What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only trouble is if either of you try showing down on the street no one will think you're racing, just attempting to briskly accelerate.

Work day today for the '97. The brake shudder came back, so I went ahead and decided to see if replacing the brake hardware will eliminate it. Parts fixed/replaced: New calipers on both si

More mods! Found the part number for the OEM black Charger emblem, so I did a swap. Yes yes, I could have plastidipped it, but this was just as cheap, and won't peel over time.

Posted Images

I fixed the broken exhaust on the toyota a few days ago and the pipe broke again further up right at the flange weld.. Ugh sick of this thing sounding like a semi truck.

****** A... I got the driver side of the Thunderbird LX good... but passenger side has a bit of a leak :(

Should a left it as stock :P

Other car being my Girlfriends Nissann POS Sentra..

Changed the oil, checked the fluids.. Installed and balanced her Winter wheels onto the factory wheels.. 

What am I doing here?
2hbUjbm.jpg

Snu4c4g.jpg

Just trying to put together things that were never supposed to be. Bronco II upper instrument cluster bezel, Blue Systems indicator LEDs (good quality build/wiring, they even have small resistors wired in, well worth the $3.19 a piece), some Dymo labels, and a door impact guard strip.

It isn't perfect, but once it's generally together, at least I'll have all necessary lighting not found on a 1990 cluster, and one light not had on analog cluster (at least '05 and older) that I've seen.

Might redo that strip because it's not straightening out where I need it to level. Otherwise, I think it's generally done.

What am I doing here?

Showing off the best damn keyboard known to man :lol:

• Like 1

Showing off the best damn keyboard known to man :lol:

^that.

Got two of them, 1987 version.

it ain't broke, was never broke, does not need fixin, can't fix perfection.

-chart-

Other car being my Girlfriends Nissann POS Sentra..

Changed the oil, checked the fluids.. Installed and balanced her Winter wheels onto the factory wheels.. 

I'm sorry, but I love your avatar, lol.

^that.

Got two of them, 1987 version.

it ain't broke, was never broke, does not need fixin, can't fix perfection.

-chart-

I now have three.

I bought one for cheap on ebay to practice restoring on. It's a newer USA Built Model M. It's in horrible condition, but I bet it works perfectly :)

I have two - a regular one and a "quiet" one for work (although even those are still loud). Only major problem is the low key rollover which makes them difficult for some things - and the original ones aren't suitable for use with the Mac OS since they lack a Command key.

I finally got the idle on the LTD adjusted where I think it needs to be for the cold. Filled it up with non-oxygenated gas yesterday and it seems a little bit happier. Have to see what I get for mileage with it.

Well who even still uses Macintosh in this day and age? The worst company for planned obsolescence. I still use Windows, and every version of Windows since Win95, Ctrl + Esc is your start menu, and Shift + F10 is the menu key.

The Contour shall receive an unexpected facelift. Hit a deer on my way home this morning just before sunrise. I was traveling at the speed limit of 65mph where I'm typically flying through the curves at 85+mph. I had already dodged one deer about 10 minutes prior. It was inevitable really. We live within a high deer populated area and it's hunting season. I'm glad I hit the deer in the Contour versus the Mercedes due to the difference in repair costs.

I think I got off easy. Left headlamp is busted. Mounting tabs on the right headlamp are busted. Grille is busted (SVT specific). Lower grille is busted (SVT specific). The fog light was previously removed for brake cooling ducts. No damage to the carbon fiber hood, fender, bumper cover, or header panel. The lower grille will be difficult to find. No aftermarket replacements.

15174395203_0050ddea7a_b.jpg

That's not bad for hitting a deer at that speed, lucky you just clipped it.  I've see 1/2 ton pickups totaled out from hitting them dead center in the grill at that speed.  Better check along the side of the car as well as the rear bumper for damage.  When we hit a deer with the Escape a few years ago the deer slid along the side of the car and ripped the lower door molding and smashed the rear bumper at the wheel arch, not to mention the blood splatter that ruined all of the plastic. (See the front bumper which was otherwise fine as well as the side view mirror.)

IMG_0614_zps6cdb9c26.jpg

After returning to the scene of the crime this evening on my way to work, I don't feel so bad about the incident. I left a pair of 15' tracks. I never saw the deer because it was obscured by the guardrail. It came up from the culvert and stumbled when it hit the asphalt.

Spent $250 on parts this morning. Bought the least expensive headlamps. The SVT grille cost 4x as much as the standard grille. The bulb socket cost more to ship than the part itself so I passed. I'll find one used.

Had my first "leaves me sort of stranded" ever moment with my 97 XJ6.  After 18 years of Canadian winters a brake line corroded and leaked fluid on the driveway overnight.  Had the car taken on a flatbed to my Jag tech who repaired it for $100 and it's back on the road again.

Did a ~1000 mile roundtrip to Tampa today.  Left at 730AM, got back at 1130pm.  Guy was selling HID Town Car lamps for dirt cheap.  He sold them correctly and as advertised.  A light that sells for 3 times what I paid for it is worth the drive.  Even if I sell them at low cost, I still make money.  

I really enjoyed the drive down to Tampa and back in the Town Car.  It eeked 26MPG out per the dash display.  speeds ranging from 65-80, using cruise control.   No Need for AC until I hit I-4, then when it hit 80, I hit the AC button.  Otherwise car returned 23-24 MPG.  Not bad for a land yacht!  Comfy.  Caught up on listening to Cartalk podcasts.

• Like 1
The Contour shall receive an unexpected facelift. Hit a deer on my way home this morning just before sunrise. I was traveling at the speed limit of 65mph where I'm typically flying through the curves at 85+mph. I had already dodged one deer about 10 minutes prior. It was inevitable really. We live within a high deer populated area and it's hunting season. I'm glad I hit the deer in the Contour versus the Mercedes due to the difference in repair costs.

I think I got off easy. Left headlamp is busted. Mounting tabs on the right headlamp are busted. Grille is busted (SVT specific). Lower grille is busted (SVT specific). The fog light was previously removed for brake cooling ducts. No damage to the carbon fiber hood, fender, bumper cover, or header panel. The lower grille will be difficult to find. No aftermarket replacements.

15174395203_0050ddea7a_b.jpg

Those things are all over in my area. I can keep an eye on the junkyards. What exactly does it need to be? Years and such...

I almost feel taken advantage of by you Nick, sell me a smaller car that gets worse fuel economy.

Don't forget he also has almost 1,000 LBS on you too.

'03 Town Car = 4,312

'97 SHO = 3,439

Weight Difference = 873 LBS before driver, passengers, and cargo.

• Like 1

Did a ~1000 mile roundtrip to Tampa today.  Left at 730AM, got back at 1130pm.  Guy was selling HID Town Car lamps for dirt cheap.  He sold them correctly and as advertised.  A light that sells for 3 times what I paid for it is worth the drive.  Even if I sell them at low cost, I still make money.  

I really enjoyed the drive down to Tampa and back in the Town Car.  It eeked 26MPG out per the dash display.  speeds ranging from 65-80, using cruise control.   No Need for AC until I hit I-4, then when it hit 80, I hit the AC button.  Otherwise car returned 23-24 MPG.  Not bad for a land yacht!  Comfy.  Caught up on listening to Cartalk podcasts.

I never did a 1K in a day. Never plan to do over 600 now I am OLD.

Used to do 850 in '72 Colony Park with 3 kids and the wife. Some intersate. SOME!

Could do about 12 mpg too. :pat:

And the seats were FAR from comfy.

Handling = horrible by today's standards.

Not surprised about mpg in road miles with the Lin.

My Lin Cont is about 1 mpg less than the Sables with DOHC, G-4, all around.

Congrats on your safe trip.

-chart-

I almost feel taken advantage of by you Nick, sell me a smaller car that gets worse fuel economy.

And yet Smiles Per Gallon are much better from the SHO than the Lincoln. :ph34r:

:D

And yet Smiles Per Gallon are much better from the SHO than the Lincoln. :ph34r:

:D

This is true. Come spring I'll get an accurate weight on the car. The county just built a new salt depot nearby with a scale that should be open and on at all times.

Those things are all over in my area. I can keep an eye on the junkyards. What exactly does it need to be? Years and such...

1998-2000 SVT body kits are all the same. I need the front lower grill in the bumper cover. Thanks for looking.

Up to this point the car had all its factory original bits. It's rare to find one that hasn't been molested or beat up. Mine is no cream puff, but it is was complete.