Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

I like that Ford actually put real Fog lights on the Fusion and not the little LED strips.

I had always been told the yellow light is so much nicer for in the snow but never actually driven a car with yellow fogs in heavy snow until tonight, it really helps cut the glare down a lot.   Well I take that back I did drive my roommates girlfriend's Jeep Wrangler once with big 100 watt Hella 2500k spot lights in a snow storm.  That was a little different since the light was cast so far down the road.  That was the same time I got said lifted Jeep stuck in 4 inches of snow because I couldn't get it to go into 4wd...I learned that old school Jeep 4x4 doesn't like to engage on the move.

I found that the 2500K yellow fogs I put in the Sable wagon were fantastic for seeing through heavy fog, rain and snow. But, unfortunately, since installing these HID projectors they've actually been rendered useless. The low beam headlights put out so much light that the foglights' output makes no difference at all when I actually switch them on. A 100% cosmetic and not functional feature now. :P

I found that the 2500K yellow fogs I put in the Sable wagon were fantastic for seeing through heavy fog, rain and snow. But, unfortunately, since installing these HID projectors they've actually been rendered useless. The low beam headlights put out so much light that the foglights' output makes no difference at all when I actually switch them on. A 100% cosmetic and not functional feature now. :P

Time for a fog light retrofit? LOL

During the day, I run with my parking lights and fog lamps (in our cars that have fogs) on to act as DRLs, makes the car look sportier to me lol

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited

Today the Mustang got new fuel and oil filters, I ordered a new IAC and fuel filler cap, most of the fluids were flushed and refilled (engine oil, transmission, coolant, rear differential, and power steering), and a new battery.

A new radiator with pressure cap is on the agenda soon, too. The current timing belt checks out OK within manufacturer specs and can wait a while to be changed. 

• Like 1

Time for a fog light retrofit? LOL

During the day, I run with my parking lights and fog lamps (in our cars that have fogs) on to act as DRLs, makes the car look sportier to me lol

My factory fogs '03 Sable make a huge difference. I see the light low and to the sides of the road. Straight ahead, no difference. Daughter drives my '03 sedan, I tell here to always use fogs at night. I do the same on the '03 wagon but I also use a relay for voltage boost on low beams.

On the other hand the Lin Cont without fogs is better than my boosted sable with fogs. The HL are brighter, and wrap around to the sides OEM. Nothing needed. If Ford chose too, they could have done much better on Bulls.  And, the Lin has cornering light which are really nice. I do not remember anything with cornering lights except Lins since my '84 LTD and they were not operating when I bought the car. Relays under the dash were not gounded. I gounded them and cornering lights then worked.

-chart-

• Like 1

My factory fogs '03 Sable make a huge difference. I see the light low and to the sides of the road. Straight ahead, no difference. Daughter drives my '03 sedan, I tell here to always use fogs at night. I do the same on the '03 wagon but I also use a relay for voltage boost on low beams.

On the other hand the Lin Cont without fogs is better than my boosted sable with fogs. The HL are brighter, and wrap around to the sides OEM. Nothing needed. If Ford chose too, they could have done much better on Bulls.  And, the Lin has cornering light which are really nice. I do not remember anything with cornering lights except Lins since my '84 LTD and they were not operating when I bought the car. Relays under the dash were not gounded. I gounded them and cornering lights then worked.

-chart-

The reflector design on Tauruses Sables is really poor. My mom's Caravan that also uses 9007 bulbs (just like our bulls) is like a night and day difference between her stock bulbs and my upgraded GE Nighthawks that have been in both of my Tauruses. In my Gen 2, the headlights did nothing except illuminate closer signs and reflectors despite having clean and clear lenses and being aimed properly, I'm sure 94-95 LX/SE Discoballs would have made a difference, that should've been the original intended design, not the fluted lenses.

Dad's '96 Crown Vic LX has cornering lights, despite them not being very bright, they still do the job nicely and they're a cool feature. My aunt's old 1993 Taurus that she had in the early 2000s was a high series GL model, I remember it having body color bumpers and the optional cornering lamps and a console shift, but hubcaps and red cloth. 

Got a set of 'Pony' wheels last night to replace the Mustang's stock 14" rubber. :P  Four 16x7" aluminum wheels (see below) wearing used P245/50R16 Goodyear Eagle GS-C tires. 

mustang-pony-wheels_2296.jpg

• Like 1

Are you bringing this car to South Carolina?  

• Like 1

Are you bringing this car to South Carolina?  

If he does the only music I want to hear coming out of it is Vanilla Ice

• Like 3

No, I'm bringing the wagon for any and all road-trips I take this year. 

I'm sure as hell not taking an 88 horsepower car on the Interstate that requires going up and over the Appalachians...  :ohnoes:  :drive:

• Like 1

Bought myself an '00 Legacy GT last night that needs some engine work. It's pretty rusty and basically no paint left on the rear bumper. Interior is really nice, one of the previous owners smoked though and you can definitely tell.. The kid I bought it off of bought it December 11th for $2300 and the next day the headgasket blew on it, started to have a shop fix it but they found a stripped head bolt hole and told him it was time for a new engine. Felt kind of bad giving him basically a 3rd of what he paid just a month and a half ago. Pics in a while when Photobucket decides it wants to work.

I'm sure as hell not taking an 88 horsepower car on the Interstate that requires going up and over the Appalachians...  :ohnoes:  :drive:

Can you call my voicemail and say "I Bought an 88 horsepower MUSTANG"

that way I can play it back to you so you can hear how ridiculous it sounds too!

• Like 3

0127161252_zpskh7ura8s.jpg
  • Like 2

Can you call my voicemail and say "I Bought an 88 horsepower MUSTANG"

that way I can play it back to you so you can hear how ridiculous it sounds too!

I'm happy to leave you a voicemail, but you won't like what I have to say...  :nutkick:

Essexes run hot they say

20160119_075650.jpg

That was about 15 minutes of idling, then 30 Minutes of driving.

I am almost positive the Super Coupe lacks a thermostat.... Only making the S/C an even better winter vehcile.

At least put a 180* T-stat in while you can, running these with too low of an oil temp can be bad for cylinder wear.

• Like 1

Psshh... People got around just fine with that power before. Consider the 302 in the Panthers was making 150 HP in '87 with a single exhaust; not a whole lot of power for a large car. You just have to plan how you will go about doing your passing and be comfortable just cruising. Lock that little thing in at 65 or 70 MPH and I'm sure it would run comfortably. 

• Like 1

My Sable has 3 times the powahhhh of your Mustang. Im not sure how to feel about that....

• Like 2

My Sable has 3 times the powahhhh of your Mustang. Im not sure how to feel about that....

This could be fun! My Taurus has ~5.2x the power of his Mustang

• Like 1

As you mock him, he is sorting out his 5.0L swap so he can blow you guys away. It may not make as much HP as a modern engine but that that big V8 in that light weight little car will move.

• Like 2

I wasn't mocking....the other guy maybe. My boat isn't going to blow anything away.

As you mock him, he is sorting out his 5.0L swap so he can blow you guys away. It may not make as much HP as a modern engine but that that big V8 in that light weight little car will move.

I can't wait to see that! If I've still got my SHO I will gladly see him at the drag strip! Even if not, those old 5.0's made great bolt-on power

Who said anything about me swapping for a 5.0L? 

2.3turbo.jpg

:ph34r: 

• Like 1

Who said anything about me swapping for a 5.0L? 

2.3turbo.jpg

:ph34r:

Maybe but in in the Fox Mustang V8 is the way to go, put a nice beefed up cam in it and no turbo 2.3 would stand a chance, not to mention how good it would sound.  Not so aggressive that you can't drive it around town, but enough that it makes a difference.