Kev & Rusty's Hangout

Rusty

Yeah. Had a chance at an 86 coupe a couple years back, but finances were so ****** then. Still are, but not as bad.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excuse me, you haters....... But if you ever DROVE a 1990 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Touring Sedan with it's FE3 suspension, 10 way power sport seats, and go-kart like steering, you would see the light.

Sweet geometric Jesus. The Celebrity Eurosports have ALWAYS caught my eye. They were boxy, kinda plain, yet somehow very menacing. Yum!

Posted Images

But TBH, you hook that toronado up to any of those others and it will pull them all over town & not even overheat. :lol:

Agreed. The things came with an RV transmission (or is it the other way around?). That was a SOLID fwd setup. :B

Achieva SCX?! *head explodes* :D :D

Yessir. H.O. Quad 4 + 5spd = mmmmmmmmmmmmm baby!

We had an Achieva Quad 4 when I was in auto shop. I loved that Oldsmobile. The exhaust was rusted off, and if I floored it when driving it around the parking lot, I'd set off car alarms. Eventually the poor thing got junked :(

The author of that post, can go f**k themselves quite frankly.

185hp, well under 3000lbs, and with a 5-speed manual? I'd say it's pretty capable. Vulcans, Duratecs, and a handful of poorly running SHOs would probably get dusted by a car that looks like Groucho Marx.

I bet a little work, that Achieva would achieve more power and speed easily. Don't f**k with Oldsmobile. :ph34r:

I bet a little work, that Achieva would achieve more power and speed easily. Don't f**k with Oldsmobile. :ph34r:

Oh yeah, that engine, (with some time, and know how, of course,) is somewhat versatile, and could be pushing 225 or more without too much hassle.

Rusty, how about a Buick Riviera:

MyFord Touch? Move over! (I bet that system is more reliable too...)

eehhh......

I understand the desire for the Reatta...

...but I don't share in it. There was one here at the shop a while back, and up close and personal, it's even worse looking than in pictures. And yes, it was a bright red one, just like that. But I will take the Rivvi.

I can't find a Rivvi with that Graphic Touch screen system. The Reatta has it... I want that mainly lol

LOL yes they are getting rather elusive. But wasn't that the same system installed in the Toronado?

I don't know, I thought it was a Buick feature.

Well I know that the Toronado, same platform as the Riviera, had a super-computer in it, too.

Yup, touch-screen. Whether it is the exact same or not, I don't know, but I would take it that it is. It was first in the Buick, though. First ever, actually, touchscreen CRT auto info system.

I only found the Olds Toronado Trofeo with that, but it appears to be a different system.

Only video/proof I can find of it:

But it's still a bit different from the Buick version. A bit more advanced in that 92 model with more buttons. Dunno if that's a touch screen