Sign in to follow this  
dsauce

Side Mirror Wiring Info: Gen Iv Puddle Lamp Side Mirrors

I tried looking through the wiring diagrams pinned in this forum and through Sean T's right up for adding heated mirrors, however I still have a few questions.

I have recently aquired some side mirrors w/puddle lights from a local yard this wknd, they didnt come with heated mirror so I would like to add them. I read through this write up, its great and the pics are great too, but I have a few questions.

Anyone have the wiring info/colors for the motors lights and heated mirrors??

Or better yet, has anyone added heated mirrors to they're puddle lights mirrors?

Any help would be great, peace.

What I am looking at is grounding one wire from the heated mirror and then run the power wire to the rear window defroster wire, does this sound right? any info would be helpful.

Woah dude, lol. The wiring in the door is there for your heated mirrors.

What you'll want to do is take the mirror apart:

http://www.taurusclu...d-textured.html

Then strip the heating element wiring out of the harness and add it to the puddle light mirror harness. Match the pinout already in the door to the connector for the mirror. Wrap it up and voila!

Yea I get a little carried awayrolleyes.gif The problem is I am trying to add the heated mirrors to the puddle lame mirrors without heat, so the wire harness plug doesnt have a pin for the heated mirrors. Do you where the pin goes for the heated mirrors? Maybe I just add a pin to the wire harness?

Thanks Nick! Quick question, how do I know where the pin is located for heated mirrors?( I only have the heated mirror iteslf, not the harness.)

In door connector for any 2002-2007.

post-13-062539700 1277945876_thumb.jpg

Nick, thanks alot. I owe you a beer for all the help youve been. I got them hooked up last night (still dont have the doors on completely as I wanted to test them first) That wiring information saved me from tons of frustration. Sucks my bull didnt come with them, but YaY for puddle lamps!:D