Kev & Rusty's Hangout

Rusty

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excuse me, you haters....... But if you ever DROVE a 1990 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Touring Sedan with it's FE3 suspension, 10 way power sport seats, and go-kart like steering, you would see the light.

Sweet geometric Jesus. The Celebrity Eurosports have ALWAYS caught my eye. They were boxy, kinda plain, yet somehow very menacing. Yum!

Posted Images

Sweet geometric Jesus. The Celebrity Eurosports have ALWAYS caught my eye. They were boxy, kinda plain, yet somehow very menacing. Yum!

I think it may be the black grille plate that makes it menacing.

Also, I am stealing part of your quote for my sig. I do hope it isn't copyrighted :lol:

I almost got one of these when Marilyn was down for the count last year. Corsica hatch. Not very common...

forgotten_hatch_chevy_corsica.jpg

Or how about the LTZ? I like these. They have a look to the front end that grabs me.

chevy_corsica_ltz_sedan_blue_front_1989.jpg

Oooooooooooooooh!!!! I like that Corsica hatch! I've never seen one of those before!!!

They are not common. Dare I call it a........ 'rare'...... Corsica? :huh::ph34r:

Odd thing is, when I went to test drive that one, right up the street from the guy's house was another! But it was wrecked in the front. Good for a parts car, though, because that hatch glass would be more expensive than the car is worth if it ever got busted.

Hey, Kev

Not a car, but look what I bought.

post-24-0-89182800-1329420682_thumb.jpg

You... got a PET...

I always loved Commodore PETS. Always loved Commodore Computers in general :wub:

Also, Imma say it, I think I like the Chevrolet Express 3500 more than my Ford E-250 Super Duty.

This is the ONLY good Oldsmobile in this thread.

Oldsmobile-Toronado-02.jpg

455 V8 Front wheel drive....... Enough said.

I disagree, I think all the Olds posted here are amazing Oldsmobiles.

Speaking of GM's though, this is my current van for work :P

IMG_0153e.jpg

She's got tons of character. At 120k miles, feels young at heart. I just love that it starts :P

Kev, I prefer the GM truck over the Ford, TBH. We have a 2005 Silverado 1500 2wd small V8 W/T for our parts runner at work. That thing has almost 160K hard, neglected, beat-the-s**t-outta miles and still runs like a ******* top. Hard to argue with that.

Granted my old 2000 Savana 3500 died, but I am sure that van was abused long before I had it. I can tell whoever owned this Express took care of it.

I disagree, I think all the Olds posted here are amazing Oldsmobiles.

Speaking of GM's though, this is my current van for work :P

IMG_0153e.jpg

She's got tons of character. At 120k miles, feels young at heart. I just love that it starts :P

Oh Kev, you know me, I like all cars. But TBH, you hook that toronado up to any of those others and it will pull them all over town & not even overheat. :lol: As with most GM's, most modern Olds were just rebadged chevys. :blink: OK, maybe a couple cosmetic changes too.

As someone who spent many of the formative years of my life riding in the back seat of a J-body '81 Olds Firenza, a '79 Impala, or a '88 Bonneville.... Y'all's crazy for pining for those crapboxes. Nostalgia I get, but WOW.

True, any Olds is a good Olds.

And speaking of General Motors, I am no longer in my Chevrolet Express. I really started to like that van. Now I am back in my pile of s**t E-250, I need to fix the engine hat because I can hear the sounds of the motor leaking, and wind. Whoever dicked with it didn't get it back on right. Has to be JUST right or it leaks sound, which sounds cool, but try talking on your cell phone (with bluetooth handsfree)

I did investigate my Express I had. Original engine/tranny based on the appearance, 120k miles running strong. My Ford honestly feels worse. But... They say it's fixed, and it has everything in it, so I went back in. And it has power mirrors.

So, Ford - Cars.

Chevrolet - Trucks/vans (Except Ford Raptor, I'd love a Ford Raptor)

Excuse me, you haters.......

But if you ever DROVE a 1990 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Touring Sedan with it's FE3 suspension, 10 way power sport seats, and go-kart like steering, you would see the light.

5436205116_23d657a366_z.jpg

I'll have you note that this car used REAL wood....far from a crapcan. As far as GM's front drivers go, I honestly believe this car to be a masterpiece, ranking higher than the Reatta, or even the Allante in my book.

If only the '93 model Northstar V8 with 300 HP was ready in 1990, and installed in this.....it would nearly be the perfect GM car.

Uh-oh. Maybe I start looking around....pick up a 98 Touring, and find me wiped out Bonneville GXP or Seville.......we all know how I like to turn a wrench.

Tim

• Like 2

Hey Tim. Don't forget the airplane shifter. That's out of the Toronado, you know. BTW you now have me contemplating taking out another loand and searching for one to buy :lol: