What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

2012-08-18_00-13-17_613.jpg

Does this count? I finally really started on this thing. I matched the general interior almost perfect. Its a dark blue gray color. The seats are more blue so I will do them later. Have to do the plastics too.

I love putting these things together.

Still undecided if I'm matching my black one or not.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only trouble is if either of you try showing down on the street no one will think you're racing, just attempting to briskly accelerate.

Work day today for the '97. The brake shudder came back, so I went ahead and decided to see if replacing the brake hardware will eliminate it. Parts fixed/replaced: New calipers on both si

More mods! Found the part number for the OEM black Charger emblem, so I did a swap. Yes yes, I could have plastidipped it, but this was just as cheap, and won't peel over time.

Posted Images

I've got a remote control '87 T-Bird..it has working headlights and tail lights. Pretty cool. Low mileage, too...it's been put away for the last 20 years or so....

If it's a TurboCoupe people would pay decent money for it.

Is it a NASCAR model or something?

Guest Jay144

No, it's a wired remote from a toy store-- 1/24 scale. I originally got it for my oldest son (who is now 25) when he learned how to ''use the potty''. After I bought it, though, I decided it wasn't for a 3 year old, and kept it for myself. I got him something else as a reward for becoming a ''big boy''!

It is a Turbo Coupe, though....I'll get it out of the attic tomorrow and take some pics.

Edited by Jay144

I did find the toy with my epic Google skills. No prices for them and none on eBay I could find.

I have no idea why I love these cars so much, but my first one was a 600 dollar parts car. Its transmission lives in my Merkur and the motor has made this tbird and my Merkur live.

2012-06-11164318.jpg

This the car you're talking about? I used to build model cars all the time, can never find them anymore though.

http://www.worldoftoycars.com/product/vintage-remote-control-tbird-turbo-coupe-mib

Guest Jay144

Yep...that's it exactly...only mine isn't in the box...I don't even have the box anymore, but it still runs and the lights still light.

I'm open to any offers if anyone would like to buy it.

Edited by Jay144

IMAG1795.jpg

Picked up a full SVT car-back for my 97 SE today for 35 bucks. It had the resonator deleted and that delete pipe is all rusted out. Other than that its on good shape.

Yallses all suck. $4.29 a gallon last I checked.

However! Finally got pics off my phone to my PC

IMG_0442.jpg

This finally works now 100% now.

I finally did this mod:

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

I like that her odometer keeps on spinning again. If it wasn't for me, she'd still be stuck at 74k and probably being demolished by people at a junkyard.

Excuse the mess, I need to go to a junkyard to harvest an entire system for factory keyless entry, and when I rip the interior out of my Bird to do a 100% through detail, that's when Imma clean the hell out of it. I love having a project car :wub:

About damn time. Oh, and I'd say 98% of these actually have keyless entry -- just no remote. Check under the parcel shelf for the receiver for the keyless entry. If nothing else, its still going to be wired for it.

Oh, and grab some (2) Gen 2 Taurus automatic window modules. Tap the down button once and the window rolls the whole way down with just a couple of spliced wires.

Oh, and grab some (2) Gen 2 Taurus automatic window modules. Tap the down button once and the window rolls the whole way down with just a couple of spliced wires.

Tell us more... :blink:

About damn time. Oh, and I'd say 98% of these actually have keyless entry -- just no remote. Check under the parcel shelf for the receiver for the keyless entry. If nothing else, its still going to be wired for it.

Instructions

• 1 Enter your Ford Thunderbird with your keyless remote and ignition key in hand.
    • 2 Insert the key into the ignition and cycle the key from "Off" to "Run" eight times in quick order, ending the cycle on "Run" after the eighth rotation.
    • 3 Press any button on your keyless remote within 20 seconds and wait for the locks to cycle to indicate successful programming.
    • 4 Repeat step three for any additional remotes, within 20 seconds of the last remote and waiting for the locks each time.
    • 5 Turn the ignition to the "Off" position and wait for the locks to cycle again, indicating the end of the programming sequence. You will now be free to use your programmed Ford Thunderbird remotes.

Read more: How to Program the Keyless Entry on a 1994 Ford Thunderbird | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6366904_program-entry-1994-ford-thunderbird.html#ixzz24DGQTxFn

-- just follow steps 1 & 2, if the car locks the doors on the 8th time in the 'run' position you have remote entry.

I have done the auto-down window mod. If you put the module in each door, they will auto-down from all relevant switches.

There is the necessary power feed present at each window switch and ground can be had anywhere.

Pulled the rear axle on the crown vic and returned it to the Junkyard under warranty. The housing was bent pretty badly. In the last 30 days it at both tires from new to beyond the cords, under 3k miles.

IMAG1810.jpg

IMAG1812.jpg

Car is black from rubber deposites

IMAG1801.jpg

Picking up another axle and some tires tomorrow.

The workhorse:

IMAG1814.jpg

Hmmm, Imma have to check for the wiring. I thought the RKE module on the T-Birds was on the left side of the trunk behind the carpet. I pulled a module, but I never saw wire there, maybe it's in the parcel shelf. Generally I thought the T-Birds with keypad entry had the remote. I have no keypad.

Also thought I read in the Ford service manual to add remotes, you had to short out 2 wires on an open plug in the same spot as the RKE.

Edit:

Checked, under the package tray, There is only 1 tiny little box which IIRC is for the variable assist power steering. Which the service manual said V8's had.

I remember seeing it in a junkyard and it was a bundle of wires with an antenna lead. So no wiring (That I see of, unless it's rolled up under something) nor did that thing help.

Hmmm, Imma have to check for the wiring. I thought the RKE module on the T-Birds was on the left side of the trunk behind the carpet. I pulled a module, but I never saw wire there, maybe it's in the parcel shelf. Generally I thought the T-Birds with keypad entry had the remote. I have no keypad.

Also thought I read in the Ford service manual to add remotes, you had to short out 2 wires on an open plug in the same spot as the RKE.

Edit:

Checked, under the package tray, There is only 1 tiny little box which IIRC is for the variable assist power steering. Which the service manual said V8's had.

I remember seeing it in a junkyard and it was a bundle of wires with an antenna lead. So no wiring (That I see of, unless it's rolled up under something) nor did that thing help.

Its in the parcel shelf....its been a minute since I've laid eyes on it, but its almost underneath the 3rd brake light IIRC.

Three50one, I have a set of GTS (?) Headlight covers for that Gen bird if you're interested... not sure if they're for a turbo coupe or a regular bird though.... shoot me a note if you're interested. (And if you know how to tell if they're for a tc or not lol)

Guest Jay144

I went to Nick's yesterday to see if he was able to get the acid rain marks off the windows..no success. I've tried using 0000 steel wool with ammonia, glass top stove cleaner (that worked great on the side mirrors..got most of the marks off), even tried 'Bartender's Friend', and Nick's effort, all to no avail. I guess I'm gonna have to go to a body shop to see what they recommend.

Nick and I did go over to his friend's house (where he did most of the work on his '87)..it was like going to a museum. The friend, Gary, is an excellent mechanic, body man, painter, welder...a real master at his art. He has several projects going on at once.

The '68 Bonneville pictured below was a rust bucket from....I believe it was Michigan...that he completely restored. The Grand Safari wagon is beautiful!

1968 Pontiac Bonneville

001-9.jpg

010-4.jpg

012-3.jpg

Some friends of Gary's from Florida brought their 1980 Firebird up for Gary to restore. It hadn't been started for 7 years...here's a couple of pictures of Nick running to refill the water jug for the radiator when the car started...didn't take much effort at all to get that 350-4V to life! The car under the cover in the shed in the background is a 1969 Grand Prix with the H.O. engine...pristine!!

009-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

That's Gary up on the trailer, bent over the fender.

Edited by Jay144
Guest Jay144

The man likes station wagons...the '66 Country Squire came from North Dakota. The inside, except for a couple of cracks in the dash, is pristine. Just needs a paint job and tires, and it's good to go. The LTD Crown:Vic next to it was owned by an old lady. If I remember correctly, it has something like 80,000 miles on it. Runs like a champ. Behind it is a '66 T-Bird, waiting patiently for it's turn in the garage.

003-9.jpg

002-6.jpg

Edited by Jay144

Sean and Devin should remember the cars...

Good having you down yesterday. Sorry the water etching wouldn't come out. Aggravating.

The Grand Safari was from out in a field near Aiken, SC that some dude then parked behind a shop on 2 Notch road in NE Columbia.

The 68 Bonneville is from International Falls, Minnesota.

The LTD 88 Wagon has 200K from west Columbia, 1 owner, never wrecked. Not a spec of rot...or heck dirt underneath.

The 66 is an awesome wagon for it's age. Runs and drives. Doesn't leak.

Not even kidding, I would put up with the price of gas (at least for a good while) if I was allowed to own that LTD. omg its so nice.