Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

Got a lot of goodies for the Caliber. :)

575514_3781722903392_1286546143_33596676_452806990_n.jpg

Dodge Caliber Estate Edition!

582678_3745759484329_1286546143_33581827_2083051962_n.jpg

Looking fine as ever.

549404_3772897242756_1286546143_33593253_1690914134_n.jpg

That thing scares the censored2.gif out of me!

zumbujump.gif

That thing scares the censored2.gif out of me!

zumbujump.gif

Well, the Caliber is anything BUT cute, so it should be scary! :lol:

tags were stolen off the power ranger sometime this weekend.

called the police dpt. they tell me i have to call the tax collectors office. ( which is not open on sunday ) and they will take the report.

just had them renewed in march. the truck is still not in my name and i do not posess the title yet. as it is lost. this should be fun.

not ******* ammused. dry.gif at all.

i despise thieves.

Probably the previous owner...

Probably the previous owner...

nah, the previous owner was my grandfather who passed away last month. :mellow:

Guest Jay144

The Crown Vic is getting it's windshield replaced tomorrow. There are a lot of little nicks on it, as well as the acid rain marks. Insurance said no problem. In S.C., there isn't a deductible for windshield replacement, so this isn't costing me anything. If I had had to pay out of pocket, it would've been $249 + tax.

Started the installation process for my GM Delco-Remy 4 note horns on my motorcycle. Got 2 installed. I chose the 2 out of the bracket design working with bolting together as 1, and pin location. Each bracket is slightly different.

Still have to get the rust off, repaint them, then prime, then paint the bracket I made. Main thing is she works! Does not interfere with operation, and even the 2 notes sound much better than the wimpy motorcycle horn. It's fun, sitting on the bike when blasting the horns, the bike vibrates from the power of those horns alone. I love it! :wub:

Guest Jay144

The windshield is replaced...it's like there is nothing there. However, when I got home, I noticed a scratch about 2-3" long right above the VIN. So, it's back to Safelite tomorrow.

Edited by Jay144

Got around to taking pictures of my new (and old) Jeep shocks:

OldJeepShocks.jpg

NewJeepShockLeft.jpg

NewJeepShockRight.jpg

Very yellow B)

New glass is awesome...amazing how glass can get so sandblasted and pitted with time.

Bilstein makes some great shocks. If they made some for the wagon, I would have bought them. How's the Jeep ride now?

New glass is awesome...amazing how glass can get so sandblasted and pitted with time.

Bilstein makes some great shocks. If they made some for the wagon, I would have bought them. How's the Jeep ride now?

The ride is more stable, but still comfortable. Because of the short wheelbase and taller ride height, Jeeps tend to bob from front to back over larger bumps. The new shocks significantly improve this behavior. I've used Bilsteins in the past, and have always been happy with them. They also had the best reviews when I was researching this purchase.

Guest Jay144

Safelite is replacing the scratched windshield next Tuesday. No fuss, no muss.

Started the installation process for my GM Delco-Remy 4 note horns on my motorcycle. Got 2 installed. I chose the 2 out of the bracket design working with bolting together as 1, and pin location. Each bracket is slightly different.

Still have to get the rust off, repaint them, then prime, then paint the bracket I made. Main thing is she works! Does not interfere with operation, and even the 2 notes sound much better than the wimpy motorcycle horn. It's fun, sitting on the bike when blasting the horns, the bike vibrates from the power of those horns alone. I love it! :wub:

I should have posted this earlier. The GM horns for Kevin's motorcycle do work really well. ^_^

th_MVI_6447.jpg

I thought I had to share since I spent so much time cleaning and detailing this car, even though its not mine.

My mom's 2003 Escape xlt 4x4, detailing a yellow car is a lot more difficult and time consuming than the simple blue bull. It was really dull yet from winter, the pics might not be the best since I finished this night but let me tell you this thing will pop. The black trim and bumper darkened several shades and has the slick wet appearance. If your wondering, I did add the little V6 badges, inspiration coming from the 01-02 models, all 03s lacked the badges but the 04s then had them on the tailgate.

post-1708-0-89939700-1337053239_thumb.jp

post-1708-0-78551400-1337053252_thumb.jp

I thought I had to share since I spent so much time cleaning and detailing this car, even though its not mine.

My mom's 2003 Escape xlt 4x4, detailing a yellow car is a lot more difficult and time consuming than the simple blue bull. It was really dull yet from winter, the pics might not be the best since I finished this night but let me tell you this thing will pop. The black trim and bumper darkened several shades and has the slick wet appearance. If your wondering, I did add the little V6 badges, inspiration coming from the 01-02 models, all 03s lacked the badges but the 04s then had them on the tailgate.

I wub.gif Yellow Escapes. Mmmmmm.

having to go through this long drawn out fiasco of an ordeal to not only retrieve the lost title to the power ranger, but get an affidavit signed and notarized by all next of kin (including my grandfathers estranged wife of 17 years who lives 3 states away and hasnt been seen in 12 years ) to have the title put in my name.

:makeadeal: :makeadeal: :makeadeal: :makeadeal: :makeadeal:

oh, and i couldnt report the tags stolen or do anything about it b/c my grandfather is dead and is unable to sign ANOTHER affidavit stating they were stolen.

which means. unless whoever took the tags got pulled over for doing some other stupid s**t ( which they probably did ) they probly got away with it.

:blowup:

:banghead:

:Picard2:

Took the 07 durango to the dealership today only to have them tell me to come back tomorrow. Been having some some stalling issues along with randon dash lights blinking on and off at me, looks like christmas when it happens. Tried researching on the internet without luck. Not really having the patience for this thing I decided to just ship it on to the dealer and let someone else deal with this thing. Just makes me appreciate the simplicity of my 86 taurus, which btw is now the only proper operating vehicle in my personal fleet.

Guest Jay144

Brought the Crown Vic to Safelite about the scratch in the new windshield. They were able to buff it out, making me one happy camper. Only took 15 minutes.

I've used Safelite over the years, and I have always been very satisfied with their work and the employees.

Ripped the interior on the Mazda apart last night, to get rid of the Minnesota stench. I also changed the oil and got the tires rotated. I have a long list of things to do on it, but first I need to get employed....

I wub.gif Yellow Escapes. Mmmmmm.

Yah I really like it too, you don't see very many yellow ones, I can only think of 3-4 other ones in GB, and my moms really sticks out since she has the rock deflector which I think really adds to the front end. A lot of the yellow ones are the 01-02 variety and are base models, they look terrible with the little wheels, and cheaper brownish bumpers and trim.

Got the '11 Escape back from the dealership today. Been chasing an oil leak for the last 10000 miles. They finally found it based on a service note in OASIS,

Seems there was a problem with 2011-12 Escapes with the 3.0 Duratec built from 5/1/11-10/31/11. The oil separator gasket was twisted allowing oil to leak on the lower intake and run down the block.

They had to order some parts yesterday and they had it done by 4 today.

Wow. That's going to be quite a few cars. Considering how few people actually look at their cars these days underneath, you are lucky to catch it before the warranty runs out.

And that is why I like to change my own oil. I want to know whats going on with my vehicles.

I noticed the oil on the bottom of the engine and started to look around. Then I saw the oil pooled up on the intake. I took pics and had to show them to the dealership to get them to investigate.

Even though it has a 3 yr / 36000 bumper to bumper warranty, they tried saying oil leaks were not covered. Guess who won that argument? :D

Yah I really like it too, you don't see very many yellow ones, I can only think of 3-4 other ones in GB, and my moms really sticks out since she has the rock deflector which I think really adds to the front end. A lot of the yellow ones are the 01-02 variety and are base models, they look terrible with the little wheels, and cheaper brownish bumpers and trim.

2009-ford-escape-001.jpg

What I would do to have one of these in orange.

bowdown.gif