Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

Dad took the Fusion in to get repaired....

When you open the door, there's an (incredibly dense) plastic piece that stops the door from opening too far.

Did you know that if you open the door hard enough they bend? The dealership found out today! They didn't think it was possible....

Mom proved it.

• Like 3

Having seen what you are referring to, how the hell did that happen?

she "opened the door really hard"

My Camaro got a well deserved coat of wax :)

CamaroWaxSmall.jpg

I love that car. Yours is a very nice example :D

Today the Cobalt will get a much needed bath adn headlight treatment. Stay tuned for before and after pics :D

Hopefully the stuff I used for Marilyn will work on Lucy. The Nano didn't seem to have much of an effect last time I did a treatment. This time I'm using something else, the same stuff that made Marilyn's look new.

Gave her a good wash and wax. First time since I bought it.

420014_3505738363951_1286546143_33470996_527580024_n.jpg

419722_3505739883989_1286546143_33470998_454428787_n.jpg

Look at that shine. happy.gif

419722_3505739883989_1286546143_33470998_454428787_n.jpg

Look at that shine orange peel.

fixed :ph34r:

I got the mirror caps finally painted :)

306600_2742393279012_1232850006_32017065_1183500600_n.jpg

My Camaro got a well deserved coat of wax :)

CamaroWaxSmall.jpg

I finally did the 7500 mile service yesterday! She's got about 8200 miles on her, so it's time B)

fixed :ph34r:

Nah that's just how cars come painted these days. Saves money to do it quick instead of right. :lol:

Mirror caps look good, BTW.

Oh and Devin? The Caliber looks, uh, well....

OK fine, it looks pretty good cleaned up B)

Now lose those hubcaps and get some 20s, stat! :lol:

That Caliber looks so cute all cleaned up and waxed!!!!! :ph34r:

Ooooh, what a nice Neon in the background, Devin! That seems like it would be a good vehicle for a one-evening trip to Chicago!..... hinthinthint LOL

Ooooh, what a nice Neon in the background, Devin! That seems like it would be a good vehicle for a one-evening trip to Chicago!..... hinthinthint LOL

rolleyes.gif

It does have a pretty bad orange peel effect, but hey! The car is orange!

To be honest, for a car with a starting MSRP of $13,995, I don't think you can expect super amazing quality. It really is just a small econobox. I love it though!

I'm trying to find some 17" Police style rims, but I can only find 18"s. So as soon as it's time for new tires, I'll look into some wheels.

rolleyes.gif

It does have a pretty bad orange peel effect, but hey! The car is orange!

Good answer! Have you considered a career in car sales?:D

My Jeep had it's Catalytic Converter heat shield held on with coat hanger wire, and the muffler was rusting as it was not Stainless Steel. I bought a new cat back Magnaflow system a while ago, but it sat in the box in my Dining Room. Well, that all changed last weekend! I made new brackets for the shield from Stainless Steel, welded them on, and fastened them with Stainless Steel hardware. I also put in the new system.B)

JeepExhaust1.jpg

JeepExhaust2.jpg

JeepExhaust3.jpg

JeepExhaust4.jpg

JeepExhaust5.jpg

JeepExhaust6.jpg

JeepExhaust7.jpg

JeepExhaust8.jpg

• Like 1

Put Mom's front plate from back before I was born on her Fusion the other day :)

Looks pretty good! ... although she managed to mangle the corner of the bumper on a parking block the next day. dry.gif

529956_3495579182701_1068235184_3329253_1169136614_n.jpg

I blew a 50w midrange speaker using just 18 ALL POWERFUL watts! Yeah!

dry.gif

I guess that means I need to get the real stereo swap started in the truck. The amps are out of the Taurus. Gotta get the back seat cut up to accommodate the subwoofer "console" enclosure, and sell a kidney to get a new front stage. I may make a build thread about it, if I decide to get super OCD with the install. B)

First law of mechanical repair: If at ever you working on a car, and there is ONE anchor nut to a taillight, you can be damn sure, it will make it's way down down down into the body panels. dry.gif Put a tail bulb in Lucy this evening, and damn, what a pain in the ass. First, I drove halfway across town to where the car was, WITH a slew of bulbs from my stock, and of course NONE of them fit the friggin GM weird-bulb sockets. So back to work, (after Marilyn sucked down probably 10 bucks worth of go-go juice,) and found a bulb in stock over at the auto parts supply chain behind our building. The cost? 53 cents. What I paid? Zip, nada, zilch. Good guys over there at API. So got home tonight, and figured I would jump right on it and come in and relax. First of all, the bulb is a b***h to get out. So I got it out, without it shattering into glass shards in my hand, and popped the new one in. Went to reinstall the housing into the body, and then the damn nut decided to skip-to-my-******-loo down into the body. So rip out the trunk liner, and luckily it wasn't too far down. Screw it on in, and reinstall the trunk liner and here I am.

Only Rusty can turn a simple bulb change into the saga above. :lol:

My dad's car (2007 Lexus LS460) was vandalized last weekend in a parking lot, so I have gone ahead and replaced the broken taillamp assembly for him.

Here's what got ruined: cb06a515.jpg

Here is the replacement lamp:0f412439.jpg

And... here is the dealership price for that replacement part: 25b5f4e6.jpg

"We appreciate your patronage." Um...thanks, Woodfield Lexus. That makes one of us. :(

Oh, and my aunt's Failabu got totalled in a rearend collision last week... we got her into a used Mazda3 hatchback a couple days ago, though. 651b5118.jpg

Can't expect a Lexus part to be cheap! It's a Lexus! :lol:

Can't expect a Lexus part to be cheap! It's a Lexus! :lol:

You wanna know why I don't buy a ******* Toyota? That's a big part of it. FFS, our Volvo taillights don't even touch $300 retail. $450 for a taillight? f**k you, I say.

Guest Jay144

The '03 Caravan had the alternator rebuilt...the bearing(s) were noisy. Got it done at a local place for $150. That price includes the mechanic taking the alternator out and re-installing it after the repairs. Also replaced the factory original battery. Nine years ain't bad!

The '07 Edge got jealous, and it's battery died within a couple of days after the Caravan was repaired. Put a Sears DieHard Gold in it. In fact, I bought 2 batteries..one for the Edge, one for the Taurus. The Edge's battery lasted 5 years.

I changed the tranny fluid and filter in the '02 Focus..also put in new plugs--the gap in the old ones was large enough to drive through--PCV valve, new radiator fan resistor and plug (of course, there were none at the junkyard, so $100 to Ford..a couple of days after, a Focus shows up at the yard with the parts that I had needed)...also had to put in a replacement overflow tank...that took quite a while to find one that wasn't broken.

Edited by Jay144

IMAG1290.jpg

Picked these up for the ranger today after selling the stock set earlier in the week. Paid 100 for these full set with all caps, tires are dated February of 2011 and over half tread left.

IMAG1292.jpg

Forgive the mess have not had time in months to clean...

Those Malibus are some of the most awful pieces of royal dog s**t I have ever seen from GM. Such a worthless turd without even an ounce of creativity to it. Good riddance that they tend to be expensive to maintain, the fewer on the road, the better.

My driver's ed car was one of them. Junk. There are few things in life I hate...the Malibu is one of them, that 93-03/"classic" Generation specifically.

Jay, you've been busy! Batteries all around for the cars huh? No more focus work for awhile hopefully...

Great deal on rims/tires Vash. Can't do much better than that.

1335505353[/url]' post='44973']

Those Malibus are some of the most awful pieces of royal dog s**t I have ever seen from GM. Such a worthless turd without even an ounce of creativity to it. Good riddance that they tend to be expensive to maintain, the fewer on the road, the better.

My driver's ed car was one of them. Junk.

That sucks. My school's Driver Ed. fleet was made up of about four Taurus sedans (All with 'Tecs blush.gif) back in '99.