Bull Geek

1988 Lincoln Continental Shifter

Guys, I'm on the hunt for a 1988 (yes nineteen eighty eight) Lincoln Continental column shifter. It's a one year only design. It's a chrome plated metal shifter, straight shaft, no bends. Works on 86-89 Gen 1 Tauruses/Sables.

If you have one, can get one, I am interested. $20 for it max, $10 to ship it flat rate Priority mail, plus finders fee.

Columbia, SC 29229 is my location.

If you find one, please let me know. If the chrome is flaking off, I am not interested, but minor imperfections are fine.

I'll keep an eye out. This for the wagon?

I'll watch as well, I may be junkin' Saturday depending on the weather.

Yup it is.

the 3.blowheadgasket 8 doesn't make finding one any easier since many of them were scrapped for the HG issue and trans issues.

Thanks guys!

Soooooo not a 1986 then... :/

also you should send me a link of everything you're looking for for next time I go junkin'

Yea 86-87 Continentals have the old school weirdo shifter found in LTDs, Grandas, Zephyrs etc.

89 is when Ford changed the shifter again to a 1 year only bent shaft shifter which uses the old school grip on the end (like an 86-89 Taurus) but the bend of a 1990-95 Taurus shifter, using an 86-89 shift gate cover pattern.1990 Continentals use the same shifter as a Gen 1/2 taurus except it is chromed.

That is all I'm actually looking for right now...the rest of the stuff, like a A grade carpet floor is kind of crazy to ask for :lol: