Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

Got a set of 'Pony' wheels last night to replace the Mustang's stock 14" rubber. :P Four 16x7" aluminum wheels (see below) wearing used P245/50R16 Goodyear Eagle GS-C tires.

Can 88hp even push a set of 245 wide tires? :P

• Like 2

I suppose we'll find out soon... 

Can 88hp even push a set of 245 wide tires? :P

Yes. Yes it can. B)

post-3-0-78011800-1454286890_thumb.jpeg

At least it looks like a proper Mustang now.

• Like 2

20160131_134751_zpsmdcidhyh.jpg

CVPI centre caps.

Edited by mmmfloorpie

That's a sick cop car.

That's a sick cop car.

You know, I'm the LAST person in the world who would ever be a "cop wannabe" but I did think today when I put them on: "The coolest detective car at the police station" haha.

20160131_140556_zpsqor8hl5j.jpg

20160131_140506_zpsy95tdwm0.jpg

20160131_153609_zpsob5azu5q.jpg

Here it was last week before the caps:

20160125_121436_zpsanavuyr4.jpg

Edited by mmmfloorpie
  • Like 1

I just ordered a new stereo head unit and radiator for the Mustang. Scheduled the installation of four new tires for next Tuesday, too.

The Marquis keeps on with 162,000 on the clock:

4kPYtlW.jpg

Helped my friend get the G20 washed down:

XpEij3b.jpg

It needs serious tree sap removal along with a polish and wax. Being under a pine tree for so long hasn't helped much and a lot of the pre-wash rinse down was spent spraying pine straw and related crud from the drip rails, wiper cowling, and other areas. Sure looks a lot better, however. I wish he would get a battery soon, I'm ready to keep on with this project.

Who needs brakes when you have AWD. I had to push it hard but that little car still chewed though 8" of heavy wet snow. 

I'll pay the price tomorrow when the steering wheel is shaking all over the place, probably added 100lbs of snow to various parts of the drive line. Even the space between the exhaust heat shields and driveshaft was filled with snow, that will melt or get thrown out pretty quick though.

IMG_20160202_180816036_zpskp0nrimf.jpg

• Like 1

Lots going on for me right now. The fusion is at the body shop right now, so far they have the windshield out and have started rust repair on the roof and hood, fenders are in primer. Hopefully another week or two and I will have the car back all fixed up. It is going to be so weird to see this car all in one color.

Then the Subaru I have been gathering parts. I went to the dealer and got the updated separator plate and bolts. Picked up fluids and some sealant already. Going to hold off for a few weeks and let my bank account recover from all this spending before I order the rest of the stuff.

Discovered that the "stripped" bolt hole actually was previously repaired. Engine is in the garage on the engine stand with the oil pan off where I found metal shavings from the bolt hole repair. There is a part of a helicoil in the hole already, the rest of it must have come out with the bolt when it was removed. Going to see about installing a threaded sleeve this time around in place of the helicoil. My neighbor runs a machine shop out his garage so I'm going to bring it over to him to see what he thinks.

• Like 1

Did a checkup on my friend's C1500. Oil consumption by the 350 is miserable. It has about 550 or so miles on the oil change and had already consumed a quart of oil. It got topped up to full, but that much used in such short distance is awful. At the current rate, the oil will have virtually been changed by the next oil change interval and all it would need is a filter. :D

On the plus side, using 5W-30 has helped in the cool weather and he has noticed a slight improvement in overall MPG.

If it's using that much oil...you should try using some 10/40 or 20/50.  If the tolerances are that loose....trust me it wouldn't hurt it.  That  could make the usage tolerable.  Or try adding a bottle of Lucas(I don't use it, but so many swear by it).

Jeff

• Like 1

The Mustang gets four new tires installed tomorrow morning. Total mileage stands at 161,790. 

I got a Pioneer stereo head unit with AM/FM, CD, Bluetooth hands-free calling, and Aux USB input installed over the weekend, too. The stock Ford speakers are... uhh, acceptable with this new HU, so they can currently wait to be replaced. 

• Like 2

Pulled the alternator out of Barney in record time! Just under an hour (it sounds like a long time until you own a V8). Currently playing the alternator game, will either take it back to the shop that rebuilt it before to have it done again for free. If he won't do it for free, my aunt has a Windstar 3.8 that uses basically the same alternator, and she has a lifetime warranty replacement at Autozone and I'll just warranty it out...

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited

Bought a new-to-me vehicle.

It's not a "domestic" product (So not a Ford, GM, or Chrysler), however it was assembled in Illinois. I normally would never buy this brand, except for $100 for a vehicle that runs beautifully but needs new timing tensioner (Uses a belt) quite frankly isn't a horrible deal.

Bought it from a coworker, and his wife just wanted it gone. I was much more than happy to help with this issue.

Who can guess what I bought? :lol:

• Like 1

I can take a wild guess. :ph34r: 

Did a checkup on my friend's C1500. Oil consumption by the 350 is miserable. It has about 550 or so miles on the oil change and had already consumed a quart of oil. It got topped up to full, but that much used in such short distance is awful. At the current rate, the oil will have virtually been changed by the next oil change interval and all it would need is a filter. :D

On the plus side, using 5W-30 has helped in the cool weather and he has noticed a slight improvement in overall MPG.

My 4.6 had about that much oil consumption on 5W-30. Switched to 10W-40 and it decreased dramatically.

Bought a new-to-me vehicle.

It's not a "domestic" product (So not a Ford, GM, or Chrysler), however it was assembled in Illinois. I normally would never buy this brand, except for $100 for a vehicle that runs beautifully but needs new timing tensioner (Uses a belt) quite frankly isn't a horrible deal.

Bought it from a coworker, and his wife just wanted it gone. I was much more than happy to help with this issue.

Who can guess what I bought? :lol:

The only transplant factory I know of in Illinois is Mitsubishi. And since it was $100...

You didn't buy an Eagle Summit, did you?

• Like 1

Well, it IS a DSM... :P

But not a Summit.

I am uploading from my telephone to my computer.

It shares a name with one of NASA's retired Space Shuttle orbiters.

And it has this sticker

20160208_163937.jpg

• Like 1

Just what you needed, another 3.8L

• Like 2

Lol, yep.

It is an Endeavor.

20160208_162936.jpg

Purchased for $100 as my coworker's wife was told it had a bad engine. Therefore she bought a new car and they were going to junk it, but her husband thankfully never did. So pretty much he's helping me out with just pretty much letting me have it even with the suspicion of a failed timing component.

I love Youtube... It is common to have a failing timing belt tensioner, thus giving the allusion of a failed engine. The way my coworker described it was exactly like the video - when accelerating it disappears, when idling or taking pressure off the engine, the "knocking" comes back.

This is exactly what the Mitsub***hy is doing:

I have it parked, and going to order new parts for it. Once repaired this thing should run like a dream.

• Like 2