What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

20 minutes ago, Rohand901 said:

Heres some shots of a meet I went to last night in the Fuckus

2016-04-05 21.30.35.jpg

2016-04-05 21.19.14.jpg

2016-04-05 21.04.15.jpg

As always, #PicturesTakenWithAPotato

Tuned it yet?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Work day today for the '97. The brake shudder came back, so I went ahead and decided to see if replacing the brake hardware will eliminate it. Parts fixed/replaced: New calipers on both si

The only trouble is if either of you try showing down on the street no one will think you're racing, just attempting to briskly accelerate.

More mods! Found the part number for the OEM black Charger emblem, so I did a swap. Yes yes, I could have plastidipped it, but this was just as cheap, and won't peel over time.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

Today I assessed the situation with my late mothers 04 Impala.  This was the car that I had given to my sister to use after my mom had passed away that she basically trashed and then returned to me after the head gasket blew.  I bought this car brand new from Cavenaugh Chevrolet in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas in 2004 with 2 miles on the odometer.  It was my first brand new car that I bought myself,  then passed it to my mother sometime around 2006ish and it was in her possession until her death in 2008.  It's a base model 3400 engine with zero options...the definition of fleet.  I added the LS spoiler myself when it was a year or so old.  This car was pristine when both I and my mom had it.  I think it had roughly 68K miles on it when my sister started using it.  It now has around 150K on it and here are the pictures.  I removed the door panel on the FR door and I replaced the broken passenger side mirror today(needs painted).  Tomorrow I am replacing the front fenders on both sides with Keystone aftermarket units(will need painted).  It will also need a rear bumper cover before I take it to be painted as well.  I pushed the dent out of the drivers side fender, but the metal is so thin if you put any pressure on that area it pops right back in so I'll just do both sides plus it is sort of wavy through that area(I already have both anyway).  It needs a lot.  Mechanically I think it will be sound once the head gaskets are done.  It will likely need new suspension, brakes, and tires to really make it feel less tired on the road.    I plan on also swapping some alloy wheels (stock) onto it at some time.  I may even sell my 09 Sable and drive this car once I get it where I want it to be.  Likely though I'll just keep both.  Here are a few pictures.  The car has been sitting for about a year now so I'm planning on going through everything on it and normally I would not spend the amount of money on an 04 Impala that I'm about to spend, but it does have sentimental value to me and I'm tired of just seeing it sit around and deteriorate.

2016-04-05_19.02.10_zpsnhkeruth.jpg2016-04-05_19.02.00_zpsvgushrsj.jpg2016-04-05_19.00.59_zpsericzkba.jpg2016-04-05_19.01.16_zpsgwyuqfbl.jpg2016-04-05_19.01.48_zpshmt8hyp7.jpg2016-04-05_19.01.33_zpsjl6eqpb8.jpg2016-04-05_19.02.27_zpsh5vj9suv.jpg

A buddy of mine might be parting with his LS in the coming months. It's got the dead-all reliable 3800 and still rides well for a car with 165k on it!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rohand901 said:

Heres some shots of a meet I went to last night in the Fuckus

2016-04-05 21.30.35.jpg

As always, #PicturesTakenWithAPotato

Dat Fox body. 

6 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

@Brian_05_SEL yeah, and its a 5.0....unlike some peoples mustangs.....

*sips iced tea*

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

@SHOenough, Not yet, its still on the factory tune. Needs bigger FMIC and a tune for sure though

@Brian_05_SEL yeah, and its a 5.0....unlike some peoples mustangs.....

The original Mustang had a 90 HP straight-6. Deal with it. 

Oh @Brian_05_SEL lighten up man. You know I just like giving everybody shit.
That being said, I will choose my words more carefully in the future.

I apologize for hating on your mustang, its your vehicle and I have no right to judge it.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

Brian - lighten up.  It's a light jab. Sheesh.

• Like 5

A slammed Lexus LS 400, wow ricers have really gone outside the box, waste of a good car if you ask me. Those things really do run forever. And who shows up with a V6 Challenger, I bet a school bus has a faster 0-60. And if that does have a Hemi, then Chrysler needs to do a better job of keeping the cheap rental car rims on the base models.

Dan, I would wait and let your factory warranty expire and then invest in a good tune, intake, and turbo back exhaust for the ST. Livernois is pretty much the best for Ecoboost engines. I think they have a few packages for the ST. 

Jeff, the secretary at my office had pretty much the same exact Impala, base model 3.4L but in silver, she put 350,000 miles on the body and the first engine went 250,000 miles. She just replaced it with a newer Accord since it was beginning to have too many nagging issues. 

Nice, original mustang had more horsepower :lol:

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Thub said:

A slammed Lexus LS 400, wow ricers have really gone outside the box, waste of a good car if you ask me. Those things really do run forever. And who shows up with a V6 Challenger, I bet a school bus has a faster 0-60. And if that does have a Hemi, then Chrysler needs to do a better job of keeping the cheap rental car rims on the base models.

Dan, I would wait and let your factory warranty expire and then invest in a good tune, intake, and turbo back exhaust for the ST. Livernois is pretty much the best for Ecoboost engines. I think they have a few packages for the ST. 

Jeff, the secretary at my office had pretty much the same exact Impala, base model 3.4L but in silver, she put 350,000 miles on the body and the first engine went 250,000 miles. She just replaced it with a newer Accord since it was beginning to have too many nagging issues. 

When I almost bought an ST a few years ago, I was planning on going with SSi. He's got the best tunes. He's got F150's running low 12's in the quarter, and had a 2.7 F150 beat a supercharged Tundra

different schools of thought I guess, I really liked that Lexus. It had the right look IMO, I wouldn't build one like that, but I can appreciate it.

Warranty expire? Its warrantied till 100k, I am not waiting that long #MagnussonMossWarrantyAct

• Like 2

Oh I'm surprised most Fords only have a power train warranty of 36,000 miles.

Sent from my XT1250 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Thub said:

He chose to get the Ford CPO extended coverage with it. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Thub said:

60,000 mile powertrain from new, 100,000 mile if you buy it CPO.

That 100,000 is the main reason I bought mine CPO.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

How is your pinto mustang anyway?

Edited by machausta
  • Like 5
35 minutes ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

Staying out of the snow in my garage. 

You have snow in your garage? jk  You still have snow in April?

I had the Fuckus tinted this week. 35% all around with the windshield sunstrip. Thats the legal limit in NC, I would have loved to go darker than that, but I'll play by the rules for now. it is AMAZING how much the tint on the red turd has faded in comparison.

I felt like I was driving in a fishbowl before. It was begging for tint. Its the first mod of what I can only imagine is going to be a very long build

2016-04-06 15.53.08.jpg

2016-04-06 15.00.11.jpg

2016-04-06 15.00.00.jpg

2016-04-06 14.32.45.jpg

It was a little pricey, but it came with a lifetime warranty and I supported a local small business, I feel good about that lol

• Like 2

Maybe it was 60,000 miles for the Power train, I couldn't remember. All I know is that when my dads 2010 Fusion had a wheel bearing go out Ford wouldn't cover it under warranty... that was at ~50,000 miles.  He was a little upset at that but he didn't bother wasting time fighting with them, just left and took it to his buddy to fix.

I thought I paid a little bit on the high side when I tinted the SHO late last summer but it was the lifetime 3M color stable tint and the guy who did the tinting had excellent reviews and he didn't let me down. I'd go back to him no questions asked and pay a little more for a quality job.

• Like 1