Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

As much as I hated the ergonomics of my manager's 2012 F-150, it pulled a good 20 Mpg according to the fuel computer. That's not bad for a full sized truck. Even if they gave us those, and put a camper shell on it, that'd be amazing for our department. But nope, old unreliable vehicles that sit for weeks at a time before we need them. I mean hell, I was still in school when that truck was brand new. And it always has some sort of breakdown within 6 months. All brake lines have been replaced, all brake hardware,  tires, fuel pump, blower motor resistor, starter, alternator. I don't think I've ever called it in for preventative maintenance. Generally it breaks down and they do the PM too for more money for them. And being a fleet vehicle... I know it has not had an easy 17 years of life. But the engine burns no oil or leaks, and the transmission still shifts very smoothly, that's the only thing dependable on it, everything else is just old and raggity.

I just got the GT back from my local shop after a major suspension overhaul that was desperately needed. The front struts, rear quadra-shocks, front and rear coil springs, the front right lower control arm and front left knuckle/spindle assembly have all been replaced. It rides and handles much better now. 

IMG_1966.JPG

2 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

I just got the GT back from my local shop after a major suspension overhaul that was desperately needed. The front struts, rear quadra-shocks, front and rear coil springs, the front right lower control arm and front left knuckle/spindle assembly have all been replaced. It rides and handles much better now. 

IMG_1966.JPG

is it... is it... lifted?

• Like 1

Headlamps have been ugraded. B) 

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

• Like 2

They are LED bulbs that I already had in this car with the stock housings. 

So what do you have running in the fog lights now?

The foglamps are also LEDs. Except for the front marker and turn signal bulbs, every exterior lamp on this Mustang is LED not incandescent. 

f052e68d5532550be6e078f320b6f340.jpg

Headlight when I started...

df40be05284b7feca6c4e6ad11c7661f.jpg

When I finished...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I had the exhaust system changed on the Impala today.  I ordered everything from work.  I went with Walker replacement resonator, pipe assembly, and muffler.  I took it to a local exhaust shop and had it installed and welded together instead of clamping it all.  Muffler had the beginnings of a leak and the pipe section was slightly kinked from the wreck my sister had years ago.  Now the car has a completely new exhaust from the manifolds back including the converter  I had put on a few months back.  On Friday it goes in to have a power steering hose replaced due to a slow leak....enough to make a mess after 3 or 4 days.  I hit a deer with it and also some road debris which left the paint on my bumper cracked.  I didn't really notice it, but was very evident after a power wash.  So,  I've ordered an LS bumper cover with fogs and fog lamp assembles to replace the base bumper cover.  I'll have all that by Thursday and then I'll have it painted and swap it out.  That's about it....unless I decide to buy a tuned PCM for it.

Jeff

IMAG0121.jpg

Parked it in my driveway at the new house! W00t!

Displaying IMG_20170205_150558.jpg

Anybody want to seed and straw? I have two bags of 10,000 sq/ft grass seed.

Fixed the radio in the '87 for the most part. The dash speakers were upgraded to Rockford Fosgate R14X2 speakers and the rear speakers got the Premium Sound speakers from the '97 that used to be in the front doors. I need to replace the head unit since it would experience channel dropout, but I hit it really hard a few days ago and worked fine all day today, so, that's a thing.

dXecnTT.jpg

Also, both the cars are February cars, so the sedan turns 20 this year and the wagon 30. Both have been running great, but of course they both have small things I've got to finish fixing. The wagon decided that the passenger window doesn't need to go down anymore, just like the sedan's. I know what's wrong with the sedan (regulator is binding), but the wagon's window was fine until a few days ago. It's probably something loose that I'll fix when I go in the door to replace the door lock actuators and install the vent window.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kodachrome Wolf said:

The dash speakers were upgraded to Rockford Fosgate

That is a name I haven't heard since the 90's! Are they still quality items?

Both cars are looking great!

• Like 1

I spent two hours after work installing this beauty....a balmy 38 degrees or thereabouts outside.  Saturday the whole car will be buffed out.  The front cap will have some light color sanding done to correct a few areas of unacceptable orange peel where the fenders meet the doors.  This was never done when I had the car painted last year and my friend that did the previous paint work doesn't have time to get this done so I've hired another body shop to get it finished 100%.  The deer and road debris incident caused me to need to have the bumper resprayed.  It was cheaper to start with a fresh bumper cover labor wise so I upgraded.  This bumper was booth painted and bake cured so the finish should be more durable than before.  The  fogs are currently non functional, but I hope to get those working soon.  I'm planning to wire them to the low beams via a switched relay.  I cannot make them function like OEM without a donor wiring harness and new body control module.  My base model is pretty much a full fledged LS with sport appearance package clone at this point.  I still have to reinstall the license plate filler panel which I'll do sometime this week.

Jeff

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

• Like 4

The Mustang is currently out of my garage for (probably) the next couple of weeks. Things are happening... :ph34r: 

• Like 1

I rotated the tires on the T&C a few days ago, which ended up being quite an ordeal since the shop that had the wheels off last put them back on way too tight. I tried the useless lug wrench that comex with it and bent the socket end all up. I then broke out the small air compressor and impact and that didn't touch them. Since my proper lug wrench and breaker bar are at my parents house in the taurus I had to improvise. I endef up welding a 3/4" socket to a 1 1/4" wrench. then I had to double that up with another for about 2' of length which I had to pull with all I had to break most of the nuts loose. I was not impressed at all but got it done three hours later

20170209_110734_zpsr39aov0k.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

I bought some Mondeo style Chinese knock off headlights. Got them installed the other day:

20170216_140844_zpsokuflybg.jpg

HID low beams and LED high beams.

image-20170216_140822_zpsavolohef.jpg

Also has sequential turn signals:

I had to uninstall them though as the ballasts are faulty.

Will need to buy replacements before I can reinstall.

• Like 1

I like those!  I just bought a sterling grey 2014 Fusion a few days ago to replace my 09 Sable.   You're giving me ideas.

Jeff

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I like those!  I just bought a sterling grey 2014 Fusion a few days ago to replace my 09 Sable.   You're giving me ideas.

Jeff

Mine is a 2014 too.

Is it illegal to post other forums here? Maybe Ill just shoot you a PM.

You can post whatever you want :-) cmon now we aren't like that at TSOC

• Like 3

I have fixed some random stalls and limp-mode on my Sonata (no CEL) - changed the Throttle Position Sensor ($25 part).

A lot has changed since I was last here and announced the purchase of my 2015 Fusion almost two years ago its crazy I havent owned my Taurus in almost two years time does fly. 

not recent but here it goes...

magnaflow catback w/ resonator delete

injen cold air intake

livernois 93 octane performance tune

eibach lowering springs

focus ST wheels powdercoated black

6k HID lights

LED license plate lights

vinyl wrapped roof black

16422616_1125136454265212_38958239172332side shot of fusion

Edited by blackout
  • Like 1