So I Came Across Some Vintage Ford Decals...

Where to put 'em?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Where should they go?

• Position 1
    • Position 2
    • Position 3
    • Position 4
    • Somewhere else, specify in post.

OK So I came across some vintage ford decals, given to me by one of the awesome parts guys over at the dealer I frequent. Had two small, two big. Put one small on the battery box, sent the other to Shady, as you see in his recent posting. Now I gotta figure out a place for the two big ones. The white on the decal is identical, if not damn near, to the white paint Marilyn is sporting. I have 4 places I think they would fit best, and can't decide which one. So figured I would leave the folks on the forum help me decide. Poll will run untill Saturday, when I will be applying said decal, so make your voice be heard! VOTE!

Position 1

0209121327.jpg

Position 2

0209121326.jpg

Position 3

0209121325.jpg

Position 4

0209121315.jpg

I thought about the trunk, but I've put decals there before, and it just didn't look right to me, kinda didnt seem right with the flow, ya know? I am more and more liking position three, though. I have another plan that would look good with the c-pillar if I opt of of puting the decal there.

Sorry, my choice is to not place the decals anywhere. First of all, it is redundant information. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge knows the Taurus is powered by Ford. The only exception I would ever remotely even consider was the Ford oval on an SHO replaced by a blue oval reading Yamaha (ha ha).

Second, I would remove the 24V plates from the side as well. Now at least you can surprise other Taurus drivers with acceleration (they think you are powered by Vulcan.) But that is a simple game.

Third, even the SE (or SEL or LX) insignia at the rear should be removed. The only exception here is what someone else did and that was to combine the "X" from the LX with the "SE" for a unique model designation. That one I did like (but then I am old and take all night to do what I used to do all night. Now just dream.)

Up here, putting decals, fake chrome hood scoops, flames is called (derisively) Canadian Tiring a car (auto store that sells add-ons.) Back in the old days, it was called "shaving" the car. I still prefer the clean, unencumbered look. When Project Winter Beater is finished (hopefully sooner than later), you can criticize my end result.

Around here, we call that the VatoZone effect.

I agree. Auto zone sells all that crap in upstate ny too.

I almost vomit a little when I see an excursion with those fake fendor vents.

I see a lot of Buick's with those 3 price mini fendor vents.

Or An expedition with the silly chrome 4x4 logo and "special edition " chrome-y. All from auto zone.

Blah

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

OK So I came across some vintage ford decals, given to me by one of the awesome parts guys over at the dealer I frequent. Had two small, two big. Put one small on the battery box, sent the other to Shady, as you see in his recent posting. Now I gotta figure out a place for the two big ones. The white on the decal is identical, if not damn near, to the white paint Marilyn is sporting. I have 4 places I think they would fit best, and can't decide which one. So figured I would leave the folks on the forum help me decide. Poll will run untill Saturday, when I will be applying said decal, so make your voice be heard! VOTE!

How about in the garbage?

I agree. Auto zone sells all that crap in upstate ny too.

I almost vomit a little when I see an excursion with those fake fendor vents.

I see a lot of Buick's with those 3 price mini fendor vents.

Or An expedition with the silly chrome 4x4 logo and "special edition " chrome-y. All from auto zone.

Blah

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

To me, when add on other manufacturers designs, it ruins the vehicle (i.e. the Buick portholes). Not to mention, people don't know what they mean. When you have 2 portholes on each side, it means that you have a Inline 4, 3 portholes means you have a V6 and 4 means you have a V8. People just add on a number of them on the side of their cars. It looks stupid!! Buick (to me) should be the only one with those because they introduced it in the 1940's or 1950's and should be able to use it in today's designs.

What, no likey the sticky plastic chrome? :lol:

IMAG0374-1.jpg

That looks horrible!! :puke:

I really hate portholes. They look like garbage even on Buick's.

I like the new Taurus' fender vent..chrome...thing. I wonder what that would look like on a gen 4...

Sorry guys, even the vent doesn't cut it. Please don't do it (install fake portholes or vents.) Keep the decals; put them on your toolbox, but not on the car. As I mentioned above, simple is my preference.

Pictured are three recent Fords: 2011 Ford Interceptor (based on 2010 SHO); 2013 Ford Taurus SHO and 2010 Ford Taurus SHO.

kdmihx.jpg

t9jcis.jpg

dmzq88.jpg

Of the three (and not because of colour either), my favourite is the Interceptor. Why? It has been extensively dechromed and debadged. In fact, I would even remove the blue oval in the grill and the side vents (painted black in the photo). Chrome does not make the car go any faster. The lines are clean and simple. Even the wheels follow the theme.

My second choice is the 2013 SHO. Ford simplified the grill (vast improvement over the previous model), but still has issues with the lower grill. Plus it still maintains the fake chrome side vents. Fake, like Buick portholes. FAKE!

The worst of the lot is the 2010 SHO. The design does not know which way it wants to go. Two different horizontal grill elements in the top and a third design in the bottom; way too much chrome (look at me, look at me, shiny stuff everywhere.) KISS concept: keep it simple silly.

I really hate portholes. They look like garbage even on Buick's.

I like the new Taurus' fender vent..chrome...thing. I wonder what that would look like on a gen 4...

I didn't mean to offend anyone, just stating my likings ^_^. I do like the new Taurus' vents as well.

Sorry guys, even the vent doesn't cut it. Please don't do it (install fake portholes or vents.) Keep the decals; put them on your toolbox, but not on the car. As I mentioned above, simple is my preference.

Pictured are three recent Fords: 2011 Ford Interceptor (based on 2010 SHO); 2013 Ford Taurus SHO and 2010 Ford Taurus SHO.

kdmihx.jpg

t9jcis.jpg

dmzq88.jpg

Of the three (and not because of colour either), my favourite is the Interceptor. Why? It has been extensively dechromed and debadged. In fact, I would even remove the blue oval in the grill and the side vents (painted black in the photo). Chrome does not make the car go any faster. The lines are clean and simple. Even the wheels follow the theme.

My second choice is the 2013 SHO. Ford simplified the grill (vast improvement over the previous model), but still has issues with the lower grill. Plus it still maintains the fake chrome side vents. Fake, like Buick portholes. FAKE!

The worst of the lot is the 2010 SHO. The design does not know which way it wants to go. Two different horizontal grill elements in the top and a third design in the bottom; way too much chrome (look at me, look at me, shiny stuff everywhere.) KISS concept: keep it simple silly.

I'm guessing you must like the stealth look then? ;) Like I stated above, I didn't mean to offend anyone, just stating my likings ^_^

No offence taken - in fact, I have to keep biting my lip to avoid direct, personal attacks. However, to clarify, my preference is simple, not stealth. One of the ugliest vehicles on the market was the Pontiac Aztec. The original Avalanche pickup was a close second. GM did improve with the next generation Avalanche because they cleaned up the exterior. Tacky add-ons just do not improve the appearance of any vehicle, ricer, Taurus, Mustang or GM. Keep it simple and clean. Monochromatic is my preference. Ya gotta remember I came of age in the 1950's. And those late fifties cars were some of the ugliest cars ever made, then, now and forever. Chrome, portholes, fins, three-tone paint - what were they thinking?

2itoeqe.jpg

Old ugly Avalanche

vfcf3q.jpg

Better looking Avalanche

Personally, I don't like it at all.

I would say the best thing would be to get it made into a vinyl decal without the backround, maybe the text in silver to match your spoiler and such, then put it on the rear window!

The sticker as it is now looks kinda silly.... like a bumper sticker or something, but it isn't on the bumper.... :/