Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

wow, you really do like orange cars, not that there is anything wrong with that, I would love to have a 40th anniversary mustang gt in that nice deep orange

Devin, that's red.

rdh, what kind of mileage do you get with the Escape? and is that the larger or smaller engine?

Devin, that's red.

rdh, what kind of mileage do you get with the Escape? and is that the larger or smaller engine?

he said 3.0l in post

yeah but idk a bout engines lol so i have no idea if that means the big one or the small one hahah

While rotating my wheels, I cleaned and painted a bit for apparance.

Have not cleaned the tires yet, but took advantage of having the wheels off.

This is a 10 year old car, but I still like for it to look good.

-chart-

Edited by -chart-

Now you just need to put some Armor All Extreme Tire Shine on the tires!!

In due time. Busy at Pick A Part half price SAT!

Wheeeee!

-chart-

yeah but idk a bout engines lol so i have no idea if that means the big one or the small one hahah

Its 'the big one'. Our '01 Escape gets 17-19 in town, and 24-26 highway if I'm driving, subtract 2 mpg if my better looking half is driving.

I washed, waxed, and polished the fusion today...took about 4 hours. Tomorrow I'll work on the interior.

Exchanged with my daughter so she has the '03Sable and I have my '01 Sable back.The utility hauler.

Washed the both.

-chart-

The Crown Vic is getting it's windshield replaced tomorrow. There are a lot of little nicks on it, as well as the acid rain marks. Insurance said no problem. In S.C., there isn't a deductible for windshield replacement, so this isn't costing me anything. If I had had to pay out of pocket, it would've been $249 + tax.

That is not too bad, i have a few nicks on my windshield from rocks, were not there when i bought the car. i had them touched up for free with this stuff out of a tube by a local glass shop since it was just the laminating layer that was nicked off.

Also, i technicaly don't have another vehicle i own, but i help maintain my grandfathers nissan quest (mercury villager)

Seafoamed it for him since he does not take it out on the freeway, so it was having some idle issues and power loss. seafoamed it and it regained a decent smooth idle, and it sounds healthier.

Guest Jay144

Changed the oil, filter and oil pan gasket in the '03 Caravan today. It's nice that Chrysler didn't put any obstacles by the pan. Just take out all the bolts, and down she came. Put in 5W-30 Motorcraft with a Purolator filter.

Odometer hit 112,000 miles yesterday just as Nick and I got back from Knoxville. Perfect timing.

As to the Crown Vic, Safelite was able to buff the scratch out of the windshield, so no need to replace it. Took all of 15 minutes. Made me a happy camper!

Edited by Jay144

2012-05-21.jpg

2012-05-21.jpgIts a little bit cleaner than it was...

Edited by machausta
  • Like 1

I love those 18 inch wheels in the appearance package.

1337631535[/url]' post='47126']

2012-05-21.jpg

Its a little bit cleaner than it was...

Red Candy... boink.gif:wub:

Did they change the color back to red candy? because my dad's 2010 is Sangria Red.

Hi Mrs. Machausta!

1337660499[/url]' post='47156']

Hi Mrs. Machausta!

Ha! I totally didn't notice Becky posing with the car before. laugh.gif

Cleaned the wheels on the Fusion, gonna rainx it today.... but boy am I tired.... might take me a while to get all the windows done! Hahaha

I had an interesting conversation with a sales manager for a Ford dealership. He tells me that my interior 'was never offered' in the Fusion and must be aftermarket....in spite of the fact its in the brocure lol.

Guest Jay144

I have found, over the years, that the majority of sales people/managers at dealerships don't know squat about what they are selling.

Guest Jay144

Just replaced the PCV valve in the Crown Vic. Nice to be able to just reach over to pull it out of the valve cover, like the gods intended. Took all of 30 seconds.

215-1.jpg

Edited by Jay144

Just replaced the PCV valve in the Crown Vic. Nice to be able to just reach over to pull it out of the valve cover, like the gods intended. Took all of 30 seconds.

Congrats. That is old school way of putting the PCV in plain sight.

My Intech Lin Cont does that also. Even though it is a 100K item, I did not replace it on my last .02 traded at 101K.

The 3.0 duratec is a real pain. I think the dealer allowed is 0.5 hours and that does not include the bad elbow.

Took me about an hour aftere I learned where it is and how to get it out.

Of course that goes for ~'00 and later DOHC engines.

-chart-

Guest Jay144

Just got the '03 Caravan aligned. Only the second time since I bought it new in '03 that I've had to get it done.

Took only 20 minutes from when I got there until the van was ready. The left front caster had to be adjusted slightly. I timed it right...there were no other customers waiting.

I thought you liked how the van drifted a bit to the right :D

Since my sister is living with me for awhile, I looked the car over this evening. I have not cleaned, washed, vacuumed or detailed that car since 2007 (2000 Honda accord). She washes it occasionally with a half hearted effort. Don't think the interior has been dusted or wiped down since 2007.

Wow. The leather is cracked, dry and nasty, bird poop on paint. No gloss/luster to the paint at all. Dull. Wheels have clearcoat failure. Trash all over the interior. Lights have failing clearcoat

Tonight I applied Lexol conditioner three times on the butt cushion for the driver seat. The seat drank it up. The steering wheel I used lexol cleaner and conditioner. Disgusting nasty leather wrapped wheel. Unfortunately, since she never cleaned it, the contaminants ate through the leather coating layer so now there's a swash of colored leather missing, just dark at the top. It's at least clean now. Oh well, not my car...why do I bother caring...? rolleyes.gif