• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Scuba9898

What Have You Done To Your Other Vehicle Lately?

4003 posts in this topic

Trevor! I like the dash trim, but why did you wassh the plastidip off? I thought it looked pretty cool!

Mike,, where are the PIAA fogs mounted? I don't see them...

Since my original post I added LED's in the map,doors, tailights and cargo lights. I also put four cold cathodes under the dash for the footwells.

One of my low beam headlights went out so I put silverstar lows and highs in the headlights. The 9145 silverstar bulbs were 45 bucks so I bought a 3000K yellow set of HIDs and put them in the factory fogs. I also bought a smittbilt light bar, stripped the black powder coating and color matched it and added four 6" hella optilux 100Watt Hallogen lights.

8d18e668.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Mike

B)

Mike how hard was it to wire them all up? Looking to do something like that in the near future.

Alex

I just ordered 6 new COPs for the Escape...I'm done with replacing one at a time. As soon as I'd replace one, another one would go bad.

Mike how hard was it to wire them all up? Looking to do something like that in the near future.

Alex

Easy

Most lights come with the kit that includes the relay. You just need to get a keyed on trigger wire from inside the cab so you can mount a switch and just use that to trigger the relays.

Mike

B)

The eighteen-year-old required the use of the 95 Merc Villiager, so I spent a snowy day doing brakes and replacing a broken rim. Now the family hauler/truckster is back in action.

Snowy driving proved too frustrating though... Teen and van are back in their berths for the next few days, I think...

Cherokee ...

New Brake Lines

Painted black steel wheels white

Cherokee ...

New Brake Lines

Painted black steel wheels white

When that all comes off, get some plastidip

Mike

:D

Lucy got a new air filter this weekend.

That's it

/post :lol:

4runner-2.jpg

A rough idea of where I'll be trimming in order to fit 33" or possibly 35" tires without lifting icon_horns2.gif, this will also take care of most of the rust. It will also get new springs ,likely moog, to fix the rear sag. This will have to wait till the spring though. The wife gave the ok on it, she actually likes the idea (it's really her truck ).

Photoshoped some stuff I'd like to do.

Screen%20Shot%202012-01-17%20at%206.33.15%20PM.png

1 person likes this

Lucy got a new air filter this weekend.

.... are you having an affair? ph34r.gif

.... are you having an affair? ph34r.gif

Not with that b***h :rofl2:

You can do all that with about 4 cans of black plastidip.

Mike

Edited by mwt

You can do all that with about 4 cans of black plastidip.

Mike

I know. I wanted to try it when I had the Durango, never got around to it. I want to try it on the rims first.

The headlights, I found some DEPO ones on eBay for about $120. (Thats what I put in the picture.) Had the same kind in the Durango. Looked awesome.

Look on the whatever that is forums and see if they have a BHLM or black head light mod. You put the headlights in the oven to heat the glue up then seperate them, paint them, heat them up again and put them back together.

Mike

:dunno:

Look on the whatever that is forums and see if they have a BHLM or black head light mod. You put the headlights in the oven to heat the glue up then seperate them, paint them, heat them up again and put them back together.

Mike

:dunno:

Yeah, I know about that. Couple issues:

1) My mother would not approve of me baking my headlights in her oven.

2) If I screw up (like somebody on the forum did) and end up with a melted headlight, now I'm SOL, ruined a perfectly good headlight, and have to buy a new one.

Devin you could take a heat gun and heat up around the edge of the light to heat the glue up. I ended up doing that for the F150 tail lights for the leds

Alex

Finally broke my wifes' mazdas' mod cherry! 5k hid's for the hibeams due to the upcoming arizona roadtrip in march, unfortunately the taurus will have to stay home. :( Having the back seat folded down in the mazda proves far better for sleep vs. the backseat of taurus.. PLus 100k less miles makes me feel a little better too. O well on to the good stuff:

post-136-0-41540300-1326866445_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-39194200-1326866447_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-50531900-1326866449_thumb.jpg

Devin you could take a heat gun and heat up around the edge of the light to heat the glue up. I ended up doing that for the F150 tail lights for the leds

Alex

If you want to heat something small up with a heat gun, it is much easier if you put it in a 5 gal. bucket to contain the heat. You still need to work the area you are heating, but it's quicker.

I don't know, I'm just not comfortable doing it, especially if I mess up.

devin, have you thought about a black billet grille? I think it would look awesome!

Got new wheels put on the truck today for $225.

Welp, Lucy takes the same headlight bulb as Marilyn, so I will take the Xtravisions and put them in her. So Lucy gets new headlight bulbs tomorrow.

Got new headliner in today with the help of my battle buddy.

Also I'm heading back to the yard to look for leather power seats

Anyways,Picture of the new wheels

DSCN0158.jpg

Dropping the Jeep off tonight to get ...

-New waterpump, rad hoses, thermostat, LF wheel bearing and axle u joints.

When that all comes off, get some plastidip

Mike

Considered it but it'd peel as soon as I scrape a tree or rock offroad. I think it looks pretty good with the white wheels. A buddy of mine wants to use plastidip to proect his new Jeep offroad.

428017_594243096933_202202220_31476004_336959595_n.jpg