Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

maybe to an extent, but if I want to blend in...I have a taurus

post-4065-0-24550800-1456950731_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hey guize!

Looking for some honest feedback here...that should go well (Sarcasm intended)

Why should I NOT buy this?

OK, then. Honest answer.... because you hate hatchbacks, turbos, and/or having fun. :P That's why you should not. If you do like fun/turbos/hatches, then by all means. Buy it. 

How much? How many miles, what package?

Its a 2014, ST3 with sunroof. 6300 miles. They want $22k ish. I think i need to have it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Buy it. Just be prepared to pay regularly for the privilege. The car screams "Look at me. Look at me." So if you happen to do something a little questionable, expect to be noticed.

• Like 1

Good deal. 

Buy it. Just be prepared to pay regularly for the privilege. The car screams "Look at me. Look at me." So if you happen to do something a little questionable, expect to be noticed.

Nobody buys a car painted in "Tangerine SCREAM" (and with racing graphics) expecting not to get noticed... ;) 

Man, that'll make for some expensive Sunday afternoon drives lol.

Thats why I didn't buy it already, cause I've been thinking about it for two weeks

• Like 1

I wouldn't be worried about Tangerine Scream getting you speeding tickets, we have had a vehicle in Chrome Yellow for 13 years and logged 155,000 miles, and it has net 0 speeding tickets in that time, and my mom could probably be classified between an assertive and an aggressive driver.  Its more about not being a moron and doing stupid stuff, and if you do plan to speed that much you could probably invest in a decent radar detector.  What attracts more attention are gaudy looks and loud distinct exhaust...Subaru WRX and STIs.

I'd remove the stupid racing graphics though, a car in a solid bright color like that needs to be left alone to look best.

I wouldn't be worried about Tangerine Scream getting you speeding tickets, we have had a vehicle in Chrome Yellow for 13 years and logged 155,000 miles, and it has net 0 speeding tickets in that time, and my mom could probably be classified between an assertive and an aggressive driver.  Its more about not being a moron and doing stupid stuff, and if you do plan to speed that much you could probably invest in a decent radar detector.

To be honest, I drive fairly assertively. My lane changes are sharp, and I'm always fast to get up to speed (insert vulcan/ax4n joke here), but I always stay within the 6-9mph over the limit rule. Always.

I got a warning for 10 over in a 55 down here. I think it might have had something to do with chrome wheels and profiling, but I digress.

I'm not as worried about drawing attention as I was about my liking the color over the length of my ownership.

It's grown on me alot more than I thought it would, especially because its a color-changing metallic. IT looks different at night than it does mid-day. (I've been drooling over this car for 2 weeks debating buying it)

In any case, I drove it tonight with the salesman and my dad who has bought two cars from him. I love it, I really do.

I'm pretty rusty at standard, but its fun.

The car is FAST, faster than I think I could use. I can see how these are hilarious fun.

Should be getting financing info tomorrow. Hope it goes well

And yeah, those vinyl graphics are going away before the first polish and wax

To be honest, I drive fairly assertively. My lane changes are sharp, and I'm always fast to get up to speed (insert vulcan/ax4n joke here), but I always stay within the 6-9mph over the limit rule. Always.

I got a warning for 10 over in a 55 down here. I think it might have had something to do with chrome wheels and profiling, but I digress.

I'm not as worried about drawing attention as I was about my liking the color over the length of my ownership.

It's grown on me alot more than I thought it would, especially because its a color-changing metallic. IT looks different at night than it does mid-day. (I've been drooling over this car for 2 weeks debating buying it)

In any case, I drove it tonight with the salesman and my dad who has bought two cars from him. I love it, I really do.

I'm pretty rusty at standard, but its fun.

The car is FAST, faster than I think I could use. I can see how these are hilarious fun.

Should be getting financing info tomorrow. Hope it goes well

And yeah, those vinyl graphics are going away before the first polish and wax

You'll like the yellow.  Its just something about being bright and standing out on the road. Most cars are all boring colors so when you see a bright color its a breath of fresh air. Its like being part of a club...the bright colored cars club. 

Still today in 2016 when we drive down the road in the Chrome Yellow Escape and see another one pass on the road, the other driver always seems to make eye contact.  It makes a common car much more special.  For example in a metro area of close to 300,000 people, we can go months before seeing another yellow Escape.  There are probably less than a few dozen of those Chrome Yellow Escape in the entire NE Wisconsin region. 

I KNOW!

All the cars on the road are some form of white, black, grey, silver, beige, tan, or silver frost metallic mercury sable wagons.

I used to think my merlot was special because it stood out, but it doesnt. Its just your average 4 door in a "darker" color.

I think i'm really gonna like the yellow too. I'm super dooper shy, maybe this will get me out of it, get my confidence up some.

I think i've only ever seen a handful of yellow escapes, I'll have to keep an eye out for more, but I doubt it down here in the retirement belt.

• Like 2

I KNOW!

All the cars on the road are some form of white, black, grey, silver, beige, tan, or silver frost metallic mercury sable wagons.

I used to think my merlot was special because it stood out, but it doesnt. Its just your average 4 door in a "darker" color.

I think i'm really gonna like the yellow too. I'm super dooper shy, maybe this will get me out of it, get my confidence up some.

I think i've only ever seen a handful of yellow escapes, I'll have to keep an eye out for more, but I doubt it down here in the retirement belt.

One of my friends pointed out that all of our vehicles are primary colors, Yellow, Blue,and Red, not including the ugly off silver/tan Subaru.

The black bug/stone shield really makes ours stick out and I think really makes the front end look 10x better.  My favorite color on the Gen 1 Escape by far, especially in the XLT Sport trim.  Ours is a low-mid level XLT Popular II.

IMG_0918_zpssetp5p9q.jpg

And my favorite picture of that car...even in the UP winter, looks great.

photo3_zps75d86d2c.jpg

I KNOW!

All the cars on the road are some form of white, black, grey, silver, beige, tan, or silver frost metallic mercury sable wagons

.... hey!  :icon_neutral:

Hope you get the ST, Danny! Those things are quick and the color is unique, I think you'll like it in the long run!

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited

--Hey Too! :notworthy:

-chart-

--Hey Too! :notworthy:

-chart-

Can't sneak anything past you people...

Hope you get the ST, Danny! Those things are quick and the color is unique, I think you'll like it in the long run!

I think I will get it, I love my taurus, but its certainly not a "fun, summer car" and I think thats something I would like to have.

Why blend in, when you can stand out?

• Like 2

Its a 2014, ST3 with sunroof. 6300 miles. They want $22k ish. I think i need to have it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

If you could talk them down to $20K I would buy it! Then the modding can begin...

Don't worry, I think cars should have colors on them like blue to prevent them from being boring :)

• Like 1

Can't sneak anything past you people...

I think I will get it, I love my taurus, but its certainly not a "fun, summer car" and I think thats something I would like to have.

Why blend in, when you can stand out?

Why stand out when you can blend in. I am 76, I like to blend. 199 miles toady, no hassle, no event. '03 Silver Frost Wagon. :notworthy:

Surplus City and Harbor Freight!

-chart-

Edited by -chart-
  • Like 1

Dan's FoST should be named "Orange Julius". :P 

Why stand out when you can blend in. I am 76, I like to blend. 199 miles toady, no hassle, no event. '03 Silver Frost Wagon. :notworthy:

-chart-

Chart, I am with you.

Back in the summer of 1972 I was driving east on Highway 1 (southern Saskatchewan), in my 1967 Ford wagon (289 - three speed standard - Hurst floor shifter - vinyl interior, etc.) when I spotted a GTO Judge on the access road coming out from Maple Creek. Very easy to identify, even from a good mile away.

Orange, black eyebrows (graphics) over the wheel wells, wing/spoiler on the rear. Even though I was cruising at 75 mph, I fully expected to be passed within minutes. Yet, he did not. He stayed about a quarter mile behind me. It was like we were tethered by a long cable.

Fifteen minutes later or so, I crested a hill and spotted a little tripod (radar) at the side of the road and then the RCMP cruiser behind some trees in a roadside park.

Expletive deleted. Yet nothing happened. Then same hill, same speed, except he was driving a bright orange GTO Judge. And he was stopped (and I assume issued a ticket.)

Ugly, blue green wagon - no ticket. Bright orange, graphics, wing - ticket. Is there a message there?

-chart-

You are the most computer literate 76 year old I have ever met. Many more years of it to ya!

Chart, I am with you.

Back in the summer of 1972 I was driving east on Highway 1 (southern Saskatchewan), in my 1967 Ford wagon (289 - three speed standard - Hurst floor shifter - vinyl interior, etc.) when I spotted a GTO Judge on the access road coming out from Maple Creek. Very easy to identify, even from a good mile away.

Orange, black eyebrows (graphics) over the wheel wells, wing/spoiler on the rear. Even though I was cruising at 75 mph, I fully expected to be passed within minutes. Yet, he did not. He stayed about a quarter mile behind me. It was like we were tethered by a long cable.

Fifteen minutes later or so, I crested a hill and spotted a little tripod (radar) at the side of the road and then the RCMP cruiser behind some trees in a roadside park.

Expletive deleted. Yet nothing happened. Then same hill, same speed, except he was driving a bright orange GTO Judge. And he was stopped (and I assume issued a ticket.)

Ugly, blue green wagon - no ticket. Bright orange, graphics, wing - ticket. Is there a message there?

Yes, the message is that profiling is still a thing. And thats okay

• Like 2

You are the most computer literate 76 year old I have ever met. Many more years of it to ya!

Yes, the message is that profiling is still a thing. And thats okay

I remember lunch with a small group, away from home, work, this lady complained that here rental sports car would attract smokey, while old coot in the Lin Town Car would be ignored. That is a price you pay. Last time I got a ticket, ~1991 in '88 Taurus. So that is about 25 ticket free years. Last time I was stopped other than that, driving old wagon on business, at night, 4 lane but rural not interstate, tooper pulls me over. I looked back in the mirror and two of them, with flashlights slowly looking in the back of the wagon. Then up to the front, lights in both side. Tooper said, move on. I did just that. That was a regular route for me, I knew right where they sat, like 90% of the time. Perfect spot to sit, right in plain sight but in a curve where you would see them too late. I was being too careful maybe.

My daughter, driving my older wagon, trooper stopped here local on the interstate. Looked inside, told her the window tint was too dark, move on. She was driving too carefull in my op. She was 44 at the time and never been stopped before.

Oh wait, careful driving wagons? Guess I better speed up. :pat:

-chart-

Edited by -chart-

Rohand901, my feelings are hurt. There are other septuagenarians on this forum.

E11GN2b.jpg

In 2011, coming back from attending the Ford Nationals in Carlisle Pennsylvania, the SVT-WGN was in cruise at 140 km/hour (a little over 85 mph) heading north on Interstate 29 North Dakota. Because both my son and his friend smoked, he was traveling with Eric in the other Focus behind me (and Eric's wife was with me - neither of us smoke). I signalled to move into the left lane and accelerated to get by a semi when Eric shouted into the FRS "Radar, radar, radar".

I looked ahead. Too late. I could see the county mountie about a quarter mile ahead, so we zoomed right past him and moved back into the right lane. If I could see him, he could see me. Yet no red lights. Later in the day, Eric asked how did I avoid the ticket considering the speed I was going. My answer, born of many observations, "Wagon. Grey. And white haired old geezer driving."

Of course the real answer is the semi was the larger target, reflecting the stronger signal, and I literally went under the radar. But I still like to think drab colours and wagon play a big part.

• Like 1