What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

I Frankensteined the front bumper on the '12 JSW today. My wife hit a house cat on the highway last year. It's strictly cosmetic so I wasn't about to pay my deductible just to fix it. It's been held together with Gorilla Tape until now. The marker light has just been dangling around behind the bumper. My wife was not looking forward to this fix, but I think it looks better than duct tape.

Took about 20 minutes to clean off all the tape residue.

11971225366_c76ec53817_c.jpg

There are a few more holding together a crack on the right side too.

11971231526_028c261fe3_c.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only trouble is if either of you try showing down on the street no one will think you're racing, just attempting to briskly accelerate.

Work day today for the '97. The brake shudder came back, so I went ahead and decided to see if replacing the brake hardware will eliminate it. Parts fixed/replaced: New calipers on both si

More mods! Found the part number for the OEM black Charger emblem, so I did a swap. Yes yes, I could have plastidipped it, but this was just as cheap, and won't peel over time.

Posted Images

Jetta SportWagen

Station wagon?! Psshh.

I'm really impressed with our "tiddy wagon" (TDI). The Wagen gets the 4 wheel independent suspension of the GTI (minus the drop and spring rate). 6 speed manual trans snicks through gears quickly with confidence. The turbo diesel's torque is great and the fuel mileage is almost as good as a Prius without the poor driving dynamics. I drive it hard and consistently get 44mpg.

Jetta SportWagen

Station wagon?! Psshh.

I'm really impressed with our "tiddy wagon" (TDI). The Wagen gets the 4 wheel independent suspension of the GTI (minus the drop and spring rate). 6 speed manual trans snicks through gears quickly with confidence. The turbo diesel's torque is great and the fuel mileage is almost as good as a Prius without the poor driving dynamics. I drive it hard and consistently get 44mpg.

Our neighbors have the exact same thing,TDI, in some sort of off tan color with smoked gun metal wheels.  Probably a 2011 model, nice little car.

Jetta SportWagen

Station wagon?! Psshh.

My cousin and his wife just bought one over the summer. They had a second kid and decided the Saturn L200 was getting too old and cramped. I think it had over 200K on the clock...

The SportWagen is a sharp looking wagon. I'd consider one, but the major drawback is how tall I am; I might not be able to fit behind the wheel with enough space for someone behind me.

My cousin and his wife just bought one over the summer. They had a second kid and decided the Saturn L200 was getting too old and cramped. I think it had over 200K on the clock...

The SportWagen is a sharp looking wagon. I'd consider one, but the major drawback is how tall I am; I might not be able to fit behind the wheel with enough space for someone behind me.

I think its pretty roomy, neighbor is at least 6' 2" and I see him drive it all the time.

I think its pretty roomy, neighbor is at least 6' 2" and I see him drive it all the time.

That doesn't mean you can fit someone behind the driver though, haha. My brother's Prizm and my friends old Mazda 3 were both so small no one except a small child or baby could be behind me when I was at the wheel. I can fit in fine, it's the people behind me that I worry for. 

Sam, you need to go test drive a CC, you will change your mind immediately.  Fast, quiet, and smooth as hell, and the 1st generation looks so good, especially the back end with those round tail lights.  It is nothing like the plain sedan Passat.

The Passat won car of the year for 2012, that has to say something, even if it's something small. I like some German cars. Audi and Volkswagen are nice. I feel less enthusiastic about Mercedes and BMW. I don't even know where Jaguar is anymore, and Volvo is Swedish...maybe? I don't know about that one either. 

The Passat won car of the year for 2012, that has to say something, even if it's something small. I like some German cars. Audi and Volkswagen are nice. I feel less enthusiastic about Mercedes and BMW. I don't even know where Jaguar is anymore, and Volvo is Swedish...maybe? I don't know about that one either. 

Volvo is Chinese owned, by Geely.

Land Rover and Jaguar were sold to Tata Motors of India...the same people who made this:

Tata_Nano_im_Verkehrszentrum_des_Deutsch

In India, that's a dream car.  I'd rather have a motorcycle though if I lived in somewhere as congested as India.