Sarah The 2Nd, Build Up

Duct tape. And a little bit of plutonium.

No need for plutonium. The Mr Fusion is working great.

naw, his CB antenna will take care of the power

Of course! Why else would it be there LOL

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is now legal,inspected, and running smooth as glass. This sunday i have to take her down to cape may NJ, should be fun.

Is that the motto that got you the name ATX assassin?

In the transmission warranty book "Anybody named Rusty is denied coverage"

No need for plutonium. The Mr Fusion is working great.

Of course! Why else would it be there LOL

Because you are secretly a KGB spy, and are using it to spy on people!

Because you are secretly a KGB spy, and are using it to spy on people!

What? No I'm not!

s**t, cover blown. Must silence Steve. Boys, get in here.

Back to the car stuff, i plan on doing plugs+wires next, at the next oil change (172k mi)

Car stuff? OH, right.

Yes, do those things :rofl2:

What? No I'm not!

s**t, cover blown. Must silence Steve. Boys, get in here.

I thought you'd never call.....

I thought you'd never call.....

See that guy over there standing by the silver Sable? Get rid of him. And no screwups this time.

1333767357[/url]' post='43623']

See that guy over there standing by the silver Sable? Get rid of him. And no screwups this time.

unsure.gif

Hey, I have a silver Taurus. Your goons from Stolichnayastan better not get them mixed up... ph34r.gif

anyone here use AC Delco plug wires, rockauto has em on sale for the taurus/sable

AC Delco stuff always worked pretty good on my Cutlass, but then that car wasn't nearly as picky as our bulls are. AC Delco is a good name, but if you can afford it, OEM is the way to go.

AC Delco stuff always worked pretty good on my Cutlass, but then that car wasn't nearly as picky as our bulls are. AC Delco is a good name, but if you can afford it, OEM is the way to go.

15 bucks on sale vs 40 bucks for motorcraft.

15 bucks on sale vs 40 bucks for motorcraft.

I say give it a shot, then. Hopefully they last you. I have aftermarkets on mine, put them in last Feb, and so far not any trouble. I forget what brand they were, though. But I will say this: If you ever find that you need a coil pack, then don't skimp, get Motorcraft.

You know that last screwup wasn't my fault! Consider the job done. But how does one tell the difference between a silver Sable and a silver Taurus? ph34r.gif Back on topic, I agree with Rusty, that coilpack should be a Motorcraft part to avoid future hassles.

You know that last screwup wasn't my fault! Consider the job done. But how does one tell the difference between a silver Sable and a silver Taurus? ph34r.gif Back on topic, I agree with Rusty, that coilpack should be a Motorcraft part to avoid future hassles.

The coilpack will always be a motorcraft part, i am probably not going to do that part til 200k mi.

You know that last screwup wasn't my fault! Consider the job done. But how does one tell the difference between a silver Sable and a silver Taurus?

If you can't figure that out on your own, then maybe I need to hire somebody else.

The coilpack will always be a motorcraft part, i am probably not going to do that part til 200k mi.

Steve, that's a good idea, especially if it's still original.

Steve, that's a good idea, especially if it's still original.

Yup, plugs/wires are cheap enough to do before then.

I have a theory as to why i have a new alternator and starter on the car.

Prior owner did not know the a/c compressor was going bad, but was having starting issues and possibly burnt out the starter due to the compressor having too much of a drag on the engine.

Later at pepboys, they install a new alternator and starter, it runs fine, but has random startup issues, which i later experienced. Owner donates it when told they could not fix it, purple heart sells it to an auto auction, when i buy it from a less than reputable dealership, and start to have similar issues, hard to start, slow turnover, etc. I replace the fuel filter which is clogged, the belt snaps later that weekend, indicating the crappy a/c compressor, put a new belt on to bypass it, causing the pepboys cracked power steering pulley to explode.

Is there a certain logic to my thought process there?

Is there a certain logic to my thought process there?

Yup. Replace everthing that says "Made in China from parts unknown for PepBoys market' :lol:

Yup. Replace everthing that says "Made in China from parts unknown for PepBoys market' :lol:

Heh, too expensive to do that, everything works properly.

Heh, too expensive to do that, everything works properly.

For now :ph34r:

:rofl: Nah, long as it works, f**k it. Wait till it breaks, then replace it. That's what I do.

For now :ph34r:

:rofl: Nah, long as it works, f**k it. Wait till it breaks, then replace it. That's what I do.

Edited by steveg1988
  • Like 2

Yeah pretty much :lol:

My Pontiac died due to trans failure: We went airborne at 45mph or so and landed on a 2ft wide tree stump. When all was said and done, the radiator was inside the transmission. Insurance totalled it.

My Oldsmobile had to have the trans replaced: Street racing and off-roadng put too much stress on it and BAM!

And then we have Marilyn, who got a new transmission: Combination of lack of maintenance, and being young and stupid when I first got it, and daily abuse. Shoulda known better.

So there you have it! Every car I have ever owned has needed a transmission, one way or the other. I just say that nobody has built an ATX to fit my driving style yet :lol:

Yeah pretty much :lol:

My Pontiac died due to trans failure: We went airborne at 45mph or so and landed on a 2ft wide tree stump. When all was said and done, the radiator was inside the transmission. Insurance totalled it.

My Oldmobile had to have the trans replaced: Street racing and off-roadng put too much stress on it and BAM!

And then we have Marilyn, who got a new transmission: Combination of lack of maintenance, and being young and stupid when I first got it, and daily abuse. Shoulda known better.

So there you have it! Every car I have ever owned has needed a transmission, one way or the other. I just say that nobody has built an ATX to fit my driving style yet :lol:

In the transmission warranty book

"Anybody named Rusty is denied coverage"

• Like 2

In the transmission warranty book

"Anybody named Rusty is denied coverage"

:rofl:

I am going to put a new PCV valve in soon, she is starting to get close to 1/2 a quart gone, in approx 1k mi.

Cheap 5W30 is going in, i plan on doing a decent change next time with Mobil Super 5000 High Milage, and then transition to synthetic.