Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

Huh. Better let my grandma know.

Does this have any affect on the car w/o cruise being used? She never uses it, but if something can go wrong w/o it being on, I'm gonna let her know ASAP.

Yes it can be an issue, cable is connected (supposed to be) 100% of the time, in use means the servo pulls on it to control speed.

From what I gather, the problem is where the plastic on the cable end slides over the plastic of the cable itself, and can hang there. Might be totally wrong on that part.

Huh. Better let my grandma know.

Does this have any affect on the car w/o cruise being used? She never uses it, but if something can go wrong w/o it being on, I'm gonna let her know ASAP.

The letter says that the clearance between the cable and the engine cover is too little, I guess it catches the cable and pops it apart. My solution will be to remove the engine cover just like ford did any way on the 04+ models. I would think that there are other variables at play as well. In the letter it says to avoid depressing the throttle all the way to the floor.

Painted the K10 blue, also put different rear springs in it so she rides a bit taller now :)

0401021837.jpg

This was after I sold it the 2nd time, April 1st 2012.

Got it back, and painted it blue. Rear end was still saggy. Since then my friends and I fixed that, but the front leaves will get some attention soon.

old.jpg

Old pack, already re-put back together after snapping 3...

main.jpg

Had to reuse that main leaf because the bolts are all seized up on the JY pack I got, and on the shackles on the frame

bud.jpg

Needed some liquid courage.. lol

done.jpg

All done, running 5 leaves plus the overload

level.jpg

Finally sits better, rides a little stiffer but it doesn't look bad anymore.

Guest Jay144

It turns out that the torque converter was shredding it's turbine blades..all kinds of metal shavings in the pan. Also, the reverse/over drive drum is gone..so, it's a complete rebuild. Gonna cost $2200.00 . Should be ready by the end of the day Thursday.

I kinda feel like Ned Beatty in "Deliverance".....

NedBeatty.jpg

Edited by Jay144

It turns out that the torque converter was shredding it's turbine blades..all kinds of metal shavings in the pan. Also, the reverse/over drive drum is gone..so, it's a complete rebuild. Gonna cost $2200.00 . Should be ready by the end of the day Thursday.

Ouch...that's not what you wanted to hear.

Guest Jay144

Got the car back at 4PM. Nice, crisp shifts, like a J-mod had been done. Improved gas mileage, too. Here's the breakdown:

Banner Assembly Kit.....$441.00

Torque Converter..........$324.95

Filter..............................$ 34.14

Fluid..............................$ 89.93

Labor R&R/Flush lines..$385.88

Labor.............................$645.75

Shop Supplies...............$ 48.98

Valve Body Recond. Kit.$169.00

Reverse Drum Assemb..$ 45.25

Accumulator Piston Set..$ 28.12

EPC Solenoid.................$ 69.35

Coupon.........................-$100.00

_________

$2182.35

Tax $ 69.05

Total $2251.40

Comes with a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty on parts and labor.

Not bad at all. Would have been about what I would have charged, turnaround would be longer due to my other work schedule.

I would have added the Trans-Go kit.

Got her waxed up a couple of days ago. It's raining now, of course dry.gif

IMG-20120807-00143.jpg

IMG-20120807-00147.jpg

contour got new (used) rear struts. sooo much better but one of the ones i bought is bad also, so i will just go buy another. I also swapped out the lower intake manifolds and imrc box. I realized a few days ago the secondaries were not opening and after some inspection i found the butterfly valves were stuck solid in the lower manifold, decided to replace the control box too just in case that was damaged by the fact that they were siezed. next up is a rear brake hose i noticed is ready to split in two and hopefully another strut on that corner at the same time.

IMG_8209.jpg

295/70/18 Terra Grapplers.

Nice grille emblem.

Received a TSB for the '12 Jetta wagon in the mail. "Low sulfur diesel only" stickers for the fuel door.

Can you find non-ULSD without getting off the beaten path (Co-Op or the like)?

Can you find non-ULSD without getting off the beaten path (Co-Op or the like)?

Not anymore since it's now mandated.... which is why I thought it was kinda funny they sent out a label. We'll be traveling into Mexico in October and I'm not sure if they have ULSD down there. Ironically, the car was assembled in Mexico.

Not anymore since it's now mandated.... which is why I thought it was kinda funny they sent out a label. We'll be traveling into Mexico in October and I'm not sure if they have ULSD down there. Ironically, the car was assembled in Mexico.

You are driving a nice new car into Mexico??? blink.gif

Isn't it risky driving into Mexico? Or is that bull that people tell me/I see on TV?

You are driving a nice new car into Mexico??? blink.gif

Isn't it risky driving into Mexico? Or is that bull that people tell me/I see on TV?

This will be the second time we've taken the ***-Wag to Mexico.

Some places in Mexico are still terribly dangerous, especially the Texas border crossings. We're going to Puerto Penasco aka Rocky Point, about an hour south of the Arizona border. It's considered the Arizona beach since so many Arizonians own property down there. It's fairly safe. Mom-in-law owns a beach house in a gated community. We bring in most of our own food, and I only drink the bottled water that's found in green bottles (Dos Equis).

So I happened to see the 03 escape pull into the garage last night and notice that the parking light on the side that was redone from the deer hit had a washed out white look to it. Closer examination showed the bulb to be peeling. I took a look in the manual and found minimal info for parking light replacement and a look under the hood didn't look promising. After reading online that you need to remove the fender to replace the bulb I just gave up. How in the hell can you design something so stupid was all I could think.

So I happened to see the 03 escape pull into the garage last night and notice that the parking light on the side that was redone from the deer hit had a washed out white look to it. Closer examination showed the bulb to be peeling. I took a look in the manual and found minimal info for parking light replacement and a look under the hood didn't look promising. After reading online that you need to remove the fender to replace the bulb I just gave up. How in the hell can you design something so stupid was all I could think.

Uh...it isn't that bad...

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/11riv-replace-2003-escape-front-turn-signal-bulb.html

YOu can handle that. 30 minute job tops including a beverage break :)

I don't want to have to remove anything other than the light housing to replace a bulb.

That procedure is as bad a late model Chrysler sedan, remove the tire and fender liner to change the battery.

I took the battery out of my Caprice and the roughly $3000 in parts I had in the trunk out in preparation of a sale. So much s**t in that thing.

Hopefully the battery isn't dead. That would suck.

Uh...it isn't that bad...

http://www.justanswe...ignal-bulb.html

YOu can handle that. 30 minute job tops including a beverage break :)

I guess I never thought of going in from the wheel wheel, hopefully it is the same for the passenger side.

But like said above there is no reason for more work than 2 pins and and maybe a bolt like in the gen 4 taurus headlight removal process.

I took the battery out of my Caprice and the roughly $3000 in parts I had in the trunk out in preparation of a sale. So much s**t in that thing.

Hopefully the battery isn't dead. That would suck.

Started right up after a night of charging. Been since October. Maybe I shouldn't get rid of it.

I guess I never thought of going in from the wheel wheel, hopefully it is the same for the passenger side.

But like said above there is no reason for more work than 2 pins and and maybe a bolt like in the gen 4 taurus headlight removal process.

For my Gen 4's I keep a nut driver in each car so I can remove the lamp out on the road. Spare bulb also.

But then, I am a bit paranoid.:o :o

And I carry a spare key in each car also.

Nearly needed one as I dropped my keys in a motel lot 600 miles from home. Grandson spotted them.

-chart-

Started right up after a night of charging. Been since October. Maybe I shouldn't get rid of it.

I wouldn't. Preserve the Caprice if you have one. Those things are amazing. :wub:

Also, I finally now have FOUR cup holders in my 1995 Thunderbird! It's awesome :D

You don't even carry four human-people in your Thunderbird... unsure.gif