Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

Greased the steering shaft to boot where it goes through the firewall. Had kind of a groan when turning when it is cold, but getting worse.

Heard this from some one else here.

I put grease on the spool with a Q-Tip, pushing the boot down, then pulling it up to spead the grease around. No more groan.

I happen to have Silicone/Lithium which is quite thin and won't get sticky in the cold.

My '03 shows the same thing a bit but not the '01. Guess this is one of those sometimes things. Easy fix.

Works perfect.

-chart-

I had that problem in my 2000. Sprayed WD40 on it once and it stopped lol! Never to be heard again!

Not mine, but I got to watch an F-350 hit 300,000 miles today.

And bulls get there also

Some take a lickin and keep on tickin.

-chart-

Look at all those options. Power windows. Airbags, automatic, front wheel drive, power,steering, V6.

Do people add these because they need fill or don't know any better?

Sent from my crApple iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by thesavo

Absolutely nothing it's a CHEVROLET :)

994576_408836249228573_1640220081_n.jpg

• Like 2

994576_408836249228573_1640220081_n.jpg

but its not black.....

• Like 1

My buddys hit 200k a few weeks ago, that's nothing for those Power Strokes, they will run a million miles if cared for properly and ran hard their entire life. Especially if its a 7.3L, the newer ones are a different story thanks to our government and their stupid emission rules. 

The 7.3 is a great motor. Hard to find though. They didn't make enough of them.

• Like 1

They did, it's just that people have held onto them. I know Excursions with the 7.3 usually go for double or more price wise over the gas powered ones. The 6.0L, not so much.

TOILET.

TOILET.

Agreed, wait until some plastic timing component fails miserably, and have GM tell you to go f**k yourself :lol:

Agreed, wait until some plastic timing component fails miserably, and have GM tell you to go f**k yourself :lol:
Or your speedo.

My father's express 3500 has had the radiator, power steering pump and abs sensors replaced before 70,000 miles. He's the 2nd owner, and his responsibility.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edited by thesavo

The 7.3 is a great motor. Hard to find though. They didn't make enough of them.

There are tons of those T444E engines out on the road, almost every heavy duty Ford truck or van from 1994 to 2003 had that engine on top of all the International trucks that use it. Pretty much every medium duty International truck had that engine under the hood.  Falcon is right about not finding them because everyone keeps them.  Its one of the last diesels to be produced with no emissions garbage.  Similar to the 12 valve cummins, and 6.5L GM diesel. You just don't find them becasue people who own them are not selling.

6.0L is way more advanced and is a lot faster but it takes $10,000 just to make it a good reliable stock engine, $20,000 if your talking modded.

My buddys hit 200k a few weeks ago, that's nothing for those Power Strokes, they will run a million miles if cared for properly and ran hard their entire life. Especially if its a 7.3L, the newer ones are a different story thanks to our government and their stupid emission rules. 

Yep, it's a 7.3 and mechanically, it's meticulously maintained. Its life is pulling an enclosed double-axle trailer around much of the Midwest.

Wow. I'm not in this thread very much but I do have one non-Taurus since getting rid of the Ranger. 

Replaced tires and washed the Exploder.

expwheels_zps14a0f499.jpg

expwheels2_zps54827f89.jpg

Ahh the 2 door version of my vehicle, minus the fact its based on the previous generation.

DN, how many miles do you have on that 4.0L, any death rattle?

IMAG3285_zps6f673c55.jpg

Loaded up and ready for scrap..

IMAG3283_zps5bff7027.jpg

We rolled it first to pull the filler neck and rear subframe though

IMAG3284_zps1048fd81.jpg

It was soo clean too. Kind of makes me sad that it has to get crushed and that my trailer isn't going to happen..

Also traded my 83 Ranger to my neighbor for some work he did on my other Ranger, I just have too much to do and not enough time, so my loss is his gain. I get to watch it get all smashed up next year though. It's a derby truck now.

Which brings on the next point, my 92 Ranger now runs, has new power steering lines, and front sway bar removed for clearance for a future mod. It does not run well though, missfires like crazy and it honestly sounds like a push rod is smacking the inside of the valve cover. My dad was going to maybe take it apart tomorrow and look it over for me since I work.

And finally my 97 Contour is ready for all the new fuel system parts to go in, right after I source a filler neck seal and retainer. Then it will be going in for a transmission rebuild.

Also I pulled the sub out of the Cougar as it has completely died now. Looking for some kind of replacement. I really liked the size and output of the one that was in there (A Polk Audio C4 from the 90s) No idea where to even start looking though...

I have an Infinity Basslink in the '99 Contour. Very cool little sub. It has about the same size vs performance as the Polk C4. The amp is built in so it doesn't require all the external wires. I would probably work better in a hatch like the Cougar. I installed it in the Taurus trunk once and was completely underwhelmed.

Helped my dad install a revised(for the 6th time) PCV system in my dads 2002 Saab 93...crappy ass GM PCV system isn't efficient enough so literally every gasket on the engine starts to bleed oil around 150k and as we all know high crank case pressure also lead to sludge. Atleast that little 2.0 turbo is easier to work on than my V8. There are canyons on all sides of the engine because the same bay has to fit a GM V6.

Ahh the 2 door version of my vehicle, minus the fact its based on the previous generation.

DN, how many miles do you have on that 4.0L, any death rattle?

Almost 180,000 on it and the timing chains are hideous at startup but quickly goes away. It's had the usual fixes, thermostat leak, cruise control recall and rear axle replaced. 

Almost 180,000 on it and the timing chains are hideous at startup but quickly goes away. It's had the usual fixes, thermostat leak, cruise control recall and rear axle replaced. 

That's pretty good. I'm at 125,000. I just replaced both cam tensioners so start up is nice and quiet but I think the lower tensioner on the rear has since started to make noise until the truck is up to operating temp.  I also just had the thermostat housing and etc replaced as preventive maintenance.