and asked what I was doing for Mardi Gras.

I've gotten old fast. blink.gif

And I sure miss the halcyon days of going to New Orleans with people I knew that were in it heavy.

Best memory of Mardi Gras......the folks I knew were in deep with Krewe De Iris, and they needed an extra parade vehicle. How handy, I had my '91 F150 with me! Being the forward thinking type, I went to the bead store before the parade.

I found out two things:

1. An F150 with the 4.9L I-6 and 4WD and manual transmission does a fabulous parade speed in low gear just crawling.

2. That truck saw more titties than my IROC-Z ever did, helped largely by the crazy asshole at the wheel screaming "SHOW ME YOUR TITS!" and throwing beads from the front windows.

Too bad things are different now....well....the crazy asshole still shouts for flashings, but no one is as obliging, and New Orleans isn't as obliging, either.

Tim

Tim it was all I could do to keep from falling on the floor I was laughing so hard at your post!!

I didn't eat any paczki's this year. happy.gif Resisted the urge.

Sooo bad for you, haha.

Paczki is already plural.......

You didn't eat any paczki.

I gave up lint for Lent.

All serious though.....I havent done the Lent thing......ever...come to think of it.

Tim

Sent from my Garmin-Asus Garminfone

Im giving up Cigarettes and something else...

If i can make it over the 3 day hump ill be fine. im dying rright now though. damn.

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

I gave up sarcasm for Lent.

That lasted for about 14 minutes after I clocked in at work on Wednesday. mellow.gif

I'm surprised it lasted that long.

OK, so I quit my job today, but what I really gave up for lent was being sober. :Shady_J: