Any Thoughts Or Ideas On This Sound System?

Hey guys. Ive been trying to figure out what I want to do with my car's sound system, and I think I have my plans sorted out. What do y'all think of this?

1: JBL RCU with JBL subwoofer. I will also have a Mach, Im buying both...not sure which will be better.

2: Mach Tweeters

3: Pioneer TS-G6843R x4

Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-G6843R 6 x 8 In. 2-Way Speaker with 180 Watts Max. Power: Car Electronics

4: Stock headunit.

So...any thoughts on how this would sound? Suggestions, comments, ideas?

Edited by CJpilot
  • Like 1

Wow that's a hell of a price on those. I might have to return my stockers and get a pair while I still can!

Hey guys. Ive been trying to figure out what I want to do with my car's sound system, and I think I have my plans sorted out. What do y'all think of this?

1: JBL RCU with JBL subwoofer. I will also have a Mach, Im buying both...not sure which will be better.

2: Mach Tweeters

3: Pioneer TS-G6843R x4

Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-G6843R 6 x 8 In. 2-Way Speaker with 180 Watts Max. Power: Car Electronics

4: Stock headunit.

So...any thoughts on how this would sound? Suggestions, comments, ideas?

Personally, I'd shelve the idea of going with Pioneer mids. Although reviews are descent, most come from folks who will never put the pair to the test as far as output goes. These speaks run 30W RMS which, in my opinion, is completely unsatisfactory. Most after market head units are going to push 50+W per channel on 4 channels, if not more so 30W RMS simply won't do.

I replaced my stock setup with the Polk DB571s. These babies can take 60W RMS and still max out at 180W. They're better-constructed, better quality, and can handle more power.

As far as price, Amazon sells them for $59.94 and that includes shipping. No tax as usual. Just my opinion. If $ is no object I'd recommend JL Audio. LOL!

41a%2B4YEptJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by LzzrdBoy

:rolleyes:

Here we go with the JL Audio again. If money was no object there is SO much equipment out there far superior to anything JL has, or will produce....

As for the original posters concerns. What exactly are you looking for. A basic upgrade from the stock speakers? Consdering that most aftermarket decks are putting out around 17W rms and you are using stock equipment I think you will be fine with your original selection.

Although reviews are descent, most come from folks who will never put the pair to the test as far as output goes

Please do not assume because they may not be up to your standards that the people reviewing them are incapable of writing a review on their use. The experience is subjective... You may feel you need a 60W rms speaker, but whats the point if you are not driving it with a 60W RMS per channel amplifier??

These have a conservative 35w rms rating and high sensitivity, these would be perfect for a MACH setup.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5021_Boston-Acoustics-S85.html?SearchClickout%5Bquery_id%5D=5980745&SearchClickout%5BIgnore%5D=1

Once again, even on this board, opinions are obviously not permitted.

Thanks for the reminder!

I appreciate the input man, ill definitely look into those if I get a more powerful system. For now though, I think those Pioneers are perfect for pairing to the JBL or Mach...and perfect for my budget! :)

• Like 1

Have you considered a small sub and amp? The JBL or mach will drive the stock speakers (with additional tweeters in the front) fantastically, but you won't get a super good amount of low frequency response. Pull some bass from the 6x8's, and let the sub do the down-low business. You will be AMAZED how solid your system sounds on stock speakers with some low end reinforcement. Aftermarket speakers could add some clarity, but just make sure they get powered right.

Stock audio adjustments are limited at best, and some frequencies could get away from you. I had a very hard time taming the higher midrange frequencies when I put a 96 Taurus JBL setup in my truck, and ran it off the stock HU. The mach tweeters seem a bit easier to control, since their crossover setting lets the 6x8 handle a lot more of the vocal mids.

• Like 1

I appreciate the input man, ill definitely look into those if I get a more powerful system. For now though, I think those Pioneers are perfect for pairing to the JBL or Mach...and perfect for my budget! :)

I've been around a few years and as a result, have been lucky enough to experience all types of setups and configurations during those years. It's very true to that you don't need to spend $ money on more power/power handling if you have no desire or need for it to begin with. My suggestion was merely based on the fact that a unit capable of handling a little more power may be a more viable option over the long haul. I would never recommend anyone go out and spend a ton of $ on JL or any other manufacturer/product unless that person intended to do something which would warrant such a recommendation. However, I think it's important you be aware of your options, without one person having to list all 456 of them. All that said, I'm sure the setup you've outlined will serve your purpose perfectly. May your audio inhibitions be freed and may you find peace with the world that is the interior of your personal, rolling, auditorium of a Bull. Uhhhh...yeah! I just said that!

Have fun bro and POST PICS when done!

Have you considered a small sub and amp? The JBL or mach will drive the stock speakers (with additional tweeters in the front) fantastically, but you won't get a super good amount of low frequency response. Pull some bass from the 6x8's, and let the sub do the down-low business. You will be AMAZED how solid your system sounds on stock speakers with some low end reinforcement. Aftermarket speakers could add some clarity, but just make sure they get powered right.

Stock audio adjustments are limited at best, and some frequencies could get away from you. I had a very hard time taming the higher midrange frequencies when I put a 96 Taurus JBL setup in my truck, and ran it off the stock HU. The mach tweeters seem a bit easier to control, since their crossover setting lets the 6x8 handle a lot more of the vocal mids.

Id be interested in putting a sub besides the JBL one...just not sure how to pair a separate amp to the JBL amp.

• Like 1

You could get an inexpensive line out put converter.

If you wanted to go with some decent power budget style, I'd pick up a Sundown SA-8, it will take a small enclosure, sealed or ported, and find a budget priced 500W-1000W rms amp. I think if you found this equipment used you could probably have a decent little system for about $200-$250. The SA-8's run around $100 used, and another $150 should get you a reasonably price, and decent output system.

You would splice into your rear speaker wires, run these into the high level side of the line output converter, which would give you a line out level to run to the new amp for the subs... You wouldn't need a crazy wiring set up to power a small amp like this either, a 4 AWG would probably be sufficent for this.

You'll have to register here but this link:

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/8-subwoofers/111202-sundown-sa-8-d2.html

$100 shipped for the sub

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/mono-amplifiers/111161-rf-p1000.html

$200 for the amp.

This sub will handle this amount of of power like a real champ.

Here is the LOC

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_20518_Raptor-LOCA45H.html

Once again, even on this board, opinions are obviously not permitted.

Thanks for the reminder!

Oh stop.

You wanted the original poster to purchase a set of speakers more powerful than he needs, and made the comment that if he had the money he should use JL. Neither of these were based on any merits.

Nothing wrong with a recommendation . Especially since most of the Polk speakers I've heard sound pretty decent, even when given power from an aftermarket head unit (similar RMS rating to the Mach amp). In the end, it's probably best if the end-user auditions some speakers, and lets THEIR ears decide what sounds best.

If it's any consolation, I DO have the money, and I wouldn't go with JL coaxials. Too 'bright' for my taste. Some people swear by them. Just not me.

Check out the Sundown e8v.2 if you want low-budget bass, with a high-dollar sound. 200w rms handling capabilities (saves $$$ on amplification), and in a ported enclosure, it will rock your world. I tried the e8v.1 in my Taurus, in a crappy enclosure. It was sufficiently horrifying right around the port frequency. 250w rms JL 250/1 amp driving it. It could certainly keep up with a mach-amplified set of stock speakers. It kept up with my Boston front components getting 4x the power he'll be sending his speakers. B) The infinity reference 8" sub has some good response as well, and those things are DIRT cheap. If you go with a small sub, do a ported enclosure. You will not regret that decision.

Like Ben said, a LOC from the rear speakers would work great (if using the mach amp). I'm not sure what kind of signal the JBL rcu sends to the sub/amp. If it's high-level, you can use the LOC. If it's low-level, you frankenstein-ing some RCA connectors off of it. It will likely be a mono signal.

I haven't used the E8 line... But this past summer I was doing sound competitions with one SA-10 and holding my own. Sundown makes great products that perform way above and beyond their expectations... And they price them where the average joe or the person with a small budget can afford them.

Im all set guys, thanks for all the input. I bought the JBL amp and sub from DWK on TCCA, and I am buying those speakers from Amazon within the next couple days. I think they will be perfect, and I know they are what Brian has paired to his Mach amp and he loves them. Once I get the money within the next couple weeks I will get the Mach from Durasel. Ill post comparison videos between the two, with pics of the setup. If I need any help ill make a post.

Thanks guys! :)

• Like 1
1328666549[/url]' post='40102']

Oh no...oh god...please dont say that! I thought it was compatible with Gen3 and 4...right?

Yes. TaurusKev had a JBL setup in his '05 SEx for about a year, and it performed flawlessly. You may just need to remove the middle child seat anchor from under the package tray in order to fit that JBL subwoofer under the shelf...

Im all set guys, thanks for all the input. I bought the JBL amp and sub from DWK on TCCA, and I am buying those speakers from Amazon within the next couple days. I think they will be perfect, and I know they are what Brian has paired to his Mach amp and he loves them. Once I get the money within the next couple weeks I will get the Mach from Durasel. Ill post comparison videos between the two, with pics of the setup. If I need any help ill make a post.

Are you going to try and run the JBL sub off of the Mach amp, or did you get a JBL rcu as well? As I recall, the mach rcu/amp doesn't have a connection for the JBL sub.

Can't wait to see the install! Don't forget about us CJ!