What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

Photobucket isn't working I guess so I will try to attach a photo again.

What I got is a 94 5 speed in blue with grey leather at 135k miles. It is from Missouri and have virtually no rust (wooo!) there is no sunroof or keyless entry. Paid $700. And I know I overpaid for this one. The car is extremely rough and needs a ton of work. There is no straight body panel, seats All split at the seams, headliner is a little ripped up, audio system is hacked up, car misfires on only one cylinder when warm, no battery, slave cylinder popped, tires are extremely dry rotted. But they guy is letting me store it there for a little while and I guess I am saving it from the crusher. He had a package deal to let a bunch of his stuff go to the junkyard in a few weeks but decided to try to sell off a few things first if he could. This junkyard really specializes in old stuff and had no interest in this car other than for scrap... So I have a tremendously long road ahead of me, but I am happy that at the very least I can save this car from the crusher for a while longer.

And to be fair, I wasn't even going to go look at this car until Stocker talked me into it. Haha

post-20-0-21002700-1428247925_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-17883500-1428247946_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-25962100-1428247958_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-62623500-1428248012_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only trouble is if either of you try showing down on the street no one will think you're racing, just attempting to briskly accelerate.

Work day today for the '97. The brake shudder came back, so I went ahead and decided to see if replacing the brake hardware will eliminate it. Parts fixed/replaced: New calipers on both si

More mods! Found the part number for the OEM black Charger emblem, so I did a swap. Yes yes, I could have plastidipped it, but this was just as cheap, and won't peel over time.

Posted Images

I would have bought that, what a beautiful color too. I would just swap a ton of Thunderbird LX parts in since they began to look alike, please restore her, SC's, especially 94/95's in manual are rare.

Well I'm not sure if I posted this but I found a blue 94 manual grey leather sc at u pull a couple weeks ago. The body and interior were very nice on that car. I am going to see about getting doors, fenders, and seats from that car if they are still there and in the same shape that they were when I was last there. And yeah I read only 820 manual cars were built for 94.

I'll have to look. I wanna say late. I put a smaller pulley on it, but never used it. I'll get some pics for you this week. The plan was to build a blown Duratec but that never happened.

I cleaned the interior of my car. Took 2 days to complete with my other obligations, but it was so worth it. Wiped windows, wiped all the panels, vacuumed, cleaned the seats with Murphy's oil soap, washed the carpets and mats, sprayed Febreeze on the carpets and mats...it was 9-10 months of dirt and grime and sand...

Coming up soon, I'll need a new engine air filter, cabin air filter, oil change, and transmission fluid change. Maybe have my other fluids checked and the brakes.

Edited by it'sthatcar

And to be fair, I wasn't even going to go look at this car until Stocker talked me into it. Haha

:icon_mrgreen:

Fears were reassured. The Thunderbird LX cannot be aligned. Not enough threads on the left tie rod. Verified tie rod with old one, same measurement. Has to be a bad rack. I am just going to take it in on Wednesday morning before I go fix my grandfather's OnStar. :(

Does it turn the same number of turns from lock to lock off of center? Is it possible the rack was shipped with the steering shaft turned one revolution off?

I give up for now, I'm just brining in it in tomorrow morning.

Wait, Was this the car you spun the steering wheel on? Because that could also make one seem longer than the other

I fixed the steering wheel. What had happen was the wheel spun upside down when I detached it. I ended up going and disconnecting it, and rotating it 180 degrees. The steering wheel can bolt 2 ways on the ragjoint, and 1 way to the rack.

OK. Well put the wheel back. And then have them do the alignment. They can adjust the steering wheel angle with the tie rods. I bet in their quest to make the steering wheel sit level they ran out of threads on one side and had too many on the other.

I'm not going to bother anymore. I've lost my patience with the car 

AutoZone sucks, that is what is wrong with the Thunderbird.

• Like 1

O'Reilly isn't bad 

My brother works at O'Reillys, so he tends to give me the good deals on parts. I got the new rack today, wow what a difference...

The O'Reilly Rack (MasterPro) threads:

20150408_202753.jpg

The AutoZone rack next to the OEM Rack:

20150402_122816.jpg

I didn't even bother to check till it was too late :(

However, the shop is doing it for not too much money. I am supplying the new rack, and they will give me back both my old ones.

Since my T-Bird LX is at their shop, I was able to get this shot.

20150408_202911.jpg

I had a few positive comments about both my Birds today though. Shop that is doing the work, his buddy was there, and was admiring both my cars. Apparently the fact I have TWO "mint condition" Thunderbirds is unheard of in Illinois, and even offered $6k for one of them. Told him I wasn't interested, and that I would want more, understandable, he was alright with that. But apparently he wants first dibs on any of my Birds :P

• Like 1

Repainted the grille in a fresh coat of black gloss paint then did a fair amount of driving. Had some work to do at my late grandmother's house in Whitmire and I decided to get some photos.

Camped out in the garage/basement. A '93 and '01 MGM have also both resided in this garage over the years:

DOxVxP.jpg

Getting ready to go:

YVdGmF.jpg

The car now needs another wash down not only from the bugs I've collected, but also from the mud I threw on the rocker panels. The area before the garage was all mush, and I didn't realize that until I had backed halfway through it and the car bogged down and I spun the wheels a bit.